Beatles Said a Fast Hello, Goodbye bu...

Beatles Said a Fast Hello, Goodbye but a Tiny Town Won't Let It Be

There are 51 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Sep 19, 2011, titled Beatles Said a Fast Hello, Goodbye but a Tiny Town Won't Let It Be. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

WALNUT RIDGE, Ark. - It was more than a day in the life for folks in this sleepy southern farm town.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Thanks For Nothing

Mountain Home, AR

#1 Sep 19, 2011
Thanks so much for pissin on our town with your big city talk!

Oh, and nobody here reads the stupidazz Wall Street Journal
WAA WAA caughr lying

Mountain Home, AR

#2 Sep 19, 2011
Thanks For Nothing wrote:
Thanks so much for pissin on our town with your big city talk!
Oh, and nobody here reads the stupidazz Wall Street Journal
No Moron everybody reads the Wall Street Journal and it isn't big city talk it was the truth!
Most people here thought that it was a foolish idea and most agree that it was ,now that it is over and done.
The only Stupidazz were those that tried to make something out of nothing and got called fools for wasting their time.
Sunday was a disaster and Mother Nature did her part to make it even worse.
Pick your self up off the floor and get on with your life, the thing wasn't even close to being a success and NO .. Virginia there won't be any tourist buses coming to the Walnut ridge for the beatles statue or the guitar walk or Abbey road.
The Town better put big signs up by the bypass to advertise this wonderful Monument to something that didn't happen there.
Jeff

United States

#3 Sep 19, 2011
Thanks For Nothing wrote:
Oh, and nobody here reads the stupidazz Wall Street Journal
I think that's pretty obvious.
ray

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Sep 19, 2011
Who the hell is this frickin inbred from horseshoe bend! Bring it on down brother and get your hillbilly ass kicked!
Bubba

Renton, WA

#5 Sep 19, 2011
ray wrote:
Who the hell is this frickin inbred from horseshoe bend! Bring it on down brother and get your hillbilly ass kicked!
I'd like to see some hillbilly ass kicking.Can't knock out too many teeth because those hillbillies don't have many left.
Just Saying

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Sep 19, 2011
Honestly I think Sunday was a waste of time and they made a big deal out of nothing, but that's just my opinion.
get Ray and Bubba

Mountain Home, AR

#7 Sep 20, 2011
ray wrote:
Who the hell is this frickin inbred from horseshoe bend! Bring it on down brother and get your hillbilly ass kicked!
Hello Ray you are the dumb ass along with that Homo Bubba that need to get together and kick each other .
Since you are talking about teeth maybe you two can account for no more than 10.
You are why no one is going to come to Walnut ridge , it's mindless Morons like you that give the town a bad image .
Bubba

Woodinville, WA

#8 Sep 20, 2011
get Ray and Bubba wrote:
<quoted text> Hello Ray you are the dumb ass along with that Homo Bubba that need to get together and kick each other .
Since you are talking about teeth maybe you two can account for no more than 10.
You are why no one is going to come to Walnut ridge , it's mindless Morons like you that give the town a bad image .
Ok dumbass hillbilly I wouldn't come to Walnut Ridge anyway.Too many better places to spend my time and besides I might run into a crossdressed fiheyed fool hillbilly and it would be you there homo hillbilly sap sucking moron.Now go slop the hogs and feed them chickens.
DoWhat

Trumann, AR

#9 Sep 20, 2011
WAA WAA caughr lying wrote:
<quoted text>
No Moron everybody reads the Wall Street Journal and it isn't big city talk it was the truth!
Most people here thought that it was a foolish idea and most agree that it was ,now that it is over and done.
The only Stupidazz were those that tried to make something out of nothing and got called fools for wasting their time.
Sunday was a disaster and Mother Nature did her part to make it even worse.
Pick your self up off the floor and get on with your life, the thing wasn't even close to being a success and NO .. Virginia there won't be any tourist buses coming to the Walnut ridge for the beatles statue or the guitar walk or Abbey road.
The Town better put big signs up by the bypass to advertise this wonderful Monument to something that didn't happen there.
I wouldn't exactly call 4000 people attending a "disaster" in a town the size of Walnut Ridge.I had a good time,and,it was free,so,who exactly did it hurt???
Hummmm

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Sep 21, 2011
It's over and done with, now let's see how many people come. The way I look at it is if there was 4,000 people who did that help? We have no place for them to stay here, not any places to eat really. So I guess we may have helped Jonesboro, Pochantas, Paragould. I am just saying I don't see how this helps Walnut Ridge.
DoWhat

Trumann, AR

#11 Sep 21, 2011
well,we had a good time and it was a fun thing to do on a Sunday afternoon considering it was FREE.All it cost us was the gas to drive up there and back and while there,we went to your nice grocery store,Hays.I have seen the Liverpool Legends before when they came to Harrisburg and it cost to see them,then.They are the top act in Branson.I'd say that getting to hear them for nothing was worth it,plus,I thought the other groups were good,too,especially the guy singing Elvis songs.For those of us from that generation and era of music,it was worth the trip and rain.Nobody forced anyone to come to this event.
Dam,there are some people who would complain if they were hung with a NEW ROPE.
guest

United States

#12 Sep 21, 2011
I attended the event, ate lunch at a local restaurant and enjoyed the free event. Looking forward to next years event.
Ray gets butt kicked

Ash Flat, AR

#13 Sep 22, 2011
ray wrote:
Who the hell is this frickin inbred from horseshoe bend! Bring it on down brother and get your hillbilly ass kicked!
Well We know that you are a hilly billy in Jonesboro that gets his azz kicked everyday by those blacks that moved up from New Orleans.
At least here in Walnut Ridge we haven't got to deal with the blacks.
not a beatle fan

United States

#14 Sep 22, 2011
Even though I didn't attend the event, I personally see nothing wrong with a community getting together...for what ever reason. We have all attended the Portia Picnic, The Iron Mountain Festival and whats the big deal with commemorating an event which did
happen? The answer is nothing at all is wrong with the idea.

Yes, we're a small community which thrives on what might seem small, silly and maybe insignificant to some. To these naysayers, I simply say this is
how small towns are. I personally wouldn't want it any other way.
Embarrassed

United States

#15 Sep 23, 2011
I'm not gonna say that the event was a waste of time and energy for WR, but whose idiotic idea was it to call the Wall Street Journal? They probably contacted other reporting agencies that had the common sense that this was a small town nothing event.
Poppa Jivebones

Woodinville, WA

#16 Sep 24, 2011
It was cool for Walnut Ridge to honor a memory of the famous Beatles.It helped their town and many enjoyed themselves for free at the event so it is all good.People who say it is stupid don't appreciate the legend of the Fab four and to erect a statue marks it a great tribute. Hats off to the folks that made their idea and dream come true in Walnut Ridge.
Dumber

Bexar, AR

#17 Sep 24, 2011
Embarrassed wrote:
I'm not gonna say that the event was a waste of time and energy for WR, but whose idiotic idea was it to call the Wall Street Journal? They probably contacted other reporting agencies that had the common sense that this was a small town nothing event.
You can Thank the Chamber of Commerce for calling in the Yankee Reporter who did not have anything to but smartazz comments.

The Chamber waisted a ton of time promoting this as "the event" of the year, when they need to be trying to get some business and jobs into the area!
Inept Southerners

Gregory, AR

#18 Sep 25, 2011
Dumber wrote:
<quoted text>You can Thank the Chamber of Commerce for calling in the Yankee Reporter who did not have anything to but smartazz comments.
The Chamber waisted a ton of time promoting this as "the event" of the year, when they need to be trying to get some business and jobs into the area!
Or do you mean "Smart" comments.
You southerners bitch and moan about the north when the south fired the 1st shot and then lost.Get over it. I know , I know it's a damn shame the north has given you things like education, Civil rights (which also has helped the Women's rights, the handicapped etc.)Your all thin skinned and the butt of jokes because it's true.“Your poor, uneducated and easy to command.”)
Herman

Woodinville, WA

#19 Sep 26, 2011
Why are people still pissin and moaning about this event it's over and done 4000 people had some fun.They got to hear Liverpool Legends play for free and they all bought food drinks so that had to bring some money into Walnut Ridge.Now the people are proud to have a statue in their town Just like Seattle is proud to have a Jimi Hendrix statue.Get over it already.
Difference

Gregory, AR

#20 Sep 29, 2011
Herman wrote:
Why are people still pissin and moaning about this event it's over and done 4000 people had some fun.They got to hear Liverpool Legends play for free and they all bought food drinks so that had to bring some money into Walnut Ridge.Now the people are proud to have a statue in their town Just like Seattle is proud to have a Jimi Hendrix statue.Get over it already.
Jimi Hendrix was born and raised in Seattle.Difference

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arkansas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 9 hr thetruth 20,582
News Arkansas man sues police officer for excessive ... Jul 22 Shat 1
News GOP leaders approve convention rules, block ins... Jul 18 Jeff Brightone 1
What Happened to Morgan Nick of Alma, Arkansas? (Jun '07) Jul 16 Anont 53
Found a wanted criminal, Justin Jeremiah Medders (Jan '10) Jul 12 Jeremiah Justin m... 10
News In Arkansan's bribe case, U.S. says it probed t... Jul 6 Justice 1
monica rogers and jeremiah /missimg kid Jun 29 dad2016 1
More from around the web