Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201871 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#39441 Jan 21, 2011
Rose T-H wrote:
<quoted text>
The proponents HAVE NOT been given Standing........the 9th Circuit kicked it back to the CSSC for guidance on the Standing question.......and it could be a couple of months or longer before we actually hear anything.
The CSSC can do one of three things, 1)Answer the question with a Yes, 2)Answer the question with a No or 3)Ignore the question.
If the CSSC answers yes, then the 9th Circuit will have to answer the Article 3 Standing question, probably granting Standing and then ruling on the merits. They will most likely uphold Judge Walker's decision at that point.
If the CSSC answers NO, then the 9th Circuit will dismiss the appeal because the proponents are in the wrong court room.
If the CSSC ignores the request........the 9th will probably also dismiss the appeal because the proponents lack standing.
Hope this helps.
Damn Rose.. did you just graduate law school? ;-)

All correct except that it would not be called ignoring the question, but refusing to opine on it and it hardly ever happens. Whether it is a court below (a state appellate court), or a court above (a Federal appellate court), state Supreme Courts don't have the discretion of refusing another court's certified question.

Regards darling!!

Since: Jan 11

Napa, CA

#39442 Jan 21, 2011
Captain Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Because he made a ruling that you do not agree with?
It's not a matter of agreeing or not. It's a matter of right and wrong, as per the Word of God.

“Down To Earth”

Since: Apr 07

Indianapolis

#39443 Jan 21, 2011
floatinglizard wrote:
dont be deceived people those who dont believe in God simply dont want to be accountable for their actions...
People who attribute everything to a mythical man in the sky are the ones who simply don't want to be accountable for their actions.
perspacious

United States

#39444 Jan 21, 2011
I understand that the judge is also a pervert, so its not surprising that he would vote this way.

In any case, folks of this persuasion are suffering from a mental illness, and, not only in California, but in other states, I believe that, as they are mentally ill, they are generally incapable of entering into a marriage contract, particularly when they engage in behavior which spreads disease and causes death.

“Down To Earth”

Indianapolis

#39445 Jan 21, 2011
Teeseeree wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a matter of agreeing or not. It's a matter of right and wrong, as per the Word of God.
Theology has no place in determining people's rights... except maybe in your church.

“Down To Earth”

Indianapolis

#39446 Jan 21, 2011
perspacious wrote:
... mentally ill...
Yes, you.

“Out and Proud”

Since: Dec 10

Concord, California

#39447 Jan 21, 2011
perspacious wrote:
I understand that the judge is also a pervert, so its not surprising that he would vote this way.
In any case, folks of this persuasion are suffering from a mental illness, and, not only in California, but in other states, I believe that, as they are mentally ill, they are generally incapable of entering into a marriage contract, particularly when they engage in behavior which spreads disease and causes death.
wth are you talking about did you hit your head or something ? because veryone spreads disease and cause death. If you dont play safe male or female you can spread diesease and cause death dummy
Rose

Los Angeles, CA

#39449 Jan 21, 2011
floatinglizard wrote:
dont be deceived people those who dont believe in God simply dont want to be accountable for their actions and deceive themselves for fools mock, and indeed it is foolish to believe in nothing...for those of you who preach there are no absoulutes nullify there own argument in that very statement...if there are no absoulutes then this statement is false, because they argue that there are absoulutly no absoulutes....folks go figure
Word games.
Your god does not exist.
Rose

Los Angeles, CA

#39450 Jan 21, 2011
perspacious wrote:
Sneezing?
All people do that, stupid.
Captain Obvious

United States

#39451 Jan 21, 2011
Teeseeree wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering that God has not spoken to me directly and told me that homosexuality is a sin I will not assume to know God's feelings on the subject and continue to love all my brothers and sisters equally and allow them to pursue their happiness as long as it does not cause harm to others. It is not my place to judge. That is for God to do.

I love living in America where I can have my religious beliefs and you can have yours and we don't have to worry about a law being based on either one.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#39452 Jan 21, 2011
Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Word games.
Your god does not exist.
Bigot

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#39453 Jan 21, 2011
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn Rose.. did you just graduate law school? ;-)
All correct except that it would not be called ignoring the question, but refusing to opine on it and it hardly ever happens. Whether it is a court below (a state appellate court), or a court above (a Federal appellate court), state Supreme Courts don't have the discretion of refusing another court's certified question.
Regards darling!!
Naw, just listening to those who have:D

Thanks for the compliment though:)

Same to you:D
polygamist

Grass Valley, CA

#39455 Jan 21, 2011
Lalala wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no proof, birth certificates do not tell who is born Gay and who is not.
Oh yeah beleive the peer reviews of someone desperate to be excepted when they define themselves as homosexual and realize the abomination they are.
Sexual orientation is a choice.
Actually, God doesn't condemn gay men so much as God condemns women who don't like men!

Who chooses not to like women?

After all, SHE'S the one who demands alimony, child support, and probate!

Then the lady whines about not getting paid the same to do man's work, despite her lack of physical attributes to complete task.

WHEN HAS a female invented ANYTHING in history, other than lies?

The airplane perhaps? No.

Maybe the cotton gin. Not that either.

The car, the iPhone? Nope.

You can count the guy came up with sliced bread, too!

So really, who chooses not to like women?

Location hidden

#39456 Jan 21, 2011
polygamist wrote:
<quoted text>
WHEN HAS a female invented ANYTHING in history, other than lies?
You're an idiot!!!
Alphabet blocks Adeline D. T. Whitney 1882
Apgar tests, which evaluate a baby’s health upon birth Virginia Apgar 1952
Chocolate-chip cookies Ruth Wakefield 1930
Circular saw Tabitha Babbitt 1812
Dishwasher Josephine Cochran 1872
Disposable diaper Marion Donovan 1950
Electric hot water heater Ida Forbes 1917
Elevated railway Mary Walton 1881
Engine muffler El Dorado Jones 1917
Fire escape Anna Connelly 1887
Globes Ellen Fitz 1875
Ironing board Sarah Boone 1892
Kevlar, a steel-like fiber used in radial tires, crash helmets, and bulletproof vests Stephanie Kwolek 1966
Life raft Maria Beaseley 1882
Liquid Paper®, a quick-drying liquid used to correct mistakes printed on paper Bessie Nesmith 1951
Locomotive chimney Mary Walton 1879
Medical syringe Letitia Geer 1899
Paper-bag-making machine Margaret Knight 1871
Rolling pin Catherine Deiner 1891
Rotary engine Margaret Knight 1904
Scotchgard™ fabric protector Patsy O. Sherman 1956
Snugli® baby carrier Ann Moore 1965
Street-cleaning machine Florence Parpart 1900
Submarine lamp and telescope Sarah Mather 1845
Windshield wiper Mary Anderson 1903
peeplo.com/Woman+Inventers
Virginia Apgar
Apgar invented a newborn scoring system or "Apgar Score" for assessing the health of newborn infants.
Barbara Askins
Developed a totally new way of processing film.
Patricia Bath
The first African American woman doctor to receive a patent for a medical invention.
Miriam E. Benjamin
Ms. Benjamin was the second black woman inventor to receive a patent. She received a patent for an invention she called a "Gong and Signal Chair for Hotels".
Patricia Billings
Patricia Billings invented a indestructible and fireproof building material called Geobond®.
Katherine Blodgett
Invented the non-reflecting glass.
Bessie Blount
Blount invented a device to help disabled people eat with less difficulty.
Sarah Boone
An improvement to the ironing board was invented by African American Sarah Boone on April 26, 1892.
Rachel Fuller Brown
Rachel Brown co-invented Nystatin, the world's first useful antifungal antibiotic.
Josephine Garis Cochran
In 1886, Josephine Cochran invented the first practical dishwasher.
Martha J. Coston
Martha Coston invented a pyrotechnic signaling system known as maritime signal flares.
Dianne Croteau
Invented Actar 911, the CPR mannequin.
Marie Curie
Marie Curie also known as Madame Curie discovered radium and furthered x-ray technology.
Marion Donovan
The convenient disposable diaper was invented by New Yorker Marion Donovan in 1950.
Gertrude Belle Elion
Elion invented the leukemia-fighting drug 6-mercaptopurine, drugs that facilitated kidney transplants and other drugs for the treatment of cancer and leukemia.
Edith Flanigen
Flanigen was the inventor of a petroleum refining method and is considered one of the most inventive chemists of all time.
Helen Free
Free was the inventor of the home diabetes test.
polygamist

San Jose, CA

#39457 Jan 21, 2011
Sgt Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's your problem polygamist, polygamy is illegal.
Actually that's where you're wrong: it's illegal to deny us the right to polygamy.
Sgt Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>So since you want to marry more than one woman, you have to do what the GLBT community did; first you need to get SCOTUS to agree that polygamy is a private matter and is therefore not illegal.
Think so? Or maybe pass legislation that gives us greater cost of living adjustment because you know, we eat more.
Sgt Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>Once you have accomplished that, take your multiple partners to the county clerk and apply for a marriage license(s). You will be denied.
Naturally. People get denied service all the time with the County clerk because well, she's freeload- state- agency- union- lobby ambition- liberal trash.

You're lucky to get a receipt from the little freeloader for all the fines, penalties and fees the extort from everybody.
Sgt Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>Then, you can sue the state for your rights.
We're thinking of becoming a new State Republic of Southern California and let Sacramento eat itself.

What do you think of that?

Maybe put up an obelisk in Pasadena.
Sgt Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>(p.s. if you want to marry your dog, car, a child, your sister, etc. follow the same steps)
Fight for your freedom.
If I wanted to marry a stupid tramp, I can just go to the pet store. But it's not so impossible to find women to function their brains at human capacity.

But then, I should be able to adopt "sons" under 40.. poor geezers these days been so badly abused by women in their youth - feeling compelled (or coerced) to get married early .. guys evidently fudd out all the time !
polygamist

San Jose, CA

#39458 Jan 21, 2011
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot!!!
Globes Ellen Fitz 1875
Kevlar, a steel-like fiber used in radial tires, crash helmets, and bulletproof vests Stephanie Kwolek 1966
Liquid Paper®, a quick-drying liquid used to correct mistakes printed on paper Bessie Nesmith 1951
Virginia Apgar
Apgar invented a newborn scoring system or "Apgar Score" for assessing the health of newborn infants.
Barbara Askins
Patricia Bath
The first African American woman doctor to receive a patent for a medical invention.
Miriam E. Benjamin
Ms. Benjamin was the second black woman inventor to receive a patent. She received a patent for an invention she called a "Gong and Signal Chair for Hotels".
Patricia Billings
Patricia Billings invented a indestructible and fireproof building material called Geobond®.
Katherine Blodgett
Bessie Blount
Sarah Boone
An improvement to the ironing board was invented by African American Sarah Boone on April 26, 1892.
Rachel Fuller Brown
Rachel Brown co-invented Nystatin, the world's first useful antifungal antibiotic.
Josephine Garis Cochran
Martha J. Coston
Martha Coston invented a pyrotechnic signaling system known as maritime signal flares.
Dianne Croteau
Marie Curie
Marie Curie also known as Madame Curie discovered radium and furthered x-ray technology.
Marion Donovan
The convenient disposable diaper was invented by New Yorker Marion Donovan in 1950.
Gertrude Belle Elion
Elion invented the leukemia-fighting drug 6-mercaptopurine, drugs that facilitated kidney transplants and other drugs for the treatment of cancer and leukemia.
Edith Flanigen
Flanigen was the inventor of a petroleum refining method and is considered one of the most inventive chemists of all time.
Helen Free
Thanks for the effort.

"Science" is not innovation. Writing a storybook, coming up with a recipe in the kitchen, applying METHOD is not ingenuity. It's process.

Edison, Ford, etc applied INNOVATION.

I appreciate you substantiating my point, however. Aren't you adorable! Look at what she can do! Awww.

Now why don't we run the track now and see who gets to the finish line first.

Can you do the math?

polygamist

Hilmar, CA

#39459 Jan 21, 2011
Jonah wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, then you need to contact your state representatives and tell them that you want to overturn the bigomy laws in your state.
<quoted text>
Right. Like Segregation, which was unconstitutional.
Jonah wrote:
No, because for gays the agenda is equality in marriage already profided to straight people. You wish to enter into multiple marriages. It's a completely different issue.
<quoted text>
Not at all. Straight or gay, marriage is marriage isn't that so, son?

I have one ceremony with two, maybe three different women at the same time. I might even be the one in white and they, wear black. It's up to them.

Incidentally, if I want to ADOPT a son under 40 (our age of consent for men) I should be able to do that also.
Jonah wrote:
When you contact your state representative, have him explain the harm the state has determined when they enacted their bigomy laws.
<quoted text>
Good luck finding anyone who knows anything at their offices! Most of those interns don't have any clue about the law, or have legal degrees, and the representative is out to lunch, always (and I mean, literally, eating more than their fair share - if you get me).

By the way, I'm not talking bigomy , but POLYGAMY.. so which state enacted their polygamy laws? Saudi Arabia? Utah?

Bigomy sometimes suggests neither women know about the other.
Jonah wrote:
The state's agenda. They typically refer to it as an "interest" though, not an agenda.
<quoted text>
Right. It was Caesar in Rome that instituted monogamy. And he didn't even LIKE women!
Jonah wrote:
They can't. The state has determined marriage to be between two people. It's in their interest for the division of assets and the interest of children.

Kids do really well with more than one mother, women who get along in harmony with the stability of one dad.

The state can't balance the budget, much less determine what's best for my religion, my institution, my family.
Jonah wrote:
This man would need to have two separate weddings. Unfortunately the state won't let him or anyone else do this.
Are you kidding? People marry multiple times already!

It's just that the District Attorney can't sustain if everyone gets along!

So they'd have me diss one woman for another.
Jonah wrote:
He needs to contact his state representative if he wishes to persue marrying a female with two kids and the other female.
<quoted text>
Or do whatever George Washington did.. who was gay.
Jonah wrote:
You will need to contact the state representative, or find a Topix string dealing with polygomy and bigomy. That's not what this string is about.
Good luck.
Where's the tolerance? The compassion?

You seem to be a bit of a bigot to think my right to polygamy isn't a marriage issue. And I'm talking consenting, human adults here!

I'm sure there must be human intellectual capacity in this forum somewhere..

Location hidden

#39460 Jan 21, 2011
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot!!!
Globes Ellen Fitz 1875
Virginia Apgar
Barbara Askins
Patricia Bath
Miriam E. Benjamin
Patricia Billings
Katherine Blodgett
Bessie Blount
Sarah Boone
Rachel Fuller Brown
Josephine Garis Cochran
Martha J. Coston
Dianne Croteau
Marie Curie
Marion Donovan
Gertrude Belle Elion
Edith Flanigen
Helen Free
Now that's funny... Look at all the angry people in this forum. Look at how badly my post which defended women was judged..

You have shown your true colors-- bigots!!

And you wonder why people have little tolerance for your nonsense.
polygamist

Hilmar, CA

#39461 Jan 21, 2011
Sodom an Gamorrah wrote:
Its a personal choice I guess,leaves more women for me,but its 'unnatural',meaning= against the 'laws of nature'!A dog can breed with a horse and produce offspring,a pig with a cow,an eagle with a blue jay, oh I guess you see where this is going,if it doesnt have 'the potential' for creating offspring,procreate,its obviously 'against' the Laws of nature,and natures God' My political beliefs would support the gays having the right' my spritual wouldn't !
The pillar of society, the salt of the earth - is found in the monogamy of Lot's Wife.
polygamist

Hilmar, CA

#39462 Jan 21, 2011
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's funny... Look at all the angry people in this forum. Look at how badly my post which defended women was judged..
You have shown your true colors-- bigots!!
And you wonder why people have little tolerance for your nonsense.
No, we're not bigots hon .. you're a freeloader! A woman trying to be something she's not. A man. You're never gonna be a guy either if you weren't born a male, sweets. And you have the complete gall and audacity to tell guys how WE can live our lives, you little twit?

Stay home. Do the laundry or something, make yourself useful. Be a team player rather than interfere with other people's lives and personal sanctity and happiness. You're obviously bored and proned to WITCH HUNTS.

And maybe avoid children. We have to shelter ours from influences like yours imposed under the modern school system until they're ready and prepared to combat the predators of the world, like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California becomes 'sanctuary state' as governo... 14 hr Raydot 4
News California suspends 3 medical providers for fraud Wed marg 1
News The Latest: California governor to visit fire z... Oct 16 RustyS 4
News California declares emergency to fight hepatiti... Oct 13 Conservative boot 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Oct 12 Armson 64,003
News The Latest: Thousands flee Southern California ... Oct 11 lock her up ump 2
News All-renewable power is a reachable goal for Cal... Oct 10 Solarman 1
More from around the web