Big River Steel Bills Ready for Next Step in Legislature

Mar 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ArkansasBusiness.com

Arkansas legislators by Monday had filed at least 10 bills dealing with state incentives for the $1.1 billion Big River Steel manufacturing plant proposed for a site near Osceola .

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of107
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Umm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

This guy is going to take y'all's money and run with it just like he did all the other do called plants he tried to start
spank you

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

These are blank shell bills. Didn't your mother tell you not to sign a blank page. Things will be put on it you will not like later.Grow some balls .
Umm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

spank you wrote:
These are blank shell bills. Didn't your mother tell you not to sign a blank page. Things will be put on it you will not like later.Grow some balls .
Sounds like a conspiracy to me don't it to you just a way to make the rich get richer and us middle class tax payers that pays for this bs suffer from it while they benefit from it
little rock

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Think I hear the brakes being locked up.
Old man Bville

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Umm wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a conspiracy to me don't it to you just a way to make the rich get richer and us middle class tax payers that pays for this bs suffer from it while they benefit from it
What?? The tax payers suffer while they benefit from it? Try punctuation next time.
steel worker

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

little rock wrote:
Think I hear the brakes being locked up.
It will pass and start being built as planned

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

steel worker wrote:
<quoted text>
It will pass and start being built as planned
YOU are right start.
Umm

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Old man Bville wrote:
<quoted text>What?? The tax payers suffer while they benefit from it? Try punctuation next time.
F**k you
bout time

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Chitwood Nucor putting you in your place. Go fly one of your son's junk planes out of here. Go cry to Beebe you self centered Liar.
ohhhhh

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

the market is not bigger enough for another mill here if you pulls out the town going dead ,be like bethham steel shut down ,
Tom Coyne-consultant

Estacada, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Umm wrote:
This guy is going to take y'all's money and run with it just like he did all the other do called plants he tried to start
There is a shortage in this country of scrap and feed materials for steel making-and Nucor has it all tied up. That means importing feed at volatile prices, where from there is also a shortage of that or one of the only suppliers is Venezuela-they just love Americans. What technology is being used and what is the environment going to look like-no steel company in the U.S. is handling the wastes as it is? there is technology out there but the mills won't spend the dime to use, even when it will save them millions.
this country has 125 million tons of steel capacity as it is and it is only producing about 60 million.

Brookland, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Nucor is running ads in the paper fighting this new steel mill. South Mississippi needs the jobs an there's enough workers for both. Give us a break so we might come out of this depression we've been in for awhile. Meanwhile Armorel an the north end of the county an out of towners benefit from Nucor.

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
Nucor is running ads in the paper fighting this new steel mill. South Mississippi needs the jobs an there's enough workers for both. Give us a break so we might come out of this depression we've been in for awhile. Meanwhile Armorel an the north end of the county an out of towners benefit from Nucor.
Going by your own logic, out-of-towners would benefit from BRS, not people from Osceola or southern Mississippi county.

There is a lot of anger and vitriol from Blytheville locals aimed at Nucor, so I don't understand what makes BRS special or any different?

Alexander, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

glad nucor shutting this thing down

Brookland, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

South Mississippi County needs jobs. How hard is that to understand. Competition is good for Nucor.

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Talk in the steel industry is the Kohn brothers are backing out.$300 million pulled away.

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

koch brothers sorry
Connor

Trumann, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
Talk in the steel industry is the Kohn brothers are backing out.$300 million pulled away.
That is a bunch of bull and you know it why spread lies?

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Is Big River pulling out?
Umm

Jasper, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
Is Big River pulling out?
man I hope so because all this is for John c. And big wigs of Osceola to fill there pockets while us citizens has to pay for it with our tax money. Who in there right mind would back a start up mill that has no other mills?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of107
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••