Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 54004 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

litesong

Monroe, WA

#40937 Oct 28, 2013
deaf jeff wrote:
Pay their workers so little?.....Miners make excellent wages and benefits.
Some make $50,000 per year, till they die & some don't take long to die.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/06/coal...
litesong

Monroe, WA

#40938 Oct 28, 2013
ratdownthemiddle wrote:
i could take a year off from this thread.......
Take many years off. Have an obit sent to notify us.......
Jeff

Beckley, WV

#40939 Oct 28, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Some make $50,000 per year, till they die & some don't take long to die.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/06/coal...
The Huffington post does a hit piece that has no backup, and has no connection to what we as miners make here in our area. You took the bait. Our miners are making good wages. To bad your politicians are letting (I take it they are letting the companies get away with this, funny you are not contacting your representatives on this) the companies cheat them, although I doubt this is really happening.
billy hill

Gurnee, IL

#40940 Oct 29, 2013
Why don't everone put thair Cadillac converters from thair car on their shop vacs and start suckin even I gots ideas!

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#40941 Oct 29, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
One step at a time...
You got so close but could/would not admit Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite.
Don't feel bad... no other warmists can muster the courage either, but it does lend some credibility to the 'religion' aspects of AGW culture.
Thanks... again for the confirmation.

You are the hypocrite. You say that you have good arguments against global warming but only spout ad hominems about Al Gore. Who cares? Al delivers an important message. Study the message, not the messenger.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#40942 Oct 29, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Take many years off. Have an obit sent to notify us.......
speaking of obits....global warming alarmism has been dead for over 2 years.
You clowns fit into the crowd that claims Elvis sightings.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#40943 Oct 29, 2013
deaf jeff wrote:
The Huffington post does a hit piece........
In truth, transplanted euros, this time in the form of coal paper shufflers & people shovers, who have pumped coal dust into the lungs of faithful workers till their deaths, continue their ever mad hit piece on Native Tribes, telling lies, destroying their lands & of course, casting aside the lives of Native Tribal members for coal glory.
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

#40944 Oct 29, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the hypocrite. You say that you have good arguments against global warming but only spout ad hominems about Al Gore. Who cares? Al delivers an important message. Study the message, not the messenger.
I agree with you!
I do not care how large Mr. Gore's Carbon Footprint is. "Who cares?"
I do not care how large your Carbon Footprint is. "Who Cares?"
I DO care how large my Carbon Footprint is because there is a direct correlation between the size of one's Carbon Footprint and the cost of living.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#40945 Oct 29, 2013
ratdownthemiddle wrote:
.....speaking of obits....global warming alarmism has been dead....
The thing that's dead is the education of "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y". It has no science or mathematics degrees. "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" has no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, or pre-calc for its poorly or non-earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.

DEAD is the knowledge of "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y".

I'm glad "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" never learns.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#40946 Oct 29, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing that's dead is the education of "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y". It has no science or mathematics degrees. "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" has no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, or pre-calc for its poorly or non-earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
do something with your life, fktard.
Posting the same tired shyt over and over is a waste of co2.....or don't you care about that?
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

#40947 Oct 29, 2013
Bullies tend to be immature, narcissistic sociopaths. Logic and reason only inflames their irrationality.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#40948 Oct 29, 2013
ratedownthemiddle wrote:
Posting the same .....over and over.....
"ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" posts the same, based on no education.

Dead is the education of "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y". It has no science or mathematics degrees. "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" has no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra, or pre-calc for its poorly or non-earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.

Wichita, KS

#40949 Oct 29, 2013
B as in B S as in S wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you!
I do not care how large Mr. Gore's Carbon Footprint is. "Who cares?"
I do not care how large your Carbon Footprint is. "Who Cares?"
I DO care how large my Carbon Footprint is because there is a direct correlation between the size of one's Carbon Footprint and the cost of living.
Yes!! If global warming continues unabated the cost of living will become painful. I do care about our carbon foot print.

y
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40950 Oct 29, 2013
litesong wrote:
loon
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#40951 Oct 29, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL

True to form you still can't admit Al Gore is hypocrite.

He must really be a man of the cloth for you warmists.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#40952 Oct 29, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
True to form you still can't admit Al Gore is hypocrite.
Rather, most people here don't descend to simple ad-hominem message such as your, misdirected as to the source anyway. The science comes from scientists, not from Al Gore. And YOU are a hypocrite if you say that he isn't doing enough when YOU think he is doing too much...

Actually, the ad-hominem about Al Gore is about as rational as claiming that he isn't a Christian because he doesn't wear a crown of thorns or nail himself to a cross. How are you doing on that score, or have you sold your soul (if any) to Satan?)
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
He must really be a man of the cloth for you warmists.
What would YOU know about religion? Wearing sack cloth and ashes or are you a hypocrite..(<sarcasm>)

Wichita, KS

#40953 Oct 29, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather, most people here don't descend to simple ad-hominem message such as your, misdirected as to the source anyway. The science comes from scientists, not from Al Gore. And YOU are a hypocrite if you say that he isn't doing enough when YOU think he is doing too much...
Actually, the ad-hominem about Al Gore is about as rational as claiming that he isn't a Christian because he doesn't wear a crown of thorns or nail himself to a cross. How are you doing on that score, or have you sold your soul (if any) to Satan?)
<quoted text>
What would YOU know about religion? Wearing sack cloth and ashes or are you a hypocrite..(<sarcasm>)
You simply try to kill the messenger. Nothing here. Time to move on.

Wichita, KS

#40954 Oct 29, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
OOps, I replied to the wrong post.. My response was to old mothballs empty post.

Wichita, KS

#40955 Oct 29, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
loon
Bimbette, ninnyhammer.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40956 Oct 29, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>To another:

You simply try to kill the messenger. Nothing here. Time to move on.
But it can't read a map.. to move on.. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California governor signs strict school vaccine... 4 min Wake Up Call 28
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 24 min Rosa_Winkel 60,567
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Big D 201,821
who know iluxshop.co? 2 hr Jane 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Dr Guru 192,509
Beaumont Steals Sales Tax Revenue From Other Ca... 10 hr Libi Uremovic 1
18 F skype? 18 hr Celia 1
More from around the web