Petition drive to repeal Arkansas Oba...

Petition drive to repeal Arkansas Obamacare making headway

There are 92 comments on the Arkansas Times story from Aug 13, 2013, titled Petition drive to repeal Arkansas Obamacare making headway. In it, Arkansas Times reports that:

Obamacare continues to dominate Arkansas's political discussions. It exposes a rift in the Republican Party, where many legislators signed on the "private option" iteration of Obamacare and are now enduring criticism from within the party for doing so.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Arkansas Times.

conservative crapola

Kutztown, PA

#41 Aug 17, 2013
Arkies are already some of the least educated, in-poor-health Americans in the U.S. That con exceptionalism, she'll hold ya'll back, everytime. hahahahahahahaha

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#42 Aug 17, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Medicare was supposed to be single payer. It worked because it was designed for all workers to pay. Then we gave it to illegals, deadbeats, and anything over 65 still breathing. Now it is nearing bankruptcy. What makes you think we can afford Obamacare?
Claims by some policymakers that the Medicare program is nearing “bankruptcy” are misleading. Although Medicare faces financing challenges, the program is not on the verge of bankruptcy or ceasing to operate. Such charges represent misunderstanding (or misrepresentation) of Medicare’s finances.

Medicare’s financing challenges would be significantly greater without the health reform law (the Affordable Care Act, or ACA), which substantially improved the program’s financial outlook. Repealing the Affordable Care Act, a course of action promoted by some who simultaneously claim that the program is approaching “bankruptcy,” would make Medicare’s financial situation much worse.

Location hidden

#43 Aug 17, 2013
The 2013 report of Medicare’s trustees finds that Medicare’s Hospital Insurance (HI) trust fund will remain solvent — that is, able to pay 100 percent of the costs of the hospital insurance coverage that Medicare provides — through 2026; at that point, the payroll taxes and other revenue deposited in the trust fund will still be sufficient to pay 87 percent of Medicare hospital insurance costs.[1] (The Medicare hospital insurance program is considered insolvent when revenues and trust fund balances will not cover 100 percent of projected costs.) The share of costs covered by dedicated revenues will decline gradually to 71 percent in 2047 and then rise to 73 percent by 2087. This shortfall will need to be closed through the provision of additional revenues, program changes that slow the growth in costs, or most likely both. But the Medicare hospital insurance will not run out of all financial resources and cease to operate after 2026, as the “bankruptcy” term may suggest.

Since: Mar 13

Jonesboro, AR

#44 Aug 17, 2013
To impeach a President of the United States there has to have been a crime committed.

What is your charge for impeachment?
fingiswold

Streetsboro, OH

#45 Aug 17, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Medicare was supposed to be single payer. It worked because it was designed for all workers to pay. Then we gave it to illegals, deadbeats, and anything over 65 still breathing. Now it is nearing bankruptcy. What makes you think we can afford Obamacare?
you don't even know shit about medicare, you moron...lol

what fun to watch righties debate ignorantly and stupidly while we laugh, it's really a treat
qwe

Memphis, TN

#46 Aug 22, 2013
Nick Savage wrote:
<quoted text> Another moron regurgitating Fox News propaganda. Learn to think for yourself.
Spoken like a true CNN worshiper. Wake up and learn the facts.
qwe

Memphis, TN

#47 Aug 22, 2013
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
anyone with insurance 'keeps their own,' dimbulb. there is no 'government obamacare policy' those eeebull liberals are forcing on you...lol
moron
"anyone with insurance ' keeps their own'" That is what obummer keeps telling us. Too bad that is not what the insurance company said. My policy has been reduced by Obama careless and the price has almost doubled.

I may be able to keep it, but it is not what I had before.
wondering

United States

#48 Aug 22, 2013
so what is going to happen to the people who have no job,and cant afford to buy insurance? my job shut down,and i moved here last month.i cant find a job,so what will happen to people like me?
Obama

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#49 Aug 22, 2013
wondering wrote:
so what is going to happen to the people who have no job,and cant afford to buy insurance? my job shut down,and i moved here last month.i cant find a job,so what will happen to people like me?
If you qualify for Medicaid then you will get piss poor health care paid for by the few people left who are working and paying my HUGE taxes.

If you don't qualify and you don't get your ass in gear and find some way to pay huge premiums for inadequate insurance then my IRS gestapo will find you and kill you, or at least tax your already broke ass until you kill yourself to escape my evil machinations.

La Vergne, TN

#50 Aug 22, 2013
It's a done deal. It's going to be repealed. Hooray!

Rogers, AR

#51 Aug 22, 2013
qwe wrote:
<quoted text>
"anyone with insurance ' keeps their own'" That is what obummer keeps telling us. Too bad that is not what the insurance company said. My policy has been reduced by Obama careless and the price has almost doubled.
Not to worry your free ten Lazy ins will be replaced by a better Policy.But the Fairy tales you tell will always be part of your Own STUPIDITY.
But that is why you live in Ten Eight!!!
obamablows

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#52 Aug 22, 2013
(CBS News) A CBS News poll finds more Americans than ever want the Affordable Care Act repealed.

According to the poll, 36 percent of Americans want Congress to expand or keep the health care law while 39 percent want Congress to repeal it - the highest percentage seen in CBS News polls. The poll also found a majority of Americans - 54 percent - disapprove of the health care law, 36 percent of Americans approve of it and 10 percent said they don't know about it.

The health care law is a chronic issue for the White House, CBS News political director John Dickerson said on "CBS This Morning." "There's an operational part to this, which is that the White House has got to get people to sign up for these health exchanges, particularly younger, healthier Americans, and so they are tactically running a campaign much like the presidential campaign, reaching out, using the techniques of that campaign to get younger people to sign up for these health exchanges."

Special Section: Health Care in America

The poll also found just 13 percent of Americans say the health care law will personally "help me" while 38 percent said they believe the law will personally "hurt me."

Open enrollment in the Health Insurance Marketplace begins Oct 01

xxxxxx
You liberal idiots need to remember that Obama and his merry band of criminals have exempted themselves from Obamacare -- it's that bad -- and they'll continue to use Americans' tax dollars to provide themselves with the best health care in the world, including plastic surgery for Nancy Pelosi.
fingiswold

United States

#53 Aug 22, 2013
qwe wrote:
<quoted text>
tax on luxury policy? otherwise yoru claim makes no sense..
fingiswold

United States

#54 Aug 22, 2013
obamablows wrote:
(CBS News) A CBS News poll finds more Americans than ever want the Affordable Care Act repealed.
According to the poll, 36 percent of Americans want Congress to expand or keep the health care law while 39 percent want Congress to repeal it - the highest percentage seen in CBS News polls. The poll also found a majority of Americans - 54 percent - disapprove of the health care law, 36 percent of Americans approve of it and 10 percent said they don't know about it.
The health care law is a chronic issue for the White House, CBS News political director John Dickerson said on "CBS This Morning." "There's an operational part to this, which is that the White House has got to get people to sign up for these health exchanges, particularly younger, healthier Americans, and so they are tactically running a campaign much like the presidential campaign, reaching out, using the techniques of that campaign to get younger people to sign up for these health exchanges."
Special Section: Health Care in America
The poll also found just 13 percent of Americans say the health care law will personally "help me" while 38 percent said they believe the law will personally "hurt me."
Open enrollment in the Health Insurance Marketplace begins Oct 01
xxxxxx
You liberal idiots need to remember that Obama and his merry band of criminals have exempted themselves from Obamacare -- it's that bad -- and they'll continue to use Americans' tax dollars to provide themselves with the best health care in the world, including plastic surgery for Nancy Pelosi.
90% of the 54% don't know shit about it or believe the lies they've been sold by the far right..
fingiswold

United States

#55 Aug 22, 2013
Guest wrote:
It's a done deal. It's going to be repealed. Hooray!
the earth's flat, hooray! lol
qwe

Memphis, TN

#56 Aug 26, 2013
Warty O Toole wrote:
To impeach a President of the United States there has to have been a crime committed.
What is your charge for impeachment?
Where have you been? Wake up and get with reality.

Location hidden

#57 Aug 26, 2013
qwe wrote:
<quoted text>
You are plainly an outright liar. I would love to say that to your face.
qwe

Memphis, TN

#58 Aug 26, 2013
Hogballs wrote:
<quoted text>
You are plainly an outright liar. I would love to say that to your face.
Odummer is the liar. My insurance has already tripled in price and the coverage has already decreased. It will be even worse in January.
QWE

Rogers, AR

#59 Aug 26, 2013
qwe wrote:
<quoted text>
Odummer is the liar. My insurance has already tripled in price and the coverage has already decreased. It will be even worse in January.
and your a liar mine has dropped by 245.15 per month.for Better coverage then i had befor.
fingiswold

United States

#61 Aug 26, 2013
qwe wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm calling you a liar to your face, too

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arkansas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr karl44 20,615
News Hillary is best candidate for U.S. president (Feb '08) 9 hr Responsibilty 938
News The trial of Ted Suhl, day 2: The Texas de Brazil 18 hr Crying Shame 2
News Arkansas man sues police officer for excessive ... Jul 22 Shat 1
News GOP leaders approve convention rules, block ins... Jul 18 Jeff Brightone 1
What Happened to Morgan Nick of Alma, Arkansas? (Jun '07) Jul 16 Anont 53
Found a wanted criminal, Justin Jeremiah Medders (Jan '10) Jul 12 Jeremiah Justin m... 10
More from around the web