Amended complaint filed in challenge of Arkansas gay marriage ban

Jul 23, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Arkansas Times

AN EXAMPLE FOR MCDANIEL: Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane has declined to defend her state's ban on same-sex marriage.

Comments
21 - 34 of 34 Comments Last updated Jul 25, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
He is required to defend it. You can deny the facts all you want, but that wonít change them.
Hon, you have offered nothing that should be confused with facts, only the assertion that he has to, not the same thing. You have yet to show me one statute or constitutional requirement proving yourself right. I showed you that his oath of office simply doesn't say what you believe it does.
guest wrote:
And again, itís really none of your damn business. You should keep your nose in Kansas and try to overturn your own Constitution which also denies recognizing homosexual relationships as marriage.
Already addressed this particularly annoying whine of yours. You really should read the posts you claim to be replying to sweetie, you might look less foolish.
guest wrote:
Bullshit. He is NOT the stateís chief legal authority, and he has no power whatsoever to deem any law unconstitutional.
It really isn't my fault you slept through civics sweetie, but one of the AG's chief duties is to provide his legal opinion on issues concerning the state, INCLUDING whether or not a law or amendment is constitutional or not.
guest wrote:
In fact, heís not even part of the Judicial branch of our state government.
No? Really? Is this really something you imagine that I wasn't aware of?
guest wrote:
He is an Executive branch officer who holds no legal authority whatsoever.
You're right and an idiot all in just one sentence. He's the state's chief law enforcement official hon.
guest wrote:
He can give opinions, but they have no force of law.
If a state official were to act in a manner contrary to his opinion, they do have the force of law.
guest wrote:
As Iíve told you many times, you donít know jack shit about our state government.
And yet, I clearly know about it than you do, so what does that say about you?
guest wrote:
That being said, if the AG chooses not to defend challenges to our state's Constitution, he is not doing his job nor is he honoring his oath of office. End of story.
You keep claiming that even though it has been disproved time and time again. THAT is the end of the story.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
Has Amendment 83 of the Arkansas Constitution been struck down the SCOTUS? Nope. Therefore it remains valid and in full force and effect in our state.
As I said, the AG has a sworn duty to defend our laws, and particularly our own Constitution. If he is unwilling to do so for any reason, he should immediately resign.
The people of this state have every right to have office holders who will honor their oaths of office and perform the duties for which they were elected.
End of story.
The slavery laws in Mississippi were still in effect up until 2012. I didn't hear you screaming that they be enforced.

In fact when I brought them up you basically dismissed them as silly.

Yet you want the children of Arkansas to foot the bill defending another Prop 8 Debacle?

Good luck claiming you're for smaller government and a lower deficit this November!
Lamer

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

AGs choose to not defend suits all the time. Wasnt that part of the whole DOMA/Prop 8? an AG choose to not defend the suit so another body stepped up. That 2nd body did not have standing to challenge and got thrown out?

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Lamer wrote:
AGs choose to not defend suits all the time. Wasnt that part of the whole DOMA/Prop 8? an AG choose to not defend the suit so another body stepped up. That 2nd body did not have standing to challenge and got thrown out?
Someone who gets it. Now if you can only convince the residents of Arkansas, we'll finally be able to get somewhere in the discussion.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
Dear, you really should refrain from lying after it has already been proved that you are in fact lying. The AG's oath of office does NOT require him to defend the amendment and there is NO statute requiring him to do so.
LOL! The only thing you've proven is that you don't know a damn thing about Arkansas law. Hell, you don't even know which branch of government in which the AG's office resides, nor what his duties are! All you're doing is spewing ignorant bullshit and denying reality even when I beat you over the head with it.

I don't really care what you want to believe. I've stated the facts over and over again, even quoting the oath the AG swore upon entering into the office he holds, which includes an oath to perform the duties of his office, the main duty being defending the Constitution and laws of this state.
One more time, the Attorney General has been elected as the highest legal authority in the state
No, he has not! He is an Executive branch officer, not a Judicial one. He has NO legal authority whatsoever! FYI, the highest legal authority in our state is the Chief Justice of the Arkansas Supreme Court.

Yet again, you prove you don't know a damn thing about Arkansas government. You ought to just shut your pie hole and stop embarrassing yourself.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Rick in Kansas wrote:
You have yet to show me one statute or constitutional requirement proving yourself right. I showed you that his oath of office simply doesn't say what you believe it does.
I donít have to prove anything to you dumbass. And it was me who first quoted the AGís oath of office to you, and that oath requires him to perform the duties of his office, chief among them defending the Constitution and laws of our state.

I donít give a shit whether you want to accept facts and reality or not, nor is it my duty to overcome your obvious willful ignorance.
It really isn't my fault you slept through civics sweetie, but one of the AG's chief duties is to provide his legal opinion on issues concerning the state, INCLUDING whether or not a law or amendment is constitutional or not.
Iím not the fuck knuckle who doesnít know which branch of government the AGís office is in, YOU are. Idiot. As far as the AGís opinions go, they have no force of law whatsoever. He has NO judicial authority at all. He determines the outcome of NO cases. He makes NO judicial rulings. He has NO power to invalidate or rule as unconstitutional any law. He is an EXCUTIVE branch officer, not a JUDICIAL one. Do you even know the difference?
He's the state's chief law enforcement official hon.
HmmÖbut youíve been claiming all along that he was the stateís chief Judicial officer. Is he both now? Is the AG actually more powerful than the Governor and Supreme Court? LOL! What a fuctoid you are! Sheer idiocy.
If a state official were to act in a manner contrary to his opinion, they do have the force of law.

More idiocy from you. Again, the AGís opinion has NO legal force whatsoever. No one is obligated to act according to any opinion he gives. They are merely advisory. Yet again your willful ignorance and utter stupidity is displayed for all to see. You donít know a damn thing about our state law. I do. Iíve studied it for over 3 decades. Youíre like an dipshit 3rd grader trying to tell a rocket scientist how jet propulsion works.

Back out to the sandbox with you junior. I'm tired of wasting my time on your idiocy.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

DNF wrote:
The slavery laws in Mississippi were still in effect up until 2012.
Bullshit. Slavery ended in this country 150 years ago. Did anyone ever tell you about the Civil War?
Yet you want the children of Arkansas to foot the bill defending another Prop 8 Debacle?
No, I want my duly elected AG to defend Amendment 83 of the Arkansas Constitution as is his sworn duty. We have no Prop 8 in Arkansas. You're about as stupid as Rich.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

guest wrote:
Has Amendment 83 of the Arkansas Constitution been struck down the SCOTUS? Nope. Therefore it remains valid and in full force and effect in our state.
As I said, the AG has a sworn duty to defend our laws, and particularly our own Constitution. If he is unwilling to do so for any reason, he should immediately resign.
The people of this state have every right to have office holders who will honor their oaths of office and perform the duties for which they were elected.
End of story.
End of story? Nope, just the start. Hide and watch!

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! The only thing you've proven is that you don't know a damn thing about Arkansas law. Hell, you don't even know which branch of government in which the AG's office resides, nor what his duties are! All you're doing is spewing ignorant bullshit and denying reality even when I beat you over the head with it.
I don't really care what you want to believe. I've stated the facts over and over again, even quoting the oath the AG swore upon entering into the office he holds, which includes an oath to perform the duties of his office, the main duty being defending the Constitution and laws of this state.
<quoted text>
No, he has not! He is an Executive branch officer, not a Judicial one. He has NO legal authority whatsoever! FYI, the highest legal authority in our state is the Chief Justice of the Arkansas Supreme Court.
Yet again, you prove you don't know a damn thing about Arkansas government. You ought to just shut your pie hole and stop embarrassing yourself.
Wow. You just embarrassed yourself and the entire State of Arkansas when you said the AG has no legal authority whatsoever.

I love it when you make a fool of yourself.

What's next on your silly list?

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. Slavery ended in this country 150 years ago. Did anyone ever tell you about the Civil War?
<quoted text>
No, I want my duly elected AG to defend Amendment 83 of the Arkansas Constitution as is his sworn duty. We have no Prop 8 in Arkansas. You're about as stupid as Rich.
Bullshit? Oh really?

You're so busy telling lies and making dumb statements like AG's have no legal authority I guess you missed this:

Mississippi abolishes slavery. Good news. Bad news it happened 11 days ago.
http://www.chicagonow.com/real-music/2013/02/...

By DJ Fink, February 21, 2013 at 11:05 am

As I was watching television during BLACK HISTORY MONTH, let me restate that BLACK HISTORY MONTH, I was shocked to find out that the state of Mississippi finally abolished slavery on Feb 7, 2013. Until February 7 the state of Mississippi had never submitted the required documentation to ratify the Thirteenth Amendment, meaning it never officially had abolished slavery.*

You have got to be kidding me.

As the saying goes, what has four eyes and canít see? MISSISSIPPI.

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Thanks for letting us know that we're supposed to give you everything you want.

Great commentary on who raised you!

BTW since Rich is much smarter than you I take your insults about him and I as compliments. At least WE knew that Mississippi AG's were NOT enforcing laws still on the books in 2012.

http://www.chicagonow.com/real-music/2013/02/...

You still haven't explained why christian clerks get a pass from you in CA when they refuse to follow the laws there and do the job they were hired to do.

It's apparent the only laws you want enforced are the ones you pick and choose.

Now that your deceit is exposed you're trying to wiggle out of the corner you painted yourself into.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
Have you ever been treated for delusions sweetie? If not, you really should consider it. Thus far I have PROVED that it isn't in the AG's oath of office that he has to defend the amendment, I have proved that there is no statutory requirement that he has to defend the amendment and I have basically proved you to be clueless.
guest wrote:
I don't really care what you want to believe.
Of course you don't dear, I believe in facts, you believe in your easily disproved delusions.
guest wrote:
I've stated the facts over and over again, even quoting the oath the AG swore upon entering into the office he holds, which includes an oath to perform the duties of his office, the main duty being defending the Constitution and laws of this state.
Sweetie, your bullshit would be far more convincing if you hadn't left a written record of just how little you really know. Again dear, the oath of office I provided to you says his FIRST duty is to the Constitution of The United States and if he believes the amendment unconstitutional that duty is trump. I've also pointed out that one of his duties is as the state's chief legal authority, in fulfillment of that duty he advised that the amendment is unconstitutional and indefensible.
guest wrote:
No, he has not! He is an Executive branch officer, not a Judicial one. He has NO legal authority whatsoever! FYI, the highest legal authority in our state is the Chief Justice of the Arkansas Supreme Court.[/QUOTE}I know he's a member of the executive branch dear, I knew before you even brought it up, it isn't my fault that you can't fake having a clue as to what his job entails and requires and does not require.

[QUOTE who="guest"]Yet again, you prove you don't know a damn thing about Arkansas government. You ought to just shut your pie hole and stop embarrassing yourself.
If I don't know a damn thing and you have proved to know even less than I do, what's that say about the state of your knowledge? I realize you think I'm embarrassing myself sweetie, but you've made it clear that you don't do thinking all that well.

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít have to prove anything to you dumbass. And it was me who first quoted the AGís oath of office to you, and that oath requires him to perform the duties of his office, chief among them defending the Constitution and laws of our state.
I donít give a shit whether you want to accept facts and reality or not, nor is it my duty to overcome your obvious willful ignorance.
<quoted text>
Iím not the fuck knuckle who doesnít know which branch of government the AGís office is in, YOU are. Idiot. As far as the AGís opinions go, they have no force of law whatsoever. He has NO judicial authority at all. He determines the outcome of NO cases. He makes NO judicial rulings. He has NO power to invalidate or rule as unconstitutional any law. He is an EXCUTIVE branch officer, not a JUDICIAL one. Do you even know the difference?
<quoted text>
HmmÖbut youíve been claiming all along that he was the stateís chief Judicial officer. Is he both now? Is the AG actually more powerful than the Governor and Supreme Court? LOL! What a fuctoid you are! Sheer idiocy.
<quoted text>
More idiocy from you. Again, the AGís opinion has NO legal force whatsoever. No one is obligated to act according to any opinion he gives. They are merely advisory. Yet again your willful ignorance and utter stupidity is displayed for all to see. You donít know a damn thing about our state law. I do. Iíve studied it for over 3 decades. Youíre like an dipshit 3rd grader trying to tell a rocket scientist how jet propulsion works.
Back out to the sandbox with you junior. I'm tired of wasting my time on your idiocy.
More idiocy from you. "the AGís opinion has NO legal force whatsoever." Then why did we put him in charge of enforcing the laws?

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

You still haven't answered the question of just how bright of an idea it is to insist that someone defend the amendment, when they are on the record, as the Attorney General, stating that the amendment is unconstitutional?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••