Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 47,495
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#33117 Dec 15, 2012
Its real wrote:
And it's to late. We're all doomed.
Come on. Not even 8pm yet.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#33118 Dec 15, 2012
phdudd wrote:
Science finds errors and make corrections to their errors to find that their corrections were in error.
//////////
phdudd wrote:
Science finds errors and make corrections to their errors to find that their corrections were in error.
//////////
phdudd wrote:
The melting ice really really wouldn't melt if it were off that back burner.
//////////
litesong wrote:
The melting ice really really is melting........ thus, the definition of 'melting ice'.
November 1980 total Arctic sea ice=18000 cubic kilometers.
November 2012 total Arctic sea ice= 6200 cubic kilometers.
Arctic sea ice is in an uncontrolled plummeting collapse of AGW heated Arctic waters, including powerful feedbacks, piled on other powerful feedbacks.
PHD

Overton, TX

#33119 Dec 16, 2012
The global warming really really means nothing other than a new method for the scare monger AKA "litesout.
PHD

Overton, TX

#33120 Dec 16, 2012
litesout wrote:
phdudd wrote:
litesout wrote:
The melting ice really really is melting........ thus, the definition of 'melting ice'.
Arctic sea ice is in an uncontrolled plummeting collapse of AGW heated Arctic waters, including powerful feedbacks, piled on other powerful feedbacks.
The melting ice really really means nothing other than a new method for the scare monger AKA "litesout.
H Gilmore

Brooklyn, NY

#33121 Dec 16, 2012
litesong wrote:
phdudd wrote:
//////////
phdudd wrote:
//////////
phdudd wrote:
The melting ice really really wouldn't melt if it were off that back burner.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Lafferty, Daniel
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#33122 Dec 16, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty clever response.
I did not ignore your reply to me re the Chinese characters. The trouble is that there were more points to comment on, to disagree with, etc. than I had time for.
Still your view is a mixed position; however, you don't like the Chinese. I think until the western interference of late in history, the Chinese were onto themselves and of mostly non-invading nature. But not anymore. You know whom to thank for that.
That response was to the anon proxy troll "PHD," not you.

As for our convo re: Chinese characters, that's been confined to a very narrow issue - their capacity (or otherwise) as a society to innovate.

I have seen no reason offered thus far to revise my view that no one need fear being "out-innovated" by China for the forseeable future. They do not innovate - they steal IP and imitate.

Now as for my "liking" the Chinese or not, you are drawing a premature conclusion based upon far too sketchy data.

I've lived in China for many years. I find the Chinese people and some aspects of modern China admirable. But I don't think Topix offers a canvas big enough to take on the vast discussion you're now proposing, of foreign influences on the last 200 years of Chinese history (the most prominent, by far, of course being Japan).
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#33123 Dec 16, 2012
teddy r stupid wrote:
.....the vast discussion you're now proposing, of foreign influences on the last 200 years of Chinese history (the most prominent, by far, of course being Japan).
Domestic influences on Chinese history are the communist chinese(always small letters) murders, tortures & starvations of 100 million of their own BROTHERS, SISTERS, CHILDREN & BABIES, to force rule over Chinese citizens.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#33124 Dec 17, 2012
Climate change is usually slow moving but panic spreads quickly.
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#33125 Dec 17, 2012
Lol, does the phenomenon directly correlate to government's interest in it and the probability of whether they can get money based on it? The article is no longer there but the title suggests it. I'm sure planetary warming will become the most dire hysterical thing to happen to human kind right after the we hear about how the large number of guns in the country are.

Not saying that climate change is not happening it's just weird that people are so shocked when they hear people disbelieving when politicians claim they can prevent planetary warming - that's weird first of all - but then they say they could if only they could get rich people - and consumers in general - to give them more money and power over the economy. Really though, it seems the bulk of most policy is based on, "the people who can afford to pay us can pollute".
PHD

Overton, TX

#33126 Dec 17, 2012
It's moving so fast you might fall of that flat edge.
cricket

Winter Park, FL

#33127 Dec 17, 2012
IPCC climate fraud evidence leaked 9 months in advance....
Contains game-changing admission of enhanced solar forcing...

Full AR5 draft leaked here:

http://stopgreensuicide.com/
cricket

Winter Park, FL

#33128 Dec 17, 2012
In plain English:

'The IPCC’s (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s) 5th Assessment Report due for release in September of 2013, has now been leaked publicly over 9 months in advance in advance on an internet publication called “Stop Green Suicide“.

One of the reports 800 expert reviewers, a man by the name of Alex Rawls who leaked the report is backing the leak with written evidence that cosmic rays are actually the cause of climate change and warming patterns, thus blowing the lid off the whole entire global warming fraud pushed by figureheads such as Al Gore and others.'

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#33129 Dec 17, 2012
cricket wrote:
Leaked IPCC Draft Report: Recent Warming Is Manmade, Cloud Feedback Is Positive, Inaction Is Suicidal

The draft 2013 Fifth Assessment report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change leaked this week makes clear inaction on climate change would be devastating to modern civilization. The report finds that the human fingerprint on climate has grown more obvious, concluding “it is virtually certain” the energy imbalance that causes global warming “is caused by human activities, primarily by the increase in CO2 concentrations. There is very high confidence that natural forcing contributes only a small fraction to this imbalance.”

Yes, I know, the easily-duped deniers and their media stooges have reported the opposite is true, that solar forcing has been a significant driver of recent warming, but the deniers are as likely to be right as the flat earthers. The only question is why anyone still listens to them.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2012/12/16/1...

"the green troll"

#33130 Dec 17, 2012
cricket wrote:
In plain English:
'The IPCC’s (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s) 5th Assessment Report due for release in September of 2013, has now been leaked publicly over 9 months in advance in advance on an internet publication called “Stop Green Suicide“.
One of the reports 800 expert reviewers, a man by the name of Alex Rawls who leaked the report is backing the leak with written evidence that cosmic rays are actually the cause of climate change and warming patterns, thus blowing the lid off the whole entire global warming fraud pushed by figureheads such as Al Gore and others.'
Professor Steve Sherwood is a director of the Climate Change Research Centre at the University of New South Wales.

He is also a lead author of chapter seven of the IPCC report, which happens to be the one the sceptics are claiming for their side.

But Professor Sherwood is scornful of the idea that the chapter he helped write confirms a greater role for solar and other cosmic rays in global warming.

STEVE SHERWOOD: Oh that’s completely ridiculous. I’m sure you could go and read those paragraphs yourself and the summary of it and see that we conclude exactly the opposite, that this cosmic ray effect that the paragraph is discussing appears to be negligible.

http://climatecrocks.com/2012/12/14/cherry-pi...

"the green troll"

#33131 Dec 17, 2012
An attempt by climate sceptics to hijack the latest UN report on global warming by selectively leaking claims that it is caused by sunspots rather than man-made emissions of carbon dioxide has backfired.

Sceptics described the forthcoming report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) as a “game changer” because of its apparent support for the controversial theory that solar activity, interacting with cosmic rays from deep space, can explain global warming.

Alec Rawls, a Republican blogger in the United States who signed himself up as an expert IPCC reviewer, decided to leak the panel’s Fifth Assessment Report (AR5) on the grounds that it is a taxpayer-funded document.

Mr Rawls claimed the report suggests that the IPCC has finally come round to the idea that solar activity – sunspots – is partly responsible for the observed global temperatures rise seen over the past half century.

However, climate scientists pointed out that Mr Rawls has selectively quoted from the draft report and has ignored other parts of the document stating that solar activity and cosmic rays cannot explain the increase in global temperatures seen over the past half century, as sceptics have repeatedly claimed.

The AR5 draft report states that although there is “some evidence” that solar activity combined with cosmic rays may influence the formation of clouds, and therefore temperatures, but the phenomenon is “too weak” to influence the climate in any significant way.

The other major problem with the sunspots idea is that solar activity has largely flat-lined over the past 50 years, whereas average global temperatures have continued to rise, the IPCC report says.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/clim...

"the green troll"

#33132 Dec 17, 2012
What can a scientist writing the next IPCC report tell us about what will be in it (as opposed to a dumb denier misreading it)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#33133 Dec 17, 2012
cricket wrote:
Just another example of the wacko's cherry picking out of context and blowing it out of proportion. Read the whole paper.....
cricket

Winter Park, FL

#33134 Dec 17, 2012
cricket

Winter Park, FL

#33135 Dec 17, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another example of the wacko's cherry picking out of context and blowing it out of proportion. Read the whole paper.....
Cherry picking? Oh yes I forgot, all those lies and collusion emails and ignoring of science and hiding real scientific data by the warmie elitists who are pushing your favored agenda.

Aren't you going to say that they are just the 'oil baron crowd' too?

Or that they are paid shills who have a lot to lose like your warmie advocates are?

What, no other name calling or tagging?

Your're slipping.

No talking points today from your Supreme Warmie Gurus Al & Hansen?
PHD

Overton, TX

#33136 Dec 17, 2012
Global warming move so fast it created global cooling. Much like your ceiling fan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,361
Who are you voting for in the California Govern... 1 hr Doug Tessitor 4
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 5 hr NorCal Native 56,636
The History And Lifestyle Of Delta Stripers 22 hr -Lea- 1
California Governor Jerry Brown CARROLL*TRUST L... Wed Stuart Furness 1
Robin Williams Suspected of Taking Life Because... Tue hunterjuly 11
Who's got your vote in the California State Tre... Mon Donny B 1

California People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE