Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
30,081 - 30,100 of 46,314 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#31826 Aug 6, 2012
flack wrote:
Man will move into space. It is in our genes.
It's a shame you won't be around to witness it.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#31827 Aug 6, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>It's a shame you won't be around to witness it.
You are pathetic.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#31828 Aug 6, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
The troll said that a solar system will never ROI and that is a lie that has been proven a lie over and over.....
Just like your lie that sail boats don't have solar panels and you link shaped that every boat had solar panels and some also had wind turbines.....
You like him prove yourself wrong.........With your own words.
So you claim. Yet the numbers still do not agree. Just like the majority of the sail boats in the world do not have solar panels.

Norfolk va

#31829 Aug 6, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets take your last state,end about Bernie......
Why can't you prove that???
Why can't you prove my ROI numbers wrong????
Why can't you prove that my solar system did not fully pay for itself in less than 4 years?
I receive the checks from PGE.....
I showed you Butte Collage that installed a solar system that is allowed them to lower their charge for students because of the income they receive from their solar system.....
Hard numbers.........You can't prove wrong........
Why can't you back up your stupid claims???
Tell us???
Waiting..........ROTFLMAO
Funny thing is electric companies are also receiving checks from the PGE. ENRON was at one time receiving checks from PGE. The fact that PGE has to buy power from companies outside of the state is one of the reasons why electrical costs in California.

Which means that those ROI numbers are skewered by that and all the money the state is paying for your panels. Add those costs and your ROI would be infinity. Which is looking like it will happen soon. California is out of money and borrowing like Greece. Like Greece they are going to have to go through a period where they are going to have to slash that budget to the bone and that like like it will happen in a couple of years. How long will depend on how they handle it. If they pass laws to encourage businesses to come to California then it will be only four or five years. If they try to prop up the system they have now then they are going to be stuck with them for decades.

Norfolk va

#31830 Aug 6, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
It's time to leave LOLROIKWH to his own devices, talking to himself.
What say you, tina?
Sounds like a good idea.

Norfolk va

#31831 Aug 6, 2012
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
How many girls have you had?
One who turns seventeen next month.
PHD

Houston, TX

#31832 Aug 6, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing is electric companies are also receiving checks from the PGE. ENRON was at one time receiving checks from PGE. The fact that PGE has to buy power from companies outside of the state is one of the reasons why electrical costs in California.
Which means that those ROI numbers are skewered by that and all the money the state is paying for your panels. Add those costs and your ROI would be infinity. Which is looking like it will happen soon. California is out of money and borrowing like Greece. Like Greece they are going to have to go through a period where they are going to have to slash that budget to the bone and that like like it will happen in a couple of years. How long will depend on how they handle it. If they pass laws to encourage businesses to come to California then it will be only four or five years. If they try to prop up the system they have now then they are going to be stuck with them for decades.
Hay Less than a box of Rocks the elect market trades power all around this Great Country now for years.Why don't you run for Gov. of California I'm sure you will get a warm welcome"not".There just is no end to your stupid. Hay keep it up your free entertainment and the world needs a good laugh.
PHD

Houston, TX

#31833 Aug 6, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
One who turns seventeen next month.
Its not toooooo late adopt her out she can be saved.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#31834 Aug 6, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
So you claim. Yet the numbers still do not agree. Just like the majority of the sail boats in the world do not have solar panels.
Tell us why you can't show us what numbers don't agree???

Tell us why you claim that but can't prove my numbers wrong???

Tell us why you would say that sail boats don't use solar and then post a link and every boat that you could see all had solar panels and some had both solar and wind????

I have asked you for months to prove my ROI wrong but you can't and just duck and dodge....

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#31835 Aug 6, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
The state of California does not generate enough electricity to meet its needs..........ROTFLMAO

I ran ROI numbers for you in many states and even countries that have no tax incentives.......
I ran the numbers in California without using any incentives..

Show me what state or county has the lowest electric cost and I will run a ROI for you on that price and prove you wrong again...

So once again you stick your hooves in your mouth.......
I have never met a more ignorant person that is so determined to just open their mouth about subjects you have zero knowledge about and make a fool of yourself over and over......

Norfolk va

#31836 Aug 6, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us why you can't show us what numbers don't agree???
Tell us why you claim that but can't prove my numbers wrong???
Tell us why you would say that sail boats don't use solar and then post a link and every boat that you could see all had solar panels and some had both solar and wind????
I have asked you for months to prove my ROI wrong but you can't and just duck and dodge....
I showed you the links to sailboats for sail. Several of them. Meanwhile you have yet to provide anything. Some of the ones that you claim had solar panels turned out to have a sky light. I guess you can claim it was solar lighting of course the average person would know it better as sunlight.

As for the ROI, you have yet to prove it true. So far you have shown everyone some made up numbers that may or may not be true then claim that I must have a hoof (singular) not hooves (plural) in my mouth.

And what is with the tell us? Are you referring to the voices in your head. Otherwise the correct question is tell you. Because other than a few people with questionable contact with reality the only one who really want to know is you.

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#31837 Aug 6, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I showed you the links to sailboats for sail. Several of them. Meanwhile you have yet to provide anything. Some of the ones that you claim had solar panels turned out to have a sky light. I guess you can claim it was solar lighting of course the average person would know it better as sunlight.
As for the ROI, you have yet to prove it true. So far you have shown everyone some made up numbers that may or may not be true then claim that I must have a hoof (singular) not hooves (plural) in my mouth.
And what is with the tell us? Are you referring to the voices in your head. Otherwise the correct question is tell you. Because other than a few people with questionable contact with reality the only one who really want to know is you.
Wrong again.........Expand the photos I did with iPhoto and you can see on every boat with a visible deck that they do indeed have solar panels.
Only two boats did not have a view of the deck.....
Many boats use the small square solar panels as the deck is rounded and large panels don't fit.
The small flexible panels that you called skylights (LOL) are indeed flexible thin frameless panels.

Wrong again .......ROTFLMAO

here are the numbers I used......
1. Cost of solar panels. I used one dollar and posted links where companies had systems for sale for less than one dollar.

2. Cost of electricity and I posted rates for California and a few other states and then I used the nation wide average provided by 3rd party and posted a link to it.

3. The third and final number I used is the number of hours average sun per day and it has been proven to be very conservative as it only says that Puerto Vallarta gets 5.8 hours of sun per day and LA only gets 5 hours of sun per day. Any anyone that has ever been to LA knows that is a very conservative number.......

So as I have asked you dozens of times please show me what number is wrong????
You claim I have not proven my numbers but that is just another of your ignorant statements....

There are only three numbers needed and two of them are undeniable as cost of the product was shown and average electric charges were also shown.

So that leaves hours per day of sun and if you really want to tell us that LA does not get 5 hours average per day sun then you are even dumber than every post you have posted.....

Wrong again..........There are dozens on Topix that have read, commented or sent me a private message.
But also these forums are used by me in many classrooms here in Mexico....
Yes we have taught 3rd graders how to calc the ROI on solar panels.
We have also taught them to can the savings of switching a 100 watt incandescent light out for a 11 watt LED light.
We have ran the numbers on the light being used from one hour per day to 24 hours per day...

We have also taught them to calc how many pesos it cost to run a 1,500 watt hairdryer for 5 minutes per day per month. Or the cost to leaving on a electric coffee pot on for 6 hours per day....

I have also taught them how to use a amp gage and I loan out a little device that works like a Kill a watt recorder to also show them what things like TVs cost to run.....Google "kill a watt meter"

Yes this is 3rd grade as it is the grade my child is in.....

Still waiting for you to tell me what one of the three numbers I used is wrong..........LOL
Waiting..........ROTFLMAO

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#31838 Aug 6, 2012
“Scientific” Consensus Broken Down:
26 years of climate change research and millions of studies later we are now left with the major scientific academies all agreeing; “Climate change is real and happening and could possibly be a crisis of unstoppable warming.”
Yes “could possibly be”. Not one single IPCC report of crisis ever mentions the promise of a climate crisis with “certainty”,“immanency” or “unavoidable” or “impending” etc. It is always with a “maybe”. Always!
And how could they all have consensus of unstoppable warming when they all have their own special and unique studies on “effects” and almost never on “causes”?
Climate change was the study of the effects in a worst case scenario of the crisis of climate change caused by Humanity, a “crisis” that can’t be proven or disproved anyways.
Wouldn’t the millions of people in the global scientific community be acting just a little differently if this really was a real climate crisis? Nothing could be worse besides a comet hit.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31839 Aug 6, 2012
mememine69 wrote:
“Scientific” Consensus Broken Down:
26 years of climate change research and millions of studies later we are now left with the major scientific academies all agreeing; “Climate change is real and happening and could possibly be a crisis of unstoppable warming.”
Yes “could possibly be”. Not one single IPCC report of crisis ever mentions the promise of a climate crisis with “certainty”,“immanency” or “unavoidable” or “impending” etc. It is always with a “maybe”. Always!
And how could they all have consensus of unstoppable warming when they all have their own special and unique studies on “effects” and almost never on “causes”?
Climate change was the study of the effects in a worst case scenario of the crisis of climate change caused by Humanity, a “crisis” that can’t be proven or disproved anyways.
Wouldn’t the millions of people in the global scientific community be acting just a little differently if this really was a real climate crisis? Nothing could be worse besides a comet hit.
CORRECTION:

Nothing possibly could be worse besides a comet hit.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31840 Aug 6, 2012
Hansen's latest:

“Climate dice,” describing the chance of unusually warm or cool seasons, have become more and more “loaded” in the past 30 y, coincident with rapid global warming. The distribution of seasonal mean temperature anomalies has shifted toward higher temperatures and the range of anomalies has increased. An important change is the emergence of a category of summertime extremely hot outliers, more than three standard deviations (3&#963;) warmer than the climatology of the 1951–1980 base period. This hot extreme, which covered much less than 1% of Earth’s surface during the base period, now typically covers about 10% of the land area. It follows that we can state, with a high degree of confidence, that extreme anomalies such as those in Texas and Oklahoma in 2011 and Moscow in 2010 were a consequence of global warming because their likelihood in the absence of global warming was exceedingly small. We discuss practical implications of this substantial, growing, climate change.

#31842 Aug 7, 2012
Hansen can squeak as loud as he likes, China and India are increasing their output of CO2 in order to survive, so we'll find out soon enough if the sky is falling.
The west can agree to reduce emissions, buy Chinese solar panels, Indian wind generators and screw our economies.
Let's hope our grandchildren enjoy working as cheap labour for China and India.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#31844 Aug 7, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
Hansen's latest:
“Climate dice,” describing the chance of unusually warm or cool seasons, have become more and more “loaded” in the past 30 y, coincident with rapid global warming. The distribution of seasonal mean temperature anomalies has shifted toward higher temperatures and the range of anomalies has increased. An important change is the emergence of a category of summertime extremely hot outliers, more than three standard deviations (3&#963;) warmer than the climatology of the 1951–1980 base period. This hot extreme, which covered much less than 1% of Earth’s surface during the base period, now typically covers about 10% of the land area. It follows that we can state, with a high degree of confidence, that extreme anomalies such as those in Texas and Oklahoma in 2011 and Moscow in 2010 were a consequence of global warming because their likelihood in the absence of global warming was exceedingly small. We discuss practical implications of this substantial, growing, climate change.
If he and the millions of loving parents of their dear sweet children in the global scientific community really meant and said this, we would see them marching in the streets with the dozens of climate change protesters, not sitting on their hands while their children are condemned to the greenhouse gas ovens. The exaggeration of CO2 is astounding. It clearly was not a crisis and the world has walked away from CO2 mitigation, belief and support of. Deny that.

#31845 Aug 7, 2012
“We have to get rid of the Medieval Warm Period.”

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#31846 Aug 7, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
Pitiful.
kristy

Palm Bay, FL

#31847 Aug 7, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
And in Hanson's latest you have to get rid of anything before the 1950s and the Southern Hemisphere.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
California Takes a Stand Against Gay and Trans ... 2 hr Dubya 42
2 California counties ask to form separate state 2 hr navalator 1
Michael Jackson Hit With New Abuse ClaimBy Dian... 2 hr navalator 328
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 hr Pietro Armando 54,871
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr wojar 177,384
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 hr RiccardoFire 200,586
Visalia drivers rank safest in California 11 hr Who 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

California People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••