Undocumented Immigrants Can Obtain Driver's License in California

Sep 2, 2012 Full story: Hispanically Speaking

According to MSNBC , the bill specifies those immigrants who arrived in the U.S. before they turned 16 and have not been convicted of a felony.

Read more
Magadala

Vashon, WA

#1 Sep 2, 2012
Ever notice how "Hispanically Speaking" NEVER has a comment section...I wonder why?!!! LOL

Jerry Brown still hasn't signed this! Of course, I don't have my hopes that he won't sign it. I heard talk that this CA bill was for mere show. It seems that they can get CA DL with ssn card...

Whole issue moot if this is true! Also, if this is true, watch Brown refuse to sign it to placate the tax payers to look strong...in the meantime, illegal aliens will get their DL regardless.

The only stopper to all of this is economics. I heard that CA requires insurance before DL...I hope so!
Juan

Pearland, TX

#2 Sep 2, 2012
There is no reason what so ever as to why we should not be able to drive and have a license. We have to get to work and provide for our families both here and in Mexico.

Americans can drive in Mexico can't they ?
What's the difference ?
El Cid

Austin, TX

#3 Sep 3, 2012
Juan wrote:
There is no reason what so ever as to why we should not be able to drive and have a license. We have to get to work and provide for our families both here and in Mexico.
Americans can drive in Mexico can't they ?
What's the difference ?
Americans driving in Mexico have to show Mexican authorities they have a valid license from somewhere in America and also proof of insurance.
Unlike Americans legally visiting Mexico illegal aliens in America are criminals who have no right to a license, or anything other than arrest and deportation.

“ONE NATION ONE FLAG :)”

Since: Aug 11

Pro-illegals are pro-crime!!

#4 Sep 3, 2012
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans driving in Mexico have to show Mexican authorities they have a valid license from somewhere in America and also proof of insurance.
Unlike Americans legally visiting Mexico illegal aliens in America are criminals who have no right to a license, or anything other than arrest and deportation.
The difference between an American entering LEGALLY in to another country is that they have a VALID ID (DOCUMENTS) to be in that particular country..Illegal aliens in USA do not have a valid documentation to show feds...
Juan

Pearland, TX

#6 Sep 4, 2012
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans driving in Mexico have to show Mexican authorities they have a valid license from somewhere in America and also proof of insurance.
Unlike Americans legally visiting Mexico illegal aliens in America are criminals who have no right to a license, or anything other than arrest and deportation.
That is not true..........no need to show license or insurance.
All one has to do is pay the entry fee.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How To Remove Florida Arrest.org And a Dui Mug ... (Jun '11) 45 min the shield 138
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr California green 52,281
News Jerry Brown is mad Ted Cruz is running for pres... 1 hr Responsibility 5
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 11 hr Nine Ball 201,794
News California attorney general moves to end anti-g... Fri Sneaky Pete 26
News A 'Privileged Cracker' Visits the California DMV Mar 22 tomin cali 1
News NASA scientist says one year left of California... Mar 17 Fred 1
More from around the web