Big River Steel Bills Ready for Next ...

Big River Steel Bills Ready for Next Step in Legislature

There are 107 comments on the ArkansasBusiness.com story from Mar 12, 2013, titled Big River Steel Bills Ready for Next Step in Legislature. In it, ArkansasBusiness.com reports that:

Arkansas legislators by Monday had filed at least 10 bills dealing with state incentives for the $1.1 billion Big River Steel manufacturing plant proposed for a site near Osceola .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ArkansasBusiness.com.

Steel Worker

United States

#41 Aug 1, 2013
Know wrote:
It sure ain't happening in October or November mayber the first of next year
U sure? They have to start by Dec 31st

Manila, AR

#42 Aug 2, 2013
I sure hope Osceola hasn't been dubbed again, like other times. We need that steel plant.
Temp

United States

#43 Aug 2, 2013
I hope they do get screwed these lazy folks around here on welfare and selling drugs ain't going to hold down a real job. This is all a scam for the rich people to make some fast money off our working people tax dollars then haul butt

Trumann, AR

#45 Sep 4, 2013
Is the new steel mill still coming to the area and if so, when is it suppose to be in operation?
Lmao

Tyler, TX

#46 Sep 4, 2013
No
Nucor

United States

#47 Sep 5, 2013
It isn't coming. There isn't enough steel business to support the exact same mill that we are. John C. just trying to get us back because we fired him. Now he is just trying to scam the taxpayers of Mississippi county to build a mill then shut it down and get his money. I'm glad all the other places he tried to build mills declined him those was very smart people and decisions!
tom slick

West Memphis, AR

#48 Sep 6, 2013
scha-nuck steel will be working for john c. for sure.
f- them japs, we don't need Nucor anymore.
guest!

United States

#49 Sep 8, 2013
tom slick wrote:
scha-nuck steel will be working for john c. for sure.
f- them japs, we don't need Nucor anymore.
You wish but your bosses don't..I'm talking about your main bosses dear; the ones raft are watching the profits
stirringthestick

Forrest City, AR

#50 Sep 8, 2013
No not ready to start the Judge hasn't got his supply house ready to get his kickbacks in business there.

Blytheville, AR

#51 Sep 8, 2013
stirringthestick wrote:
No not ready to start the Judge hasn't got his supply house ready to get his kickbacks in business there.
It wouldn't surprise me to see county road employees and equipment trying to build the NEW STEAL MILL!
Wondering

Orange, TX

#52 Sep 16, 2013
Are they bringing in any equipment yet to start on the steel mill
Brs

United States

#53 Sep 20, 2013
I see that they got the air permit. So what about the Koch brothers investing I wonder if that will happen with them just putting 7.2 billion into Molex
Something to thing about

Dallas, TX

#54 Oct 3, 2013
http://www.eurekaspringsindependent.com/singl...

John c. Already been fired from steel company's and Mississippi didn't want this one cause they don't trust his start up mill. Why is Arkansas providing him millions of our tax money to improve something we already have instead gambling it with something that isn't a guaranteed return of our money.
Wasting Money

Little Rock, AR

#55 Oct 3, 2013
This project will never happen.

Lake City, AR

#56 Oct 3, 2013
Work for Zachary wrote:
<quoted text> Nope we will be there to start on building in Oct. and bringing 2500 workers
You don't know how to spell Zachry and work for them.....
Stupid

United States

#57 Oct 13, 2013
Why would he rather hire people with no steel experience. Yea this is set up for failure. http://www.couriernews.net/story/2013362.html

Jonesboro, AR

#58 Oct 13, 2013
Like Volmer Windmills did.

West Memphis, AR

#59 Oct 14, 2013
guest wrote:
Like Volmer Windmills did.
stole $9,500,000.00 state & local money.
Bros

Orange, TX

#60 Oct 14, 2013
Why isn't the Koch brothers investing in it anymore
Why

United States

#61 Oct 27, 2013
Steel Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
U sure? They have to start by Dec 31st
why does it have to start by dec. 31st

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arkansas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr --Bad Dad-- 42,076
Medical neglect/lack of treatment in Arkansas J... (Feb '17) Feb 16 Joyce 6
Walmart ohio Feb 16 Joyce 2
News Huckabee: 'Real Story' is Govt Interfered in It... Jan 27 mh tbn show link 2
News PHOTOS: Curious group of explorers armed with c... Jan 22 keep out 1
News Judge orders ex-lawmaker/city attorney to reimb... Dec '17 Ben 1
Wells and Septic Dec '17 Anonymous 1
More from around the web