Ghosts and Haunted spots in Arkansas ...
Jeff

Leduc, Canada

#42 Aug 24, 2006
That's in SW Missouri. The story is that her kids drowned in the river and she searches for them. Big Rock is along the county road mentioned in my previous comment. Pretty D*@# scary. I grew up in Noel....A man I do know that saw her is named Lee Paul...Lives in Noel.
ashley

United States

#43 Aug 24, 2006
Does anyone know how to get to the witch's hollow near cave city arkansas? please email me at ashleymirandahall@hotmail.com I've been trying to locate it for a few months now.
Mississippi County

Jonesboro, AR

#44 Aug 24, 2006
Sarah wrote:
Hey :) We used HWY 412 to get there. If you're going towards Kennett, you take a right at junction for HWY N and go straight down that road for a couple of miles til you hit a V in the road. At the V should be a sign on the right for a road that goes down to Lulu baptist church. Don't take any road in the V, but the road furthest right. Go straight down that road and just before you get to Lulu church take a left onto County road 602. It's a little dirt road. We went straight down the road and crossed the bridge ("Crybaby" bridge - It will probally still have a red symbol painted on it) and turned around to face the way we came and stopped before crossing the bridge the 2nd time. We turned the car off and flashed the lights 3 times. Right then the car (that was off and in park) started moving backwards. I looked back and the light was behind us.(I think about 15 ft away). So we left quick. When we were getting ready to turn back onto 412, my sister noticed a light in the field that just "went off". She pointed it out and I had just missed it but I figured she was just spooked. Not even 15 seconds after I looked it came back on about 20 or 25 ft to the right of where she saw it. I had always heard of it chasing some people but I wouldn't have thought it'd chase us to the Hwy. but it did. it was a yellowish light that kinda looked like a lantern from a distance. Hope my directions help :)
<quoted text>
Any chance you saw a light on a center pivot?
Sarah

Spiro, OK

#45 Aug 24, 2006
I dunno, All i know is that it was completely dark when we got out there and it didn't show up til the car and headlights were off.
vigilante48

Spiro, OK

#46 Aug 25, 2006
Jeff wrote:
That's in SW Missouri. The story is that her kids drowned in the river and she searches for them. Big Rock is along the county road mentioned in my previous comment. Pretty D*@# scary. I grew up in Noel....A man I do know that saw her is named Lee Paul...Lives in Noel.
hey Jeff, isn't Noel where that banker was kidnapped and murdered, thrown off the bridge into the water? I have seen this a couple of times on TV... very scary situation and glad the perpetrators were caught and put away. What a horrendous way to die! Was there ever any other connections between the three?
Vig~48
Caleb

United States

#47 Aug 27, 2006
Hey, does anyone know of any places in or around Lake City? It's a small town right outside of Jonesboro towards Monette.....I haven't heard of anything in or around Lake City without leavin the town.
Lady Red Neck

AOL

#48 Aug 29, 2006
haha wrote:
Excuse me jeff, kiss my butt. The reason I ask sarah her age was cuz i know some spots that are supposely haunted and the ppl i go with there wanted to know her age to invite her.so mind ur own business and chill.
HellO HAHA, Are you with a group of ghost hunters?
I am well over 18, some exp in that area, and am interested.
Kat

Saint Louis, MO

#49 Aug 29, 2006
Vigilante, I moved to Arkansas from arizona while I was in highschool. My friends kept telling me about the senath light, and ofcourse I was hugely skeptical. Well we went ( there was even a professional ghost hunter there that night). In person, nothing happened. When we got back to my friends house and played the video, there was a small little light that flew all over the screen. We all contacted that ghost hunter again to have him look at it. Needless to say my skepticism was not as high after that. I honestly do not remember what, if anything, the pro said about it but I will remember that night for the rest of my life. I also hope that the friends I was with still have that tape.
vigilante48 wrote:
<quoted text>
hey Sarah, I went to see "the light" when I was a teenager back in the 60s! I am not sure of what I saw that night, but on a perfectly clear night with the moon shining, we were stopped under a tree, and all of a sudden there was a big burst of light up above the tree... we jumped off the car and hauled flesh out of that place... I have not been back.
Do you remember how to get there? all I know is we went to Senath and stopped at a gin to ask directions and went down a dirt/gravel road.
What did you see? please describe. thanks,
VIGILANTE/VIGILANT FOR USA
atlbrvfan

Tulsa, OK

#50 Aug 29, 2006
Sarah wrote:
Ok, cool.
The Senath light I saw last weekend. It was so creepy.
The Senath Light doesnt exist anymore. It was gases trapped under ground that were dug up a couple of years ago. However, the area is still pretty creepy.
xXHelenaHandbask etXx

Fayetteville, AR

#51 Aug 30, 2006
I'm interested in more info about Mountain View, AR. If anyone knows of any groups or hauntings in this area I would really appreciate hearing about them.
xXHelenaHandbask etXx

Fayetteville, AR

#52 Aug 30, 2006
If anyone would like to contact me my addy is artilla12@yahoo.com
xXHelenaHandbask etXx

Fayetteville, AR

#53 Aug 30, 2006
Just found this doing a google:

Mountain View - Old Charlie Fowler Christian School - at night footsteps can be heard coming down the stairs. The old cafeteria has voices that can't be explained. It is believed to have been built on an old Indian burial ground. Water drips from the ceiling on the hottest driest days.
Daniel

Little Rock, AR

#54 Aug 31, 2006
Blowing Springs Cavern in Bella Vista has a spot we used to call Indian push. When you leave the cave area there is a spot by a big oak tree when you stop the Indian will push you up hill.
ppp

Buford, WY

#55 Aug 31, 2006
319 west clark st nashville a.r. the house has been burt but im sure what was there before is still there now. they are rebuilding the house.thats what it wanted.
I've heard of gravity hill!
Brenda

United States

#56 Aug 31, 2006
Guys we found a killer spot!!! How about 5 ft. tall demon like images running from the light as you pull into a graveyard? Email weenkie_@webtv.net if you are interested in checking this out...
ARPS

United States

#57 Aug 31, 2006
atlbrvfan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Senath Light doesnt exist anymore. It was gases trapped under ground that were dug up a couple of years ago. However, the area is still pretty creepy.
It still exists, I saw it last week
TxHunter

Austin, TX

#58 Aug 31, 2006
not to change anyone's subject, but can anyone recommend a good "active" hotel or B&B in Hot Springs or Little Rock? We're from Texas on an annual "hunt" in October going through Arkansas this time. Already staying in Eureka springs at the Crescent. Any suggestions for Hot Springs or Little Rock? Anyone know of ghost tours or walks?
American Ghosts

Rochester, MN

#59 Sep 1, 2006
Have you tried this site? http://midnite-walkers.com they have many locations in Northern Arkansas, Southern Missouri on site you can ask them about.
TxHunter

Austin, TX

#60 Sep 1, 2006
American Ghosts wrote:
Have you tried this site? http://midnite-walkers.com they have many locations in Northern Arkansas, Southern Missouri on site you can ask them about.
Thanks for the info. I've sent a note to see if they can help out.
TxHunter

Austin, TX

#61 Sep 2, 2006
TxHunter wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the info. I've sent a note to see if they can help out.
Unfortunately they couldn't help (very nice though) Anybody else know of places to check out in the LittleRock/HotSprings area?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arkansas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 45 min guest 42,164
News Bonnie Montgomery celebrates Forever in show Tue guest 1
Medical neglect/lack of treatment in Arkansas J... (Feb '17) Feb 16 Joyce 6
Walmart ohio Feb 16 Joyce 2
News Huckabee: 'Real Story' is Govt Interfered in It... Jan 27 mh tbn show link 2
News PHOTOS: Curious group of explorers armed with c... Jan 22 keep out 1
News Judge orders ex-lawmaker/city attorney to reimb... Dec '17 Ben 1
More from around the web