Proof that Arkansas is 'backwards hel...

Proof that Arkansas is 'backwards hellhole'

Posted in the Arkansas Forum

“Let's Make This Good”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1 Nov 10, 2008
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/11/9/9356/...

BE IT ENACTED BY THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF ARKANSAS:
Section 1: Adoption and foster care of minors.
(a) A minor may not be adopted or placed in a foster home if the individual seeking to adopt or to serve as a foster parent is cohabiting with a sexual partner outside of a marriage which is valid under the constitution and laws of this state. This initiative was written because the Arkansas supreme court threw out a ban on fostering and adoption by gay couples in 2006. In 2006, the court unanimously rejected the homophobic justifications for discrimination made by the Arkansas government.

Way to go Arkansas! We are once again being ridiculed by the rest of the country...

Since: Aug 08

Arkansas

#2 Nov 11, 2008
Technically Speaking wrote:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/ 2008/11/9/9356/17632
(a) A minor may not be adopted or placed in a foster home if the individual seeking to adopt or to serve as a foster parent is cohabiting with a sexual partner outside of a marriage which is valid under the constitution and laws of this state. This initiative was written because the Arkansas supreme court threw out a ban on fostering and adoption by gay couples in 2006. In 2006, the court unanimously rejected the homophobic justifications for discrimination made by the Arkansas government.
Way to go Arkansas! We are once again being ridiculed by the rest of the country...
I don't know why you believe we are being ridiculed. American society as a whole doesn't condone nor legitimize homosexual behavior. Look at the three states that banned homosexual marriage the last election.

Rather than ridicule, I think most people are grateful that the people of Arkansas have not only protected minor children from being placed in an immoral atmosphere, but have also continued to maintain the position that this country has always held - homosexuality is wrong and immoral.

“Music Is The Best”

Since: Aug 08

Crossett, AR

#3 Nov 11, 2008
I'll tell you what makes Arkansas a backwards hellhole; it ranks 47 in the U.S. for broadband access!

Since: Nov 08

Forum, AR.

#4 Nov 13, 2008
Tell you what,if you don't like Arkansas you're free to leave anytime.In fact the sooner the better.LMAO

“Let's Make This Good”

Location hidden

#5 Nov 13, 2008
America 1st wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know why you believe we are being ridiculed. American society as a whole doesn't condone nor legitimize homosexual behavior. Look at the three states that banned homosexual marriage the last election.
Rather than ridicule, I think most people are grateful that the people of Arkansas have not only protected minor children from being placed in an immoral atmosphere, but have also continued to maintain the position that this country has always held - homosexuality is wrong and immoral.
DIGG.COM -#1 STORY FOR 24-HRS.- 1539 COMMENTS
http://digg.com/politics/Undeniable_proof_tha...

***Undeniable proof that Arkansas is a backwards hellhole!!!*****
dailykos.com Arkansas voters passed by a 57% majority, a vile proposition making adoption by homosexual couples illegal.

DO YOU FEEL RIDICULED NOW?? HOPEFULLY YOU ARE SMART ENOUGH TO RECOGNIZE BLATANT RIDICULE, RIGHT??

“Let's Make This Good”

Location hidden

#6 Nov 13, 2008
Ridge Runner AR wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what,if you don't like Arkansas you're free to leave anytime.In fact the sooner the better.LMAO
You can't tell me that the hillbilly references and constant national ridicule doesn't bother you.
It bothers me. We get laughed at before anyone says anything.
Resident

West Memphis, AR

#7 Nov 19, 2008
If it bothers you that much, move to another state. Life's too short to worry about what other people think about you. F'em!
salliesmom

Montrose, CO

#8 Dec 6, 2008
Ridge Runner AR wrote:
<quoted text>
I did leave thank god, it was the longest 7 years of my life, never have met sadder, more ignorant, bigoted, wacko religious groups, sad, poor, completely backward like living in the fifties, except if you lived maybe in little rock where you had to be rich to make it there. Matter of fact I just talked to another person last nite who got out of AR and said the same thing, racism, meanness, etc., is alive and well in AR, my mother was born there, hated it, and left at age 18 to move to CA I'm so glad she did!!!! And it could change but the locals are so damn proud of their ignorance and southern heritage, I don't know why, I will say parts of the state are beautiful but then you have to deal with the suffocating humidity!!!! YUCK

Since: Dec 08

Atlanta, GA

#9 Dec 6, 2008
Nationwide, laws on the issue are a grab bag. Florida had been the only state that had a law specifically disallowing gay individuals from adoption, although they are allowed to be foster parents. In Utah, only heterosexual, married couples can adopt. North Dakota law permits child-placement agencies to rule out prospective adoptive parents based on religious or moral objection. It's not fair to single out Arkansas, only people will be quick to because of stereotypes. I will not be ashamed of my state for any reason. Not even if people say we are backwards. Tell that to the Walton family, The Clintons, owner of the Dallas Cowboys.... Lot's of families thrive and grow here and have strong convictions. People who say we're too proud of our heritage, don't know how to stand for anything and will be lead around by the nose on any issue that is a fad to follow. It takes thick skin and a backbone to stand by your beliefs, even when you might get stoned for doing so. I agree that foster children need homes, but is this the only option? Aren't we smart enough to find placement for them with more advocates on their behalf?

Since: Nov 08

Forum, AR.

#10 Dec 10, 2008
salliesmom wrote:
<quoted text>
I did leave thank god, it was the longest 7 years of my life, never have met sadder, more ignorant, bigoted, wacko religious groups, sad, poor, completely backward like living in the fifties, except if you lived maybe in little rock where you had to be rich to make it there. Matter of fact I just talked to another person last nite who got out of AR and said the same thing, racism, meanness, etc., is alive and well in AR, my mother was born there, hated it, and left at age 18 to move to CA I'm so glad she did!!!! And it could change but the locals are so damn proud of their ignorance and southern heritage, I don't know why, I will say parts of the state are beautiful but then you have to deal with the suffocating humidity!!!! YUCK
Well that's a good deal. We don't need your kind here.
AR and Hating it

Manila, AR

#11 Aug 4, 2013
This state sucks, I'm trapped here for my job, die in a fire Ridge Runner, and cancer to your family

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arkansas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 4 hr Johnie James 42,924
News After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement Fri Regina C 8
News Josh Duggar Resigns From Family Research Council (May '15) Apr 20 vaginal odor 18
Jason Pedigo Apr 15 Elkspa 1
News Romero set for Double-A debut Apr 10 ThisPhartse 7
What Happened to Morgan Nick of Alma, Arkansas? (Jun '07) Apr 10 nice troll 71
News Fayetteville school district superintendent den... Apr 10 fayschoolssite 5