GOP showing in Calif. worries party s...

GOP showing in Calif. worries party strategists

There are 32 comments on the The Republic story from Nov 10, 2012, titled GOP showing in Calif. worries party strategists. In it, The Republic reports that:

The nation's most populous state - home to 1 in 8 Americans - has entered a period of Democratic political control so far-reaching that the dwindling number of Republicans in the Legislature are in danger of becoming mere spectators at the statehouse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Republic.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ray

Newport, OR

#24 Nov 11, 2012
It should worry America since California holds way too much power with it's 55 electoral votes.

Since: Dec 07

Kemp, TX

#25 Nov 11, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Oh yeah. Look what a private company did to Louisiana, Alabama & Mississippi.
Those three states are in the top ten states of private sector job growth, a'ole! The are led by republicans.

The top private sector job growth state is also republican led. New Jersey is growing jobs since electing a republican governor.

Quit eating that spoiled poi, it's going to your brain!

Since: Dec 07

Kemp, TX

#26 Nov 11, 2012
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
No smoking in any park, except pot of course. Meatless Mondays, open border, excellent welfare programs and only a token conservative or two. That's the new progressive. The election was a mandate to Obama to continue his path. Let the old rich white guys pay for it.
No mandate.........read the news.

Path?? Shovel ready, cash for clunkers, 17 bankrupt green energy projects. We've seen the path, it's a bit washed out.

Since: Dec 07

Kemp, TX

#27 Nov 11, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Really?!?!?! They must have been calling them something else.
Not really, the dem senate knew they were viable and were afraid to lose their jobs if they passed any of them. Might make them look like they can't do anything!!

Oh wait.......they had a full dem congress and still couldn't pass a budget. My bad!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#28 Nov 11, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Those three states are in the top ten states of private sector job growth, a'ole! The are led by republicans.
The top private sector job growth state is also republican led. New Jersey is growing jobs since electing a republican governor.
Quit eating that spoiled poi, it's going to your brain!
lol! Is this before or after BP son?

Beside, you're claims, while interesting, are just that!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#29 Nov 11, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really, the dem senate knew they were viable and were afraid to lose their jobs if they passed any of them. Might make them look like they can't do anything!!
Oh wait.......they had a full dem congress and still couldn't pass a budget. My bad!!
lol! Why is it you always claim to "know" something without having to "show" anything son?

The only one who looks like an idiot is you!

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#30 Nov 11, 2012
Jeb Bush 2012 wrote:
Come on. CA did not vote to block labeling of genetically modified foods (Prop 37). Monsanto is growing pesticides in the plants that provide the fruits and vegetables we eat. These pesticides kill the bugs by disolving their stomachas/digestive tracks.
When we eat these genetically modified (aka non-organic) fruits and vegebales or cook with oils made from these GMOs and we get these pesticides in our systems. Over time these pesticides disolve our digestive systems like a bug. We get sick and die.
All of Eurpe and most of Asia require GMO labeling -in fact the majority of the world does. Only in America are we allowed to be soft killed by companies like Monsanto.
Insects are evolving, so must we. Monsanto isn't some evil company bent on destroying the human race, they are trying to do the right thing. We get a little badness along with a LOT of goodness. Sure, things could be better but portraying companies as evil isn't fair. Do you have any idea how hard it is to grow a crop that is disease and insect free, much less look good enough to sell? Just look at the vegetables in any "organic" store. The food they sell looks horrible and is VERY expensive. The organic market is the scam of the new century. They aren't even required to sell organic, just a small percentage has to be organic to carry the label.

Since: Dec 07

Kemp, TX

#31 Nov 11, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Is this before or after BP son?
Beside, you're claims, while interesting, are just that!
Yes, after BP, craphead. http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/04/21/uk-o...

Since: Dec 07

Kemp, TX

#33 Nov 11, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Why is it you always claim to "know" something without having to "show" anything son?
The only one who looks like an idiot is you!
Show anything??

Two years of a full dem congress and executive branch........no budget?? Why not.

We got nobamacaretax rammed through. Now the layoffs have started siince the re-election of the little dictator.

DUH
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#34 Nov 11, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, after BP, craphead. http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/04/21/uk-o...
lol! Well heck dummy, you're talking about breaking even... getting back to normal.

That's your idea of "job growth?" Have a private corporation screw STATES, increase unemployment while crying for federal relief from the likes of FEMA, an organization cons want to shut down?

And you call this GROWTH?!?!?!

wow.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#35 Nov 11, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Show anything??
Two years of a full dem congress and executive branch........no budget?? Why not.
We got nobamacaretax rammed through. Now the layoffs have started siince the re-election of the little dictator.
DUH
lol! Cry me a river son.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#36 Nov 11, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
No mandate.........read the news.
Path?? Shovel ready, cash for clunkers, 17 bankrupt green energy projects. We've seen the path, it's a bit washed out.
Obviously the majority of the voters think not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California may have to move 3,000 inmates at ri... (May '13) 5 hr Tanya 6
News California bill would force utilities to give r... Apr 26 Solarman 1
News Inmates earn counselor certification (Aug '09) Apr 26 Write girl 48
News That gas tax hike? Ita s not enough to fix Cali... Apr 25 Solarman 1
News John Kasich on Arnold Schwarzenegger endorsing ... Apr 25 Solarman 1
News Essential California: How a California driver's... Apr 22 07 Mustang 2
News Survey: Most Californians support school a oesa... Apr 20 Solarman 2
More from around the web