Surviving the New Killer Bug A nasty, drug-resistant staph...

Full story: Time 59
Jewaun Smith, a 9-year-old boy from Chicago, is lucky to be alive. A scrape on his left knee that he picked up riding his bike last October turned into a runaway infection that spread in a matter of days ... Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ahmed Jamas

Pittsburgh, PA

#48 Nov 27, 2006
Hey folks! Google Stanziana; he is the biggest scammer in pennsylvania, and now he is involving his wife.
TheDudeAbides

Avon, IN

#49 Nov 27, 2006
That sucks. I got a staph infection at a hospital once.
Blaine

AOL

#50 Nov 28, 2006
Ahmed Jamas wrote:
Hey folks! Google Stanziana; he is the biggest scammer in pennsylvania, and now he is involving his wife.
What the Hell does that mean, how do you scam a bacteria that almost kills you???
Nancy Stanziana

AOL

#51 Feb 26, 2007
Don't talk the talk until you walked the walk. I am the one who got it and you are the bigest jerk. If you knew anything about it which I don;t think you do keep your oppion to your self. Maybe you or some love one gets it and then and only then you will have a whole new out look on it.
Nancy Stanziana

AOL

#52 Feb 26, 2007
This is to the jerk Ahmed Jamas who has no idea what the hell he is talking about. I hope it happens to you.
clare

Danville, OH

#53 Mar 1, 2007
Call an Injury Attorney in the yellow pages. They get payed if they win your case for pain and suffering you get compensated. You can have them pay for all medical bills past and future related to this infection.
clare

Danville, OH

#54 Mar 1, 2007
Ahmed you are a from where pakistan? Jerk!
Nancy Stanziana

AOL

#55 Mar 4, 2007
clare wrote:
Call an Injury Attorney in the yellow pages. They get payed if they win your case for pain and suffering you get compensated. You can have them pay for all medical bills past and future related to this infection.
Clare we have 10 law firms in Pittsburgh turn down our case, the 11th Law firm is in New York, I hope they can come up with something
wow

Chesapeake Beach, MD

#57 Mar 26, 2007
i feel so bad for all of the people who lived in penn. the MRS scared the crap out of everybody, including the hospital's. i was surprised at the number of lawsuits. there should've been more
sparkjr

Des Moines, IA

#58 Apr 4, 2007
Strep pyogenes("flesh eating bacteria") is easily defeated by Ecotru.Ecotru is a broad spectrum(also kills HIV)disinfectant that is safe to drink!Read about it on the net.

God bless,
Mike
sassy_sherry_tex as

Auburn Hills, MI

#59 Apr 10, 2007
On April 29, 2005 I underwent a full hysterectomy, which was performed by my treating OBGYN Dr. Charles A. Jeffery’s. The day that I was released from the hospital after my hysterectomy, the incision site of my wound was draining. The discharge nurse notified Dr. Jeffery’s of this fact prior to his releasing me via telephone without a face to face physical examination and without an antibiotic prescription.
The day after my release, I began to feel sick , was unable to eat and had a total lack of energy. The next day I went to see Dr. Jeffery’s for a follow-up appointment. At that time Dr. Jeffery’s told me that I needed to start eating or he would have to put me back into the hospital. My wound was red at this time. On the third day after my discharge, I was still unable to eat, I was weak and incoherent, My mother call Dr. Jeffery’s and he refused to speak to her and insisted on speaking with me. I spoke with him but I have no recollection of the conversation since I was incoherent at the time. On the fourth day after my discharge my family and I noticed a horrible smell and discharger coming from my wound. At that time an appointment was made for me to see Dr. Jeffrey’s. Upon examination, Dr. Jeffrey’s was able to open my incision with his hands and told me I had an infection and needed to be admitted back into the hospital. This took place around 4:00 pm on Friday, May 6 ,2005.
I was taken from Dr. Jeffery’s office directly to the hospital and immediately admitted. After admittance Dr. Jeffrey’s advised my family and I that I needed to be placed in a whirlpool. This did not occur. Several hours later, Dr. Jeffery’s again examined me and informed my family and I that I had necrotizing faciatis and that the would needed to be debreed by a surgeon. Dr. Jeffrey’s then informed us that surgery would most likely occur that evening , if not in the morning depending upon the surgeon’s schedule , and that I would immediately be placed on a very high dosage of antibiotics. My surgery took place at 11:00 am On Saturday, May, 7, 2005.
That was 18 hours after my diagnosis all the research that my family and I had done indicates that I should have been debreaded immediately.
After my first debreedment my family was informed that I was very sick and that I would have to undergo many surgeries. Dr. Jeffery’s also informed my family that he and never in his practice encountered anything this severe and he was dependent upon many other doctor to care for me. I was in a coma like state for 26 days following the initial debreedment.
I underwent a total of five debreedment,
After a few weeks in the SICU unit at the Metropolitan Methodist hospital, I was placed in a private room until I was later released, June, 24, 2005. I then sought out the care of other independent doctors, Who prescribed approximately 7 months of physical therapy. Over a year and a half later I am still not fully recovered and I endure the pain of a massive hernia ( due to having no facia lining in my stomach) and I am totally disfigured.
Prior to this incident I was a healthy 42 year old woman with an active life .
tom

Iselin, NJ

#60 May 31, 2007
I had this disease; You have to be left open because it growns under the skin thats what I was told. I beleive this disease comes from filthy conditions.
wounded mother

United States

#61 Jul 26, 2007
Sherry, I went through somewhat of the same thing, please email me if you would like to talk. wounded_mother@yahoo.com
sassy_sherry_texas wrote:
On April 29, 2005 I underwent a full hysterectomy, which was performed by my treating OBGYN Dr. Charles A. Jeffery’s. The day that I was released from the hospital after my hysterectomy, the incision site of my wound was draining. The discharge nurse notified Dr. Jeffery’s of this fact prior to his releasing me via telephone without a face to face physical examination and without an antibiotic prescription.
The day after my release, I began to feel sick , was unable to eat and had a total lack of energy. The next day I went to see Dr. Jeffery’s for a follow-up appointment. At that time Dr. Jeffery’s told me that I needed to start eating or he would have to put me back into the hospital. My wound was red at this time. On the third day after my discharge, I was still unable to eat, I was weak and incoherent, My mother call Dr. Jeffery’s and he refused to speak to her and insisted on speaking with me. I spoke with him but I have no recollection of the conversation since I was incoherent at the time. On the fourth day after my discharge my family and I noticed a horrible smell and discharger coming from my wound. At that time an appointment was made for me to see Dr. Jeffrey’s. Upon examination, Dr. Jeffrey’s was able to open my incision with his hands and told me I had an infection and needed to be admitted back into the hospital. This took place around 4:00 pm on Friday, May 6 ,2005.
I was taken from Dr. Jeffery’s office directly to the hospital and immediately admitted. After admittance Dr. Jeffrey’s advised my family and I that I needed to be placed in a whirlpool. This did not occur. Several hours later, Dr. Jeffery’s again examined me and informed my family and I that I had necrotizing faciatis and that the would needed to be debreed by a surgeon. Dr. Jeffrey’s then informed us that surgery would most likely occur that evening , if not in the morning depending upon the surgeon’s schedule , and that I would immediately be placed on a very high dosage of antibiotics. My surgery took place at 11:00 am On Saturday, May, 7, 2005.
That was 18 hours after my diagnosis all the research that my family and I had done indicates that I should have been debreaded immediately.
After my first debreedment my family was informed that I was very sick and that I would have to undergo many surgeries. Dr. Jeffery’s also informed my family that he and never in his practice encountered anything this severe and he was dependent upon many other doctor to care for me. I was in a coma like state for 26 days following the initial debreedment.
I underwent a total of five debreedment,
After a few weeks in the SICU unit at the Metropolitan Methodist hospital, I was placed in a private room until I was later released, June, 24, 2005. I then sought out the care of other independent doctors, Who prescribed approximately 7 months of physical therapy. Over a year and a half later I am still not fully recovered and I endure the pain of a massive hernia ( due to having no facia lining in my stomach) and I am totally disfigured.
Prior to this incident I was a healthy 42 year old woman with an active life .
sally

Chino Hills, CA

#62 Sep 4, 2007
My mom had the same incident--she went in for a hysterectomy and bout 5 days later she complained of nausea and sores on the skin. She had flesh eating bacteria contracted in the hospital. if she didn't get to the hospital as soon as she did she would have lost her life. They cut out pounds of tissue and flesh. She is still in the hospital with talks of having the bperbarric chamber treatment.

“For those about to Hack!”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#63 Sep 5, 2007
My son (4) had to go to a children's hospital down in Sacramento, he has MRSA, from what I can gather that they're telling us, MRSA is a bacteria that resides on the skin and is resistant to a lot of drug treatments. Once your skin gets a cut that bacteria enters it and it's a b**** to get out, my son's infection turned into a boil :( and that had to be open up and stay open for a week with a cotton gauze pad inside his thigh...(talk about icky). That entire procedure...5 frickin days in the hospital because they wouldn't release him, so they could test him for MRSA. But he's doing good now, just gotta watch any small cuts.
Karen

United States

#64 Sep 11, 2008
I had the same thing happen to me but it was for Breast reconstruction after a double mastectomy.
My Dr. didn't listen to me when I would tell him how sick I was. This put off having debreeding for over a month. I was in the hospital for quite a few weeks. When I tried the hyber baric chamber I could not stay in it for the full hour that was recomended for a full year.

I went home and with the help of my daughter staying with me for nine months and a nurse coming in three times a week. I made it.. I was on a wound vac for the full nine months and then I had a skin graft that goes from my pelvic all the way up to my sternam.

For those of you that think this is a joke better ask your self if it was you could you be strong enough to servive.
sally wrote:
My mom had the same incident--she went in for a hysterectomy and bout 5 days later she complained of nausea and sores on the skin. She had flesh eating bacteria contracted in the hospital. if she didn't get to the hospital as soon as she did she would have lost her life. They cut out pounds of tissue and flesh. She is still in the hospital with talks of having the bperbarric chamber treatment.
Aliscia

Vancouver, WA

#65 Oct 5, 2010
I have been looking all over the internet for something like this, I was in the hospitol yesterday with a rash that started out as a bunch and has been growing more and more every day by at least a half an inch.. its been 4 days now and the doctor looked at it and said shes not sure what it is and seemed freaked out. She said it could be the staph bug thats going around.. Now I have a second one a lil bit apart from that one because i had a cut there and I guess i touched the rash then touched there.. it too has gotted bigger and im in the most pain of my life. Does this sound anything like that any of you have been through? im very concerned, the pain is so bad that I keep getting dizzy. I have another appointment thursday but I dont think I can wait till then. Any suggestions? my e-mail is alisciapederson@yahoo.com
Dennis

Monterey Park, CA

#66 Nov 19, 2010
Alisicia, what did it end up being? Did you get treatment?
Sara

UK

#67 Oct 18, 2012
With this u feel like u have flu at first and I mean bad flu. I got it in April and I had it for a week thinking if I took pain killers it would go how wrong was I. A lump started ro grown and it turned black and green that's when I went to hospital I was rushed in to have surgery and was told I was very lucky to be a live. I had another 3 ops to removeit all was the worst thing I have ever had in my life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 37 min Patriot AKA Bozo 48,586
Carly Fiorina actively explores 2016 presidenti... 1 hr Obama the POS 26
Twenty years after Prop. 187, attitudes toward ... Nov 24 SplNDlzzy 3
Berkeley students protest UC tuition hike Nov 23 Ace McMillan 3
DMV to offer driver licenses for undocumented i... Nov 20 Le Jimbo 5
Tuition hikes move to final vote in California Nov 20 Ace McMillan 3
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 17 NB Simkhada 201,146

California Government People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE