Chuck Hagel is hot - John McCain is not

Full story: Newsday 35
It's official: Chuck Hagel is the new John McCain, getting the glowing treatment from glam publications such as GQ. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ELAINE LEIRER

Tampa, FL

#1 Jan 30, 2007
HAVING WORKED MY GLUTIUS MAXIMUS OFF FOR JOHN MCCAIN'S ELECTORS IN LONG ISLAND SIX YEARS AGO, I AM SADDENED BY THE NECESSITY OF THE MCCAIN METAMORPHOSIS INTO A BUSHIE FOR THE SAKE OF A NOMINATION. I AM STILL CONVINCED THAT HAD HE BEEN PRESIDENT SOME 3000 FAMILIES IN THIS COUNTRY WOULD NOT HAVE HAD THEIR LIVES IMPACTED BY THE IRAQ DEBACLE.
History Buff

Grand Rapids, MI

#2 Jan 30, 2007
Heard from a "long time republican", and local politician: Hegel? Who's is that? Used to know a good man by that name, but he changed.
Steve

Montgomery, AL

#3 Jan 30, 2007
I agree that McCain has shot himself in the foot, legs, and groin with his move to be Bush's best buddy. He can never regain my vote. Yet, I'm not sure the senator from Nebraska can make it all the way either. His independence is very admiral to me, but he is wrong wrong wrong on the immigration debate. I think Republicans will learn to take Tom Tancredo more seriously; he is truly conservative, and won't take any bull from illegal aliens or their supporters.
Michael Russell

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#4 Jan 30, 2007
That is a silly premise--the flighty media is sooo fickle. Couldn't it have something to do with McCain uttering hypocritical statements that contradict himself? Or querilously asking his handlers whether he had "fixed" statements that seemed to grant recognition to homosexual rights? Or the fact that 8 years later, he is the oldest guy to mount a serious run? Older even than Ronald Reagan was? Nah, it must be the media.
Charles Mayer

Leonia, NJ

#5 Jan 30, 2007
Chuck Hagel is hot with who?

The press and democrats only respect Republican who either agree with them or disagree with Bush or conservative values.

Bottom line is Hagel is weak, cannot be trusted and is not a Republican.

I know of no other Republicans who support him or would vote for him...
bruce dzamba

Plainfield, NJ

#6 Jan 30, 2007
Steve wrote:
I agree that McCain has shot himself in the foot, legs, and groin with his move to be Bush's best buddy. He can never regain my vote. Yet, I'm not sure the senator from Nebraska can make it all the way either. His independence is very admiral to me, but he is wrong wrong wrong on the immigration debate. I think Republicans will learn to take Tom Tancredo more seriously; he is truly conservative, and won't take any bull from illegal aliens or their supporters.
Tom Tancredo has my vote! I already sent him a few bucks to get started, you folks should too!

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#8 Jan 30, 2007
Hagel is a Democrat wearing republican fur.
MC Noble

Chicago, IL

#9 Jan 30, 2007
Hagel is no longer a noun, or a name. It's a verb meaning to gutlessly play to the camera. This non-binding resolution coupled with full-throated support for a new commanding general is all about cover and hedging a bet against an unpopular president. It's too easy, too transparent and even for a politician a bit too shameless. Maybe Nebraskans will elect a new senator and Hagel can come to mean sell shoes.
David Yuhas

Boulder, CO

#10 Jan 30, 2007
Nice job, James,

I personally think that a Hagel-Snowe ticket
in 08 would be unbeatable. The key to taking the prize is not spending any money, but simply staying in Washington & putting out a "Hagel & Snowe with Chuck & Olympia" show on the internet modeled after "Weekend Update with Seth & Amy"

The only thing the coming Billion Dollar Demoltion Derby is going to do is alienate the voters.

O8 is a lot like 68 in many respects. Consider the Texan President over his head in an unpopopular war. An elegant unassuming midwesterner, unimpressed by the Texan is an overnight sensation. This prompts toothy, boyish, millionaire hawk, with a pronounced regional accent to turn dove & declare as well. Waiting in the wings, another Midwesterner who typically goes by three names...a veteran second fiddle who knows the White House from the inside...& with an impeccably liberal background, but trying to have it both ways comes on with a mind-bendingly nuanced position on the war. The result, against all odds, was a Republican victory.

BTW..."Hagel" in German, means "Hail" & together with "Snowe" is a real hoot.
David Yuhas

Boulder, CO

#11 Jan 30, 2007
Nice job, James,
in 08 would be unbeatable. The key to taking the prize is not spending any money, but simply staying in Washington & putting out a "Hagel & Snowe with Chuck & Olympia" show on the internet modeled after "Weekend Update with Seth & Amy"
The only thing the coming Billion Dollar Demoltion Derby is going to do is alienate the voters.
O8 is a lot like 68 in many respects. Consider the Texan President over his head in an unpopopular war. An elegant unassuming midwesterner, unimpressed by the Texan is an overnight sensation. This prompts toothy, boyish, millionaire hawk, with a pronounced regional accent to turn dove & declare as well. Waiting in the wings, another Midwesterner who typically goes by three names...a veteran second fiddle who knows the White House from the inside...& with an impeccably liberal background, but trying to have it both ways comes on with a mind-bendingly nuanced position on the war. The result, against all odds, was a Republican victory.
David Yuhas

Boulder, CO

#12 Jan 30, 2007
Nice job, James,

Since: Dec 06

San Antonio, TX

#13 Jan 30, 2007
These are illegals also.
Can a good Muslim be a good American?
I sent that question to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for
20 years.
The following is his reply:
Theologically - no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the
moon god of Arabia.
Religiously - no. Because no other religion is accepted by his
Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)
Scripturally - no. Because his allegiance is to the five
pillars of Islam and the Quran (Koran).
Geographically - no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he turns in prayer five times a day.
Socially - no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to
make friends with Christians or Jews. Politically - no. Because he must submit to the mullah
(spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and Destruction of
America, the great Satan.
Domestically - no. Because he is instructed to marry four women
and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).
Intellectually - no. Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.
Philosophically - no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do
not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic Spiritually - no. Because when we declare "one nation under God," the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to
as heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The Quran's 99 excellent names. Therefore after much study and deliberation....perhaps we
should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They obviously
cannot be both "good" Muslims and good Americans.
Call it what you wish....it's still the truth.
Patty Ryan

Valdez, AK

#14 Jan 30, 2007
We need a CHUCK HAGEL in the White House
majffc114

AOL

#15 Jan 30, 2007
For shame Chuck, can you imagine how u are making the troops over there in Iraqu. Its like a stab in the back. Now i know the greatest American veterans were the WWII vets.
Dont you realize if we give the terrorist a date when we pull out,they will just wait for people like you and Jane Fonda have ur way GOD help us in the future.
David S

United States

#16 Jan 30, 2007
All I can say I yuck!

Hagel is, and always has been, a blowhard know-nothing.

That is his appeal to the media.
DeDe

Cameron, MO

#18 Jan 31, 2007
As a Republican, I believe it takes NO courage for Hagel, Brownback, and other Republicans to disagree with the President about the situation in Iraq since most Americans do not seem to understand how important it is to prevail in our efforts in Irag to make it a better place for Iraqies to live. By extention, that makes Americans safer. In today's climate, it takes courage to work with the President to achieve that goal and to help educate the public about what is at stake if we fail. I would never vote for any Republican who doesn't understand that!!! So, hot? Hagel isn't hot--he and others who side with him, are political animals only whose rhetoric is "dangerously irresponsible!!"
Rich Hudson

Modesto, CA

#19 Jan 31, 2007
Here we go again -- the alleged "liberal bias" in the media. Let me ask you this: Where was this so-called liberal bias in, say, early 2003, when every single media outlet in this nation was repeating Bush's lies word for word about why we needed to invade Iraq? The media didn't turn against Bush until they were sufficiently reassured that the American public was fed up with his lies, thievery, and incompetence.

Fast forward to the present day: America's press is, unbelievably, saying a few negative things about Republican crooks (excuse the redundancy), and *you* don't like it. Well, don't worry, Mr. Pinkerton -- no one reads the newspapers, anyway. The idiot masses are all watching G.O.P. TV, otherwise known as Fox News -- and if Fox ever voices a negative opinion about the Republican Party,*that* will be newsworthy.

“paleo-conservati ve”

Since: Jan 07

St Louis, MO

#20 Jan 31, 2007
Rich Hudson wrote:
Here we go again -- the alleged "liberal bias" in the media. Let me ask you this: Where was this so-called liberal bias in, say, early 2003, when every single media outlet in this nation was repeating Bush's lies word for word about why we needed to invade Iraq? The media didn't turn against Bush until they were sufficiently reassured that the American public was fed up with his lies, thievery, and incompetence.
Fast forward to the present day: America's press is, unbelievably, saying a few negative things about Republican crooks (excuse the redundancy), and *you* don't like it. Well, don't worry, Mr. Pinkerton -- no one reads the newspapers, anyway. The idiot masses are all watching G.O.P. TV, otherwise known as Fox News -- and if Fox ever voices a negative opinion about the Republican Party,*that* will be newsworthy.
The major news outlets in the US supported Bush's war I believe was because those outlets are mouthpieces for the globalists, who wanted Iraqs' resources, and the Zionists, who wanted Iraq a shambles so they'd no longer pose a threat, and the Mosul-Haifa pipeline.
AZBill

Phoenix, AZ

#21 Jan 31, 2007
"Once upon a time - say, five years ago - the liberal media were infatuated with McCain" Now that is a funny statement since there is NO liberal media in America.(if there is, they are barred from discussing anything negative regarding the Bush administration) I do agree that John McCain is no longer the MSM's darling.

I still think the correct ticket for the Republic party in 08 is McCain/Bob Dole. They have over 150 years experience in ruining America. We are NEVER voting for a Republic candidate again. The 109th Most Corrupt Republic Congress along with the Bush crime family have forced us to see the Republic party is the party of corruption and no morals. Not to mention the horrors of a oil war started by Bush for only oil and money.
I Have His Wallet

Columbus, OH

#22 Jan 31, 2007
Hagel is a weenie and has zero chance at the White House! He is no Republican and certainly no conservative. Chuck - do us all a favor and switch sides like Jeffords. We know why you won't, because like Mike Bloomberg you are avoiding the crowded and confusing mess of candidates on the left - not that your voting record would look any different than theirs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arizona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Migrants dropped off at bus stations in Arizona Mon Lamer 21
Arizona immigrants ready for Obama announcement Sun IDTA_1 4
Hispanics fear profiling under new Arizona law (Apr '10) Sun positronium 193,366
Arizona political leaders' response to Obama's ... Nov 23 Asian Guy 5
California tuition hike fight shifts to Sacramento Nov 23 Ace McMillan 4
Mothers of disabled children sue state over bud... (Apr '09) Nov 23 moms dance taxi 325
Arizona will continue to deny licenses to immig... Nov 23 Ace Millner 5

Arizona People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE