Gun Control Groups Fear Setback from ...

Gun Control Groups Fear Setback from Yee Indictment

There are 185 comments on the Breitbart.com story from Mar 29, 2014, titled Gun Control Groups Fear Setback from Yee Indictment. In it, Breitbart.com reports that:

Gun control groups working to push further gun control in California worry that state senator Leland Yee's indictment on arms trafficking "may slow the legislature's consideration of gun restrictions this year."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Breitbart.com.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Since: Jan 09

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Mar 29, 2014
They need not fear. In fact, the gun control groups can shorten their search by trolling gang hangouts and prisons in order to find suitable candidates for their cause. It would certainly eliminate the embarrassment of finding out after-the-fact their next chosen savior was a closeted crook. Better to start with a proven crook.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2 Mar 30, 2014
Zzznorch wrote:
In fact, the gun control groups can shorten their search by trolling gang hangouts and prisons in order to find suitable candidates for their cause.
They only need to go to a gun show where felons can find a wide selection of guns and people like you willing to sell.

Since: Feb 13

Amarillo, TX

#3 Mar 30, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
They only need to go to a gun show where felons can find a wide selection of guns and people like you willing to sell.
I just have to inquire as to your logic here. Why would a felon pay to go into a gun show to buy a firearm illegally, assuming he could, when they can do it on any street corner in Locationhidden, USA?
Get Out

Jacksonville, NC

#4 Mar 30, 2014
Supply and demand, Anti-Gun Yee sponsors a weapons ban and would later get a huge return on the black market for them.

Location hidden

#5 Mar 30, 2014
Shelly Bl wrote:
<quoted text>I just have to inquire as to your logic here. Why would a felon pay to go into a gun show to buy a firearm illegally, assuming he could, when they can do it on any street corner in Locationhidden, USA?
Why does anyone go to a gun show, Shug?

Putting aside that felons can and do regularly go to gun shows knowing they alone have to find people with your kind of morals that allow you to sell guns to complete strangers.

Location hidden

#6 Mar 30, 2014
Shelly Bl wrote:
when they can do it on any street corner in Locationhidden, USA?
There are no gun sellers on any street corner around here, pumpkin.

And there are thousands of street corners.

Amarillo, TX

#7 Mar 30, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does anyone go to a gun show, Shug?
Putting aside that felons can and do regularly go to gun shows knowing they alone have to find people with your kind of morals that allow you to sell guns to complete strangers.
Because you can look at things in one place that would normally require going to 50 different stores to see. Doesn't that reduce fossil fuel dependency? And, more importantly, because they can.

Do show your reference that shows to the amount of people who purchase firearms, or even attend gun shows. Or is this just another "BF says it so it is factual" post that you are a legend in your own mind over?

What makes you think you know whether I would or wouldn't sell a firearm to a complete stranger. Just another surfacing of your mythomania.

Amarillo, TX

#8 Mar 30, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no gun sellers on any street corner around here, pumpkin.
And there are thousands of street corners.
Yeah, right. If you believe that guns aren't sold illegally where you live I have some ocean front property to sell you in the beautiful community of Ajo, AZ.

You want us to believe you live on 17 Mile Drive don't you?

Location hidden

#9 Mar 30, 2014
Shelly Bl wrote:
<quoted text>Because you can look at things in one place that would normally require going to 50 different stores to see..
So you asked a rather stupid question, eh, Chubby?

Felons go to gun shows for the same reason as everyone else.

Location hidden

#10 Mar 30, 2014
Shelly Bl wrote:
Do show your reference that shows to the amount of people who purchase firearms, or even attend gun shows..
Prove that there is no Santa Claus, Chubby.

Location hidden

#11 Mar 30, 2014
Shelly Bl wrote:
What makes you think you know whether I would
Do you support universal background checks or do you insist you have a right to sell firearms to strangers?

Location hidden

#12 Mar 30, 2014
Shelly Bl wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, right. If you believe that guns aren't sold illegally
Gosh, Chubby: don't make me responsible for your stupid inferences.

The question here is: why do you believe that guns aren't sold to felons at gun shows when you just told us gun shows have a wide selection of firearms available to anyone that walks through the doors?

Amarillo, TX

#13 Mar 30, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you support universal background checks or do you insist you have a right to sell firearms to strangers?
Once they fix the background checks I will support them. I would support them being required when selling them to an unknown individual but ONLY after the system is fixed.

Why require something that doesn't work.

Amarillo, TX

#14 Mar 30, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, Chubby: don't make me responsible for your stupid inferences.
The question here is: why do you believe that guns aren't sold to felons at gun shows when you just told us gun shows have a wide selection of firearms available to anyone that walks through the doors?
Why do you not believe illegal guns are sold in your neighborhood?

Are you one of those foolish people that believe NICS are done for gun show sales?

Amarillo, TX

#15 Mar 30, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that there is no Santa Claus, Chubby.
I see, you can't show data to back up your flappy jaw AGAIN, or is it STILL?

Location hidden

#16 Mar 30, 2014
Shelly Bl wrote:
<quoted text>Once they fix the background checks.
Fix?

Background checks have stopped over two million sales to people who thought they were legal.

So until then you are going to insist you get to sell deadly weapons to complete strangers with no background check at all- except to make sure their VISA card is good, of course.

Location hidden

#17 Mar 30, 2014
Shelly Bl wrote:
Why require something that doesn't work.
Try buying a gun with a felon conviction from a FFL dealer, Chubby.

Location hidden

#18 Mar 30, 2014
Shelly Bl wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you not believe illegal guns are sold in your neighborhood?
Why do you insist on making things up?

Location hidden

#19 Mar 30, 2014
Shelly Bl wrote:
<quoted text>I see, you can't show data to back up your flappy jaw AGAIN, or is it STILL?
I see, you can't show data to back up your flappy jaw AGAIN, or is it STILL?

Where oh where is your proof that Santa Claus does not exist?

Funny how you can insist the hundreds of thousands of people who swarm to gun shows go there because of a wide choice of firearms but then insist that felons are going to go to the corning and pick a firearm out of a trunk of a car.

Amarillo, TX

#20 Mar 30, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fix?
Background checks have stopped over two million sales to people who thought they were legal.
So until then you are going to insist you get to sell deadly weapons to complete strangers with no background check at all- except to make sure their VISA card is good, of course.
Yes FIX them. They let a mental case in MO buy a firearm after all official checks were completed. So they are broken.

Using the liberal mantra "if it saves just one" FIX it.

I have insisted no such thing. You keep insisting people insist that haven't insisted.
Like you'd ever do it, show where I insisted I get to sell firearms to complete strangers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California lawmakers to tackle housing crisis, ... 1 hr SNAFU 5
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr 2all 63,944
News California Democrats take aim at Trump, GOP Con... Aug 15 Your Service Prov... 107
News Essential Politics: Deep divisions on display a... Aug 14 Phyllis Schlafly ... 1
News After dividing California Democrats in 2014, af... Aug 13 Christians In Nam... 1
News California official sues EPA over records on ad... Aug 12 Solarman 1
News California is cracking and ita s not because of... Aug 11 Solarman 3
More from around the web