Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,924)

Showing posts 38,461 - 38,480 of42,961
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
loon

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

same fuquing idiots promoting their same old stupid warmist agenda.

i could take a year off from this thread and not miss anything noteworthy.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

ritedownthemiddle wrote:
same fuquing idiots promoting their same old stupid warmist agenda.
i could take a year off from this thread and not miss anything noteworthy.
Good idea. Do it.

We don't need your lies.
Coal is King

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Voices from the coalfields:

From Morehead, KY:

“Power plants have added billions of dollars worth of equipment to remove SO2 and NOX. That is why your electric bill is so high. Also, didn't you learn in school that trees and all of the plants that supply your food love CO2?
Al Gore is making billions of dollars off of his war on coal. Don't believe a word he is saying because he is very biased and greedy person. He is driving up the price of electricity for the elderly and poor while getting rich.”

From Morehead, KY:

“Maybe you should keep your mouth shut and let people think you're stupid instead of opening your mouth and proving you're stupid. Mitch McConnell has been good for Kentucky else he wouldn't be elected time after time. As someone else said, Grimes hates coal miners. Actually, all demoncrats hate all working people. Demoncrats take from working people and give to people like yourself who wouldn't work in a pie factory tasting pies. What are moochers like you going to do when working people like myself give up and those welfare checks start bouncing?”

From London, KY:

“Liberals want to ban logging and fossil fuels. People didn't live healthy BEFORE this country was into mining, oil drilling/refining etc..A few pollutants keeps the bacteria under control. Did the early Native Americans live well?Nope Mr. Dirty Harry Reid D-NV. Harry Reid, Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Alison Lundergan Grimes (and her crooked daddy who funded Anthony Weiner of New York City) make me SICK.”

From Pikeville, KY:

“Coal has a very bright future. Europe is burning more coal. Germany built 12 new coal powered plants from 2010-2012 and decided they needed more and now have been building 23 more. Electric bills are coming down in Germany. Goodbye green energy. And Japan has set a new record for coal use in one year as they return to coal. As the world returns to coal, except for us, they will buy American coal.”

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea. Do it.
We don't need your lies.
of course you don't, son!!

you simians live a lie.
Jeff

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like the gleaners in the Bible. Coal companies & their upper crust paper shufflers & people shovers( who get millions in bonus, retirement & stock options) pay their workers so little, the citizens of the state have to scavenge. The coal companies pay little to the state gov'ts because they have them in their back pockets & carry the profits away to other regions of the world.
Pay their workers so little? Another asinine comment from someone who only knows what he has been spoonfed and does not know a thing about the truth. Miners make excellent wages and benefits. The only ones crying are the ones who do not want to work. I dont call making 50k plus a year without overtime little pay. Educate yourself as you are always telling others.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay their workers so little? Another asinine comment from someone who only knows what he has been spoonfed and does not know a thing about the truth. Miners make excellent wages and benefits. The only ones crying are the ones who do not want to work. I dont call making 50k plus a year without overtime little pay. Educate yourself as you are always telling others.
50K a year and a good chance it will kill you before your time.

Birmingham, Alabama, became an industrial giant by exploiting the cheap labor of rural blacks in its verdant coal and iron mines and steel mills. This gave it an advantage over Northern mills and mines. As a result, all mines and mills had to start holding the line on labor costs, refused to give wages or benefits, and unions were born in Pittsburgh and Detroit.

All men want to work; it gives their lives worth. The only crying was from the widows and orphans of miners.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

The Northwest rebellion begins!

The West, especially California, lead the way again.

(Reuters)- The leaders of the three U.S. states along the Pacific Coast and the Canadian province of British Columbia agreed on Monday to align carbon-cutting policies in the coastal region, which together is equivalent to the world's fifth-largest economy.

Under the agreement aimed at aligning climate change strategies, the U.S. states of Oregon and Washington will move to set their first pricing on carbon emissions.

California, which has a cap-and-trade program, and British Columbia, which has a carbon tax, will continue current carbon pricing programs under the deal.

"We're the first generation to feel the sting of climate change, and we are the last generation that can do something about it," said Washington Governor Jay Inslee, who along with the governors of California and Oregon is a Democrat.

He said recent public hearings made it clear that people in his Pacific Northwest state want action on climate change. "They want a limit on carbon pollution... they want action now."

The new agreement also calls for Oregon and Washington to adopt a "low carbon fuel standard," which requires transportation fuel producers to gradually reduce the carbon content of their products.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

"coal is cancer" coughed:
Power plants have added billions of dollars worth of equipment to remove SO2 and NOX. That is why your electric bill is so high.
Coal has a very bright future.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Right where the coal powered electricity generating plant & downwind populations are is exactly where excess lung cancer rates are highest.

http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/lung/statistics/sta...

Therefore, rich coal industry leaders still aren't paying what they need, to save people that coal endangers.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

deaf jeff wrote:
Pay their workers so little?.....Miners make excellent wages and benefits.
Some make $50,000 per year, till they die & some don't take long to die.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/06/coal...
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

ratdownthemiddle wrote:
i could take a year off from this thread.......
Take many years off. Have an obit sent to notify us.......
Jeff

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Some make $50,000 per year, till they die & some don't take long to die.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/06/coal...
The Huffington post does a hit piece that has no backup, and has no connection to what we as miners make here in our area. You took the bait. Our miners are making good wages. To bad your politicians are letting (I take it they are letting the companies get away with this, funny you are not contacting your representatives on this) the companies cheat them, although I doubt this is really happening.
billy hill

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Why don't everone put thair Cadillac converters from thair car on their shop vacs and start suckin even I gots ideas!

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
One step at a time...
You got so close but could/would not admit Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite.
Don't feel bad... no other warmists can muster the courage either, but it does lend some credibility to the 'religion' aspects of AGW culture.
Thanks... again for the confirmation.

You are the hypocrite. You say that you have good arguments against global warming but only spout ad hominems about Al Gore. Who cares? Al delivers an important message. Study the message, not the messenger.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Take many years off. Have an obit sent to notify us.......
speaking of obits....global warming alarmism has been dead for over 2 years.
You clowns fit into the crowd that claims Elvis sightings.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

deaf jeff wrote:
The Huffington post does a hit piece........
In truth, transplanted euros, this time in the form of coal paper shufflers & people shovers, who have pumped coal dust into the lungs of faithful workers till their deaths, continue their ever mad hit piece on Native Tribes, telling lies, destroying their lands & of course, casting aside the lives of Native Tribal members for coal glory.
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the hypocrite. You say that you have good arguments against global warming but only spout ad hominems about Al Gore. Who cares? Al delivers an important message. Study the message, not the messenger.
I agree with you!
I do not care how large Mr. Gore's Carbon Footprint is. "Who cares?"
I do not care how large your Carbon Footprint is. "Who Cares?"
I DO care how large my Carbon Footprint is because there is a direct correlation between the size of one's Carbon Footprint and the cost of living.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

ratdownthemiddle wrote:
.....speaking of obits....global warming alarmism has been dead....
The thing that's dead is the education of "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y". It has no science or mathematics degrees. "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" has no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, or pre-calc for its poorly or non-earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.

DEAD is the knowledge of "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y".

I'm glad "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" never learns.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing that's dead is the education of "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y". It has no science or mathematics degrees. "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" has no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, or pre-calc for its poorly or non-earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
DEAD is the knowledge of "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y".
I'm glad "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" never learns.
do something with your life, fktard.
Posting the same tired shyt over and over is a waste of co2.....or don't you care about that?
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Bullies tend to be immature, narcissistic sociopaths. Logic and reason only inflames their irrationality.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 38,461 - 38,480 of42,961
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the California Forum right now

Search the California Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 40 min Justice Dale 167,506
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 2 hr NorCal Native 39,688
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Jenwilliams2014 199,080
Obamacare: Californians will pay 10th highest r... (Sep '13) 9 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti 2,786
Mexico's Take Over Of California: Complete By 2... (Jun '09) 10 hr mexifornia bites 27,492
California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 14 hr Activity 15,657
California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Tue Bag itts 4,551
•••
•••
•••
•••