Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 49,334
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story

“Science not Conservatism”

Since: Jan 12

Progress, not Denial

#35286 Apr 22, 2013
mememine69 wrote:
Scientific "proof" is when science says comet hits and asteroid hits are inevitable and eventual but climate science has never said a CO2 climate crisis "will" happen only 27 years of "maybe" and "could be" and.......Science gave us pesticides and made environmentalism necessary in the first place.
A climate crisis "IS" a comet hit of an emergency and thus needs certainty not "maybes" in order for the climate change movement to be sustainable but maybe it's too late?
*REAL progressives know that Occupywallstreet does not even mention CO2 in its list of demands because of the bank-funded carbon trading stock markets ruled by corporations and trustworthy politicians.*
Pure gibberish.
Bushwhacker

Minneapolis, MN

#35287 Apr 22, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
So glad you told the shortcomings of AGW scientists, who only have 10-16 years more science & mathematics than you.
I have 40+years of science and math.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#35288 Apr 22, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. That is why Venus is so cold.....
Has it occurred to you that Venus is closer to the sun than the Earth? You think that MIGHT just have something to do with why it is hotter? Why is Neptune so cold? Its atmosphere is 1.5% methane and that is HUGELY more than on Earth. Isn't methane a "greenhouse gas"?

“Science not Conservatism”

Since: Jan 12

Progress, not Denial

#35289 Apr 22, 2013
fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Has it occurred to you that Venus is closer to the sun than the Earth? You think that MIGHT just have something to do with why it is hotter? Why is Neptune so cold? Its atmosphere is 1.5% methane and that is HUGELY more than on Earth. Isn't methane a "greenhouse gas"?
It's not NEARLY close enough to be as hot as it is purely from the Sun's rays. It might average 10-15 degrees or so hotter...human life could exist there, at least in terms of the average temperature.

It's actual surface temperatures are closer to 900 F, so obviously there's something else going on there. What's going on is long-term runaway greenhouse.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#35290 Apr 22, 2013
fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
The interesting fact about Venus is that its upper atmosphere is so cold. This of course is explained by our understanding (that is, people of science, not ignorant twits like you) of the radiative properties of CO2.

The physics equations that determine the temperature of a planet's surface have been around for 60 years or more, as has the understanding that adding more CO2 will warm our own planet.

There are no credible scientists who dispute this, even those sceptical of the risks of AGW, and it's no surprise to anybody except a bunch of internet cranks and conspiracy theorists who wouldn't understand physics if it bit their behinds that CO2 cools the upper atmosphere.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#35291 Apr 22, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
But they 'own unburnable fossil fuels'...
... there is a danger of a carbon "bubble."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...
Everywhere the plume went, the die-off went," Hollander said.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/environment/wate ...
In some areas where the die-off occurred, he said, the tiny creatures came back, but in others the bottom remains bare. Meanwhile, some of the burrowing kind are digging down into the contaminated sediment — and stirring it up all over again.
Tell that to the energy boom towns and Wall Street. Look at the citations, the CO2 emission limits aren't real.

Green energy doesn't work, fossil fuel does. CO2 doesn't cause die off, acid rain does.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#35292 Apr 22, 2013
Donny Brook wrote:
Global Warming/Climate Change is hoax and has made Gore hundreds of millions of dollars and cost the US taxpayer hundreds of bilions, into the trillions in misspent, wasted, and idiotic spending. If these shysters have a better mousetrap let them fund it. The Obamas will make billons of dollars on profit sharing in kickbacks for giving our money to his crooked fiends.
Hahahahahaha, you so funnee!

Show us the money!

Over here, boys, this one needs triage. He's been GORED!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#35293 Apr 22, 2013
mememine69 wrote:
<quoted text>We are the only conscious beings in an unconscious universe. Get over it.
And science saying 27 years of "maybe" a crisis proves it "won't be" a crisis.
Do you have proof that we are the only conscious beings in this universe? Didn't think so. Or have you been tripping around the Universe without telling anyone?

I see your 5% and raise you 95%.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#35294 Apr 22, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Do you have proof that we are the only conscious beings in this universe?
toxic topix AGW deniers have no proof that THEY have consciousness.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#35295 Apr 22, 2013
fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
A friend of mine got a PhD in astro physics and obviously is not a retard. When he mentioned the same arguments as you, especially Neptune and methane, one "climatologist" told him there is a difference between the methane on Neptune and the greenhouse gas methane.

Even fundamentals of chemistry remains a "special" thing to these people it appears. I guess the next would be to rearrange the periodic table, maybe switching the space of fluoride with carbon?? For these clowns everything is possible.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#35296 Apr 22, 2013
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>
A friend of mine got a PhD in astro physics and obviously is not a retard. When he mentioned the same arguments as you, especially Neptune and methane, one "climatologist" told him there is a difference between the methane on Neptune and the greenhouse gas methane.
Even fundamentals of chemistry remains a "special" thing to these people it appears. I guess the next would be to rearrange the periodic table, maybe switching the space of fluoride with carbon?? For these clowns everything is possible.
You've come out as a clown yourself.

Hearsay over hearsay.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#35297 Apr 22, 2013
fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
But it has so much CO2 in the atmosphere that from your link it should reflect all the heat and turn into a refrigerator.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#35298 Apr 22, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You've come out as a clown yourself.
Hearsay over hearsay.
That was a rebuke of my arguments indeed. What a sophist you global warming religious fanatics are...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#35299 Apr 22, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
But it has so much CO2 in the atmosphere that from your link it should reflect all the heat and turn into a refrigerator.
Why don't you propose that to the NASA experts that published the article? I just report it. I didn't write the paper so don't shoot the messenger.
Really

Independence, KS

#35300 Apr 22, 2013
There was a land bridge allowing people to walk to America, but since the sea level came up 390 feet, it is under water. There were glaciers all the way down into Nebraska. Research has shown that the first Americans caused the "faster than now" rise in sea level by having too many camp fires. It was an easy to prove since the camp fires were all the people had to increase CO2, and nothing else could of caused the sea level rise.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#35301 Apr 22, 2013
fishaholic wrote:
Has it occurred to you that Venus is closer to the sun than the Earth? You think that MIGHT just have something to do with why it is hotter?
Boy, do I agree with you. The sun determines planet temperatures..... A, B, C. Its that simple. Mercury is hotter than Venus, Venus is hotter than Earth..........

Whoops! The average temperature of Venus is much hotter than the average temperature of Mercury.
http://www.universetoday.com/47903/why-is-ven...
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#35302 Apr 22, 2013
Really wrote:
There was a land bridge allowing people to walk to America, but since the sea level came up 390 feet, it is under water. There were glaciers all the way down into Nebraska. Research has shown that the first Americans caused the "faster than now" rise in sea level by having too many camp fires. It was an easy to prove since the camp fires were all the people had to increase CO2, and nothing else could of caused the sea level rise.
A little learning is a dangerous thing.

What research? Who did this research and came to this ridiculous conclusion?

How many campfires would it take to equal the GHG output of all of the rest of civilization since 1850? You know, the coal burning power plants, the steel mills, the cars, trucks, trains, planes? Did you forget that primitive people have also set grassland and forest fires, either accidentally or on purpose?

Have you ever heard of critical thinking? I recommend it.

Is that you, Teener?

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#35303 Apr 23, 2013
fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you propose that to the NASA experts that published the article? I just report it. I didn't write the paper so don't shoot the messenger.
Your article wasn't published by NASA- it was a political spin of the article on a political site.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-...

The NASA article reports on a known role of CO2 in the atmosphere. Your article tries to portray this as a new discovery that somehow undermines AGW.

Messengers who peddle lies deserve to get shot.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#35304 Apr 23, 2013
Get up to date and stop this needless panic.

*Occupywallstreet does not even mention CO2 in its list of demands because of the bank-funded carbon trading stock markets ruled by corporations and trustworthy politicians.

Science only agrees it “could” be not “will” be a crisis.

Not one single IPCC warning isn’t swimming in “maybes” and not one single scientist anywhere has ever said a CO2 crisis is as inevitable or eventual like the same scientists like to say comet hits are, only
“possibly” and “potentially” and “likely” and…. Deny that!

A climate crisis is the worst emergency imaginable and needs certainty not “maybe”. And if you think a little tiny catastrophic crisis is even possible, nothing will change your mind doomer.

If “maybe” is good enough for you to condemn your own children to your exaggerated greenhouse gas ovens……………you are no planet lover, you just hate humanity.

28 years of “maybe” is 100% proof that CO2 “won’t” be acrisis.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#35305 Apr 23, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Your article wasn't published by NASA- it was a political spin of the article on a political site.
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-...
The NASA article reports on a known role of CO2 in the atmosphere. Your article tries to portray this as a new discovery that somehow undermines AGW.
Messengers who peddle lies deserve to get shot.
Actually contrarian Tim Ball was instrumental in starting the denier site. He has lost creditability in the science community so has to resort to such tactics to get his distorted viewpoints out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Guru 182,122
Is CA drought God's punishment for Prop. 8 bein... 6 hr Maude 2
looking for guys on skype 8 hr babygirlx19 1
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Thu Bently 201,187
Mexico's Take Over Of California: Complete By 2... (Jun '09) Thu Cricket 23 27,516
How cannons and coalminers linked Brierley Hill... Wed Hal 1
Gov. Brown names Commissioner Michael Picker pr... Wed Solarman 1
More from around the web