Ark. Man Appeals Ruling Barring Partner From Home

Nov 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

A judge violated an Arkansas man's constitutional rights by barring his gay partner from staying overnight when his son visits, imposing a blanket restriction on unmarried couples living together, attorneys told the state's highest court Thursday.

Comments
61 - 65 of 65 Comments Last updated Nov 12, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#66 Nov 11, 2013
Cecil wrote:
Keep queers AWAY fro kids!!!
Keep lying little cowards away from Topix!!!

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#67 Nov 11, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it does, since more heterosexual men seem to harm their girlfriend's children. The news is always full of such things. Rapes, murders, baby-shakings.
It's quite gruesome. But should we blame all straight men for that? Of course not.
Oh, you're so correct. Anytime I hear about some horrible child abuse or murder case, and it happens like once a week, I already know it's going to be done by the stepparent either male or female. Usually, it's the stepdad, or step live in boy friend. Often the "mother" is complicent and allows it due to wanting to keep her new man.

On the other hand, gays move heaven and earth to get their kids and take it far more seriously than some of these whacky moms.

The killing of another man's child brings to mind the behavior of lions or some other wild beasts. I can forgive the lion, for he is only doing what animals do. A human who does it, enjoy prison, Cletus.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#69 Nov 12, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just in denial because you don't like the law here in Arkansas. Again, the issue isn't whether a parent has the right to engage in promiscuous behavior. The issue is whether it is in the best interests of the child to be present during that time. Arkansas Courts have long held that it is not. Read the damn Court decision I cited earlier. Until you do that, just STFU.
Again, there is a very simple solution. Have the lover spend the night somewhere else when the child is visiting. That's normally only every other weekend.
If the parent can't put their child's visitation first, they don't deserve visitation.
<quoted text>
Boo hoo hoo. All you are doing is whining like a little titty baby because you don't like the law in Arkansas. Too damn bad. Don't get married. If you're married, don't have children. If you have children, don't get a divorce. If you get a divorce, then abide by Arkansas law. You have choices.
No, the one crying like a little titty baby would be yourself. The Constitution overrides every state law, when the State and Federal laws clash the Feds win EVERY TIME. That's why same-sex couples married and living in Arkansas can file Married on their Federal Tax forms. DADT is gone, the law denying Same Sex Marriages is effectively undone. This case could very well be the one in which the Bigots like yourself get slapped down hard. Arkansas has no legitimate right to deny this gentleman's partner his HOME, because someone is trying to double down on their bigot bucks.
heartandmind

Europe

#70 Nov 12, 2013
divorce decrees in my home county typically have that verbiage written into them.

however, it is up to the parents involved to bring it to the attention of the courts.

if nothing's said, then the courts won't do anything about said "promiscuity" - straight or gay. typically, though, here, if it's involving a gay or lesbian parent....it's brought to the court's attention. straights don't seem to care about if their ex is sleeping with someone else.

well, unless they're being vindictive. then all bets are off and no one wins. especially not the kids.

here in texas, it does get difficult - and the laws are similar to arkansas. since the state doesn't recognize any form of a same sex relationship in legal terms, the couple's have a hard time defending themselves in court. i think it's pretty crappy to pull that nonsense just because you're pissed at your ex or are biased against homosexuality - i would understand if the boyfriend or girlfriend was into drugs or pedophelia (remember, there's a big difference between homosexuality and pedophelia - even the laws recognize this) or some sort of self destructive behaivior. but if it's just a couple living a regular life of going to work, paying bills, etc - then there's no harm.

...and before you idiotic rednecks get all wound up about it - yes, gays do have quiet, boring normal lives of taking care of jobs, homes, kids, spouses - all the same things you could do if you were capable of doing so. my spouse & i've been together now almost 25 yrs, have 3 kids (one will graduate college next spring and a second about to graduate high school), run a small business, own two homes and all the other day to day life that everyone else has. we just can't get legally married here in texas and protect all our assets from the tax-man like you can.
Straight Sh00ter

Topeka, KS

#71 Nov 12, 2013
Does Jade make as much as a rentboi as he does picking up beer cans along the side of the highway? I'll PM Poof and ask.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arkansas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 38 min Ragan 29,674
Arkansas Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Sun guest 3,839
Dozens of Arrests in Central Arkansas Drug Sweep Aug 29 Circling eagle 6
Dr. Robin Bowen named Arkansas Tech president Aug 28 Josh 13
Arkansas Prison Inmate Found Dead in Suicide Aug 28 A-NEWMOON-RISING 1
Arkansas grandparents gain stronger visitation ... (Mar '10) Aug 27 Ark_Nonna 21
GOP chairman says Arkansas key in US Senate fight Aug 19 Le Jimbo 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Arkansas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••