Arizona Loses, America Wins

Arizona Loses, America Wins

There are 22 comments on the Tuscon Citizen story from Jun 29, 2012, titled Arizona Loses, America Wins. In it, Tuscon Citizen reports that:

The State of Arizona and the states of Alabama, South Carolina, Utah, Indiana and Georgia have been squashed by the United States Supreme Court in the case of the State of Arizona against anyone-looking Mexican.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tuscon Citizen.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
4 More Months

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Jul 1, 2012
Tucson? Is everyone there against the U.S.A. and the rule of law?
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#2 Jul 1, 2012
It is truly a sad day when the Supreme Court ignores the Constitution of the United States in favor of pandering to a small group of racists.
Free is free

United States

#3 Jul 2, 2012
Raoul Lowery Contreras (1941) was born in Mexico, raised in the USA.
Anyone wanna bet Mr. Contreras was a beneficiary of Ted Kennedy's "Last ever" amnesty?
Junior

United States

#4 Jul 2, 2012
Ted Kennedy was never instrumental in passing "amnesty" laws. He supported them but never introduced nor proposed them.

The last "amnesty" act was signed into law by Ronald Reagan, a Republican. This, coupled, with massive tax breaks for the wealthy (also signed into law) was the prime catalyst for today's illegal immigration problems.
racer42

United States

#5 Jul 2, 2012
Junior wrote:
Ted Kennedy was never instrumental in passing "amnesty" laws. He supported them but never introduced nor proposed them.
The last "amnesty" act was signed into law by Ronald Reagan, a Republican. This, coupled, with massive tax breaks for the wealthy (also signed into law) was the prime catalyst for today's illegal immigration problems.
Try brushing up on your history. Reagan signed the law on Kennedy's assurances that the border would be sealed and there would never be the need for another amnesty, EVER! We all know how much Kennedy's words meant, don't we. Reagan said later that he regretted signing that law.

“"One for the claws"”

Since: Jul 10

Sin City,U.S.A.

#6 Jul 2, 2012
racer42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Try brushing up on your history. Reagan signed the law on Kennedy's assurances that the border would be sealed and there would never be the need for another amnesty, EVER! We all know how much Kennedy's words meant, don't we. Reagan said later that he regretted signing that law.
He is probably a result of our new educational system. They don't actually study history in history class like they use to. They study music evolution. How hip-hop came to be. Ask a new graduate from high school who George Washington was. Many wont have a clue.
2012 Romney

De Soto, KS

#7 Jul 3, 2012
The Sin City Cat wrote:
<quoted text>He is probably a result of our new educational system. They don't actually study history in history class like they use to. They study music evolution. How hip-hop came to be. Ask a new graduate from high school who George Washington was. Many wont have a clue.
I agree!
Free is free

United States

#8 Jul 3, 2012
racer42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Try brushing up on your history. Reagan signed the law on Kennedy's assurances that the border would be sealed and there would never be the need for another amnesty, EVER! We all know how much Kennedy's words meant, don't we. Reagan said later that he regretted signing that law.
Kennedy also assured us that the number of individuals amnestied was far lower than it ended up being. About 3X the stated number ended up being amnestied, IIRC.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#9 Jul 3, 2012
How is America winning when millions of 3rd worlders can flood ILLEGALLY into the country like locusts from biblical times. Mr. Contreras ..typical of standing for a race regardless of the devastation to a country. WHAT HAPPENED TO MIAMI!!!
However, the biggest devastation that has happened to American is CONGRESS! GOD HELP US ALL NOW!

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#10 Jul 3, 2012
4 More Months wrote:
Tucson? Is everyone there against the U.S.A. and the rule of law?
You mean the law that says ALL IMMIGRANTS MUST OBEY IMMIGRATION LAWS? I don't think "everyone there" is against that law. Only the hispanics.
Funny

Dallas, TX

#13 Jul 3, 2012
Richard Guerra wrote:
All the USA has to do now is nuke Arizona and the USA will once again prosper.
Be better off to nuke California!

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#14 Jul 3, 2012
Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
If you hate the USA so much then leave.
Nah, I'm legal.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#15 Jul 3, 2012
Richard Guerra wrote:
All the USA has to do now is nuke Arizona and the USA will once again prosper.
I wouldn't want any country nuked, however, Mexico is the boil on the U.S.'s ass! As for Arizona, beautiful country and beautiful people. At least most people, if you know who I mean.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#16 Jul 3, 2012
The title should be "America loses, Mexico wins".

The good news is that when an illegal alien is caught breaking the law in Arizona they will be identified as an illegal alien. The sad part is that as long as the criminals that exploit illegal aliens and all workers are paying the politicians the federal government will not deport them until they rape, assault or murder somebody, are arrested, recaptured after skipping bail, and convicted. Naturally if that does happen they can always claim that they were brought here as a child and now they want to attend collage and stay anyway.
Junior

United States

#17 Jul 17, 2012
racer42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan signed the law
Enuff said. It's irrelevant who egged on Ronald Reagen to sign the amnesty law. He was president and the buck stops with him. If he was so regretful, he had options to undo the law. He didn't.
Pando

Bullhead City, AZ

#18 Jul 17, 2012
racer42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Try brushing up on your history. Reagan signed the law on Kennedy's assurances that the border would be sealed and there would never be the need for another amnesty, EVER! We all know how much Kennedy's words meant, don't we. Reagan said later that he regretted signing that law.
Your own history is a bit rusty.

In November 1986 when Reagan signed the Immigration Reform and Control Act, it was he who insisted on a provision for legalizing immigrants already in the U.S.-- that is, he supported "amnesty." He stated that amnesty was "practical, political and moral". Reagan stated he would not sign any immigration reform that did not include amnesty for those immigrants who had put down roots in this country even if they entered illegally.

Furthermore Reagan never said he regretted signing the amnesty bill. What he said (years after his presidency ended) was signing the bill was "probably the biggest mistake" of his presidency.

The bill Reagan signed was the first amnesty not the only one.
Congress has passed and the sitting president has signed 7 amnesties for illegal aliens, starting in 1986.

1. Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA), 1986: A blanket amnesty for what was supposed to be some 2.7 million illegal aliens
2. Section 245(i) Amnesty, 1994: A temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens
3. Section 245(i) Extension Amnesty, 1997: An extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994
4. Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty, 1997: An amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America
5. Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA), 1998: An amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti
6. Late Amnesty, 2000: An amnesty for some illegal aliens who claim they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty, an estimated 400,000 illegal aliens
7. LIFE Act Amnesty, 2000: A reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty, an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#19 Jul 18, 2012
Republicans and Democrats are both responsible for allowing immigration laws to be ignored and encouraging illegal immigration by handing out amnesty in one form or another to almost every criminal that is here illegally. Most illegal aliens when they are caught are given amnesty. Typically they do not pay fines or do jail time. SOP is to only deport them which is amnesty.
Junior

Redmond, WA

#20 Jul 18, 2012
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
Republicans and Democrats are both responsible for allowing immigration laws to be ignored and encouraging illegal immigration by handing out amnesty in one form or another to almost every criminal that is here illegally. Most illegal aliens when they are caught are given amnesty. Typically they do not pay fines or do jail time. SOP is to only deport them which is amnesty.
If illegal aliens are allowed to walk so freely among us, then why are all the right wing nut jobs always pointing out that there are thousands upon thousands of illegal aliens locked up in our prisons?
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#21 Jul 18, 2012
Junior wrote:
<quoted text>
If illegal aliens are allowed to walk so freely among us, then why are all the right wing nut jobs always pointing out that there are thousands upon thousands of illegal aliens locked up in our prisons?
Illegal aliens are criminals. Most lived a life of crime in their home countries and sooner or later most are arrested for non-immigration crimes here. If it weren't for the fact that they usually jump bail and go home or steal a new I.D. there would be many more in jail. The fact is illegal aliens even when they are caught at the border are rarely punished for being here illegally even when they are found guilty of other crimes.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#22 Jul 18, 2012
Junior wrote:
<quoted text>
If illegal aliens are allowed to walk so freely among us, then why are all the right wing nut jobs always pointing out that there are thousands upon thousands of illegal aliens locked up in our prisons?
WTH??
They are in our prisons AND out on the streets. Duh.........the ones in prison are the illegals CAUGHT in crimes. We feed them in prison and feed illegals not in prison.
WE MUST END THIS EXPENSIVE INVASION!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arizona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Watch Out San Francisco. Here Comes Arizona. Fri Solarman 1
News The Ongoing GOP War on the 17th Amendment Fri Solarman 1
News ASU Prof: Clean-Energy Goals Are 'Folly and Fut... Feb 15 Solarman 1
Illegal day workers are demanding $10.00 to $15... (Jul '06) Feb 14 Paul P Tretiakoff 56
News Hispanics fear profiling under new Arizona law (Apr '10) Feb 11 positronium 193,109
Doug Ducey could lose to Terry Goddard in 2018 Feb 10 The team of Donal... 3
News Illegal immigrant who was a convicted child sex... Feb 8 a poster 7
More from around the web