Hispanics fear profiling under new Arizona law

Apr 24, 2010 | Posted by: RadicalTim | Full story: www.sunnewspapers.net

Arodi Berrelleza isn't one of the targets of Arizona's new law cracking down on illegal immigration a ' he's a U.S. citizen, a high school student from Phoenix.

[A.P.] Phoenix April 24th 2010 sun news paper.net A legal 18 year old is in fear when he's with his friends.. Reported in the article His fear is racial profiling. Advocates plan on fighting the alleged anti civil rights abuse...
Comments
192,761 - 192,780 of 193,356 Comments Last updated Saturday Jul 12
Dallas

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

orkin33 wrote:
DALLAS YEAH I DON'T GAF EITHER -REMEMBER THAT WHEN THE MEXICANS KICK YOU OUT AND YOUR CRIPPLED HOMELESS CULOS COME RUNNING TO HIDE OUT AND IMPOSE YOUR BRAINWASHED FAILED PREPROGRAMMED ILLUSIONS THE MEXICANS HAVE BEEN RUNNING UP IN YOU WITH FOR THE PAST 30 YEARS!-THEN I WON'T "FEEL LIKE" GAF EITHER! HEHEHEHEHEEHEEE WHEN JUST LIKE THE MEXICANS YOU WANNA RUN UP HERE AND "PLAY PRETEND" HUMAN ONCE YOU BENT OVER FOR JUAN AND ALL HIS FRIENDS TO RUN A TRAIN ON YOU! DIOS MIO TU GUSTA MUCHO EH? YOU LEFT YOUR "RIGHTS AND CITIZENSHIP IN MEXICO BOUGHT AND SOLD!
Didnt even bother to read your stupid response. You remind me of the teacher on Peanuts. Pwmah, pwmah...pwmah.

You
mexican man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

waterdog wrote:
Are you not asked everytime your stop by police License , Insurance and registration so bwhats the beef !
Have you been stop by the police with out a reason? Or just because of what you look like?
mexican man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since you asked, my point is I kicked you azz with facts from my bank of personal knowledge and experience that obviously you don't have. Unless you know what you are talking about, DON'T!
Personal knowledge??? Wth!! You can't even writte right!
mexican man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

orkin33 wrote:
DALLAS-LOOKS LIKE MEXICO JUST MESSED WITH TEXAS AND REFRIED YOUR BRAINS! AND IF YOU DON'T GET WITH THEIR EXPANSION AGENDA VIA BRAINWASHING YOU WILL GET KICKED OUT OF YOUR STATE AS WELL!
YALL SOME SIMPLE BURROS DOWN THERE!
Down there and up here.... mexican taking over like you make it look like its just what you guys call karma...texas used to belong to Mexico,have you read history books?? Do you know how the "united states" did manage to get to own texas,california,etc,etc?? I bet you dont.

“United We Stand”

Since: Dec 11

Divided We Fall

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since you asked, my point is I kicked you azz with facts from my bank of personal knowledge and experience that obviously you don't have. Unless you know what you are talking about, DON'T!
mexican man wrote:
<quoted text>
Personal knowledge??? Wth!! You can't even writte right!
Daaa....huuum!Get your eyes checked dumbazz.

“Steaming hunk”

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

mexican man wrote:
<quoted text>
Down there and up here.... mexican taking over like you make it look like its just what you guys call karma...texas used to belong to Mexico,have you read history books?? Do you know how the "united states" did manage to get to own texas,california,etc,etc?? I bet you dont.
I know you don't know the history of Texas, how they rebelled and won thier independence as an independent nation.
Mr R

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

mexican man wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been stop by the police with out a reason? Or just because of what you look like?
Yeah all the time, & it don't bother me know why??
Because I am a LEGAL CITIZEN!!!
Dallas

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Mr R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah all the time, & it don't bother me know why??
Because I am a LEGAL CITIZEN!!!
Stfu..no you havent been stopped just because you look hispanic! Go #uck yourself, moron!
Dallas

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you don't know the history of Texas, how they rebelled and won thier independence as an independent nation.
Um...Texas used to be Mexico.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

DALLAS-AH YOU REMIND ME OF A CAT ON WEED! HEHEHEHEEHEHEHEH
SUPERWILLY -YEAH THAT ALAMO WAS NOTHING SPECIAL REALLY IT JUST HAPPENED TO BE THE TRASHED OUT ARMS STORAGE THAT SANTA ANA DECIDED TO FIGHT ON!
WHY DO YOU THINK MEXICANS PAID TO PROCREATE SANCTUARY CITY WAS SAN ANTONIO? SAME POINT !
OH YEAH DALLAS -TEJAS JUST LIKE THE REST OF PRE AMERICA WAS ALL BANKRKUPT SLAVE STATES BECAUSE OF THEIR OWN GREED AND NEED FOR EXPANSION AND THAT IS WHY JUST LIKE THEY ARE "TAKING" AMERICA NOW THEY "TOOK " MEXICO AND NOW THEY DON'T WANNA LIVE THEIR EITHER? WHAT DO YOU THINK THEYRE GONNA DO TO TEXAS?

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Dallas wrote:
<quoted text>Um...Texas used to be Mexico.
Yes, "used to be" but they LOST IT in 1836. Get over it cry baby.

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Granted?
Would you like to try to pass the requirements to enter the united states through ellis island at the turn of the century circa 1900?
Ellis Island;
"As the first federal immigration station, the immigrants who entered the country at Ellis Island had to meet a set of requirements or else they faced deportation.
Identification
Even before the 1920s, when the United States determined which immigrants could legally enter and live in this country by implementing a quota system, there was a preferential treatment given to more affluent immigrants. While passengers whose ticket was for "steerage" or third-class travel had to face a series of entrance requirements that lasted between two and five hours, no such admission tests were given to first- or second-class passengers. Unless these passengers showed evidence of a contagious disease, they were given quick entry to New York City.
Significance
Two agencies conducted the inspections and set the requirements for immigrants at Ellis Island. The United States Public Health Service conducted a medical inspection. Then, the Bureau of Immigration made a legal inspection. Together, the two inspections could take up to five hours. Then the immigrant would either be admitted to New York City, interned as an "alien radical" or deported.
Function
Immigrants had to pass the medical inspection before being admitted to the country. It started with a trip up three flights of stairs. This would reveal whether the immigrant suffered from any physical disability, lameness, shortness of breath or obvious heart condition. It was followed by what became known as the "six-second physical." Not only did the doctor-inspections want to prevent people who had infectious diseases from entering the country, they also looked for evidence of chronic illness, mental illness and trachoma.
Considerations
Immigrants at Ellis Island also had to pass a legal inspection, which was done by means of a series of 29 questions. Because many of the immigrants did not speak English, the questions were translated into 39 languages. The immigrants were required to answer questions about their name, gender, marital status, occupation, literacy, race and health. They were asked if they had ever been to prison, were polygamists or had ever participated in anarchist activity.
effects
Immigrants who entered the United States at Ellis Island were not permitted to remain in the country if they had a contagious disease such as smallpox, yellow fever or the measles. If they were deemed likely to end up needing to receive welfare or otherwise seemed unable to provide for themselves, they would be refused admission. Finally, if they were assessed as likely to become an illegal contract laborer, they would be refused entry. People who seemed to be "alien radicals" were interned."
http://www.essortment.com/requirements-immigr...
Still think it was easy?
It was easy for my father who came through Ellis Island. He said it took a long time but wasn't a problem at all.

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>It was easy for my father who came through Ellis Island. He said it took a long time but wasn't a problem at all.
It was easy fo rmy wife who legally immigrated in this century too and didn't take very long either.

I don't understand why illegals wouldn't do thing the right way. I can only assume they can't pass the back ground checks for ciminal, character and or health.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

SUPER2WILLY-YEAH I HAVE BEEN ENLIGHTENING PEOPLE ABOUT ELLIS ISLAND ETC. FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS ON THIS THING-THERES JUST TOO MANY BRAINWASHED PEOPLES -AND THE IGNORANT OUTNUMBER THE AWARE-THUSLY WHY AMERICANS HAVE INVESTED 4 MORE YEARS OF WISHING HOPING AND PRAYING AS WELL AS FAILURE -BUT YOMAMA TELLS SOME NICE BEDTIME STORIES TO THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANNA HEAR!
THERE WERE NO IMMIGRANTS WHO CAME TO AMERICA ILLEGAL MUCH LESS FOR FREE AND AS FAR AS OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM GOES THERES NOTHIGN WRONG WITH IT DESPITE MEXICOS CORRUPT POLITICIANS TRYING TO SCAPEGOAT AMERICA THROUGH MISINFORMATION AND MISDIRECTION CAUSING GUILLABLE AMERICANS TO DIVIDE AND CONQUER FROM WITHIN!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

SUPERWILY-AND THOSE OF ELLIS ISLAND AFTER GBEING POKED PRODDED AND QUESTIONED RESPECTED AND APPRECIATED WHAT THEY HAD BECAUSE THEY HAD TO EARN IT -SOMETHING THAT IS GIVEN AWAY LIKE HALLOWEEN CANDY SUCH AS AMERICAN FREEDOM WITH ALL THE BENNIES BASED ON RACE IS NOT WORTH OF RESPECT NOR WILL ITS PEOPLE BE LOOKED AT LIKE THAT THEY WILL DESPISED,LOOKED AT WITH CONTEMPT AND TAKEN FOR ALL THEY CAN -JUST LOOK AT MEXICO!
THE CONCEPT OF "EARNING" THESE DAYS HAS BEEN "POLITICALLY CORRECT" MODIFIED TO "ENTITLED"
P.S TO GET ON THOSE PACKED STEAMBOATS TO COME TO AMERICA COST PEOPLE $12 A POP WHICH IN THOSE DAYS WAS A LOT!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

SUPERWILY-THE PROBLEM WAS CARTER PASSING THE "REFUGEE ACT OF 1980" WHICH LOOSENED UP THE QUOTA NUMBERS TO COME TO AMERICA HOW MANY AND IN WHAT TIME PERIOD ETC. AND MEXICOS CORRUPT HACKING AWAY AT OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM WITH THEIR "IMMIGRATION REFORM " WRENCH AS WELL AS"RACIAL PROFILING" B.S. TRYING TO ABOLISH AMERICAS IMMIGRATION SYSTEM SO THEY CAN BUM RUSH IT
THERE IS NOTHIGN WRONG WITH OUR IMMIGRAITON SYSTEM PEOPLE COME HERE EVERY DAY AND THERES NEVER ANY WHINING ABOUT PROFILING OR REFORM IS THERE?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

SUPERWILLY-SIMPLY PUT MEXICOS CORRUPT POLITICIANS ARE SCAPEGOATING AMERICANS TO DIVIDE AND CONQUER FROM WHITHIN FOR ALL THEIR PROBLEMS -AND WHY NOT THEY HAVE NOTHING THUSLY NOTHIGN TO LOSE AND EVERYHTING TO GAIN!AND SINCE THE PERCENTAGE OF AMERICANS DON'T KNOW ANY DIFFREENT AND THE MISINFORMATION MEDIA TELLS US THAT MEXICO IS JUST SOME POOR HARD WORKING HONEST PEOPELS WHO JUST WANNA CHANCE FOR SOMETHING BETTER B.S.\
IF THEY TOLD YOU THE TRUTH ABOUT MEXICO AMERICA WOULD BE IN A STATE OF PANIC!
ABN Ortiz

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

OBAMA!!!!!! Ha.ha,ha!!!!!!!!
Q The Eye

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Impeach !!

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
It was easy fo rmy wife who legally immigrated in this century too and didn't take very long either.
I don't understand why illegals wouldn't do thing the right way. I can only assume they can't pass the back ground checks for ciminal, character and or health.
Depending on the Country someone is from can make a big difference. It isn't about ones character or health it's all the red tape. My father came here without a passport or visa to come. He was checked at Ellis Island without limitation on the number that could come. Things have changed a lot and even more so after 9/11.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••