Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#29433 Feb 21, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
That study has no place in a country where freedom of speech is one of it's foundational rights. This study has no place in America. The only reason for this study is to control information coming out of media outlets. It's dangerous.

The study has nothing to do with freedom of speech what so ever.

And it is only a pilot study at that.

Kansas City Ks.

#29434 Feb 21, 2014
Sand wrote:
And you got your information from where, Barney?
Show us your source.

99% of the information was in the WSJ article.

Tell me what information in my post, that was not contained in the article, do you want to know the source of?
Barney Is My Hero

Jonesboro, AR

#29435 Feb 21, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, it has to do with limiting free speech, of course if voters were smarter none of this would be an issue.

Kansas City Ks.

#29436 Feb 21, 2014
Barney Is My Hero wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, it has to do with limiting free speech, of course if voters were smarter none of this would be an issue
If the speech is limited it is not free.

It's only a issue to the uninformed, and partisan Republican voters..........

Everyone else knows its Bull Shit!

“Frankly my dear...”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#29437 Feb 21, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
If the speech is limited it is not free.
It's only a issue to the uninformed, and partisan Republican voters..........
Everyone else knows its Bull Shit!
This coming from the fool that blames George w. Bush for anything and everything!!!
Barney is the KING of uninformed and partisan.......and reigns from his throne of BS!!!!
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#29438 Feb 21, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Or he just might tell you that, "the CIN Study" is a pilot study, and by law the FCC is required to conduct feasibility test.
That any participation in this test is voluntary.
Damn, what a coincidence that they would kick this off in Columbia South Carolina, one of the most red of the red states, the program brought to the light of day in a OP-ED Piece in the WALL STREET JOURNAL by a Republican.
Then attempt to make political hay out of it!
They needed to give you haters something to cut paste beside the BLAZE.
Well, well, well, it looks like it just came out today that the FCC is suspending the "study" until further notice. If they are required to do it and it's just a "study" then why would they need to delay it? I mean, what harm could it do?
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#29439 Feb 21, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me repeat. Well, well, well, it looks like it just came out today that the FCC is suspending the "study" until further notice. If they are required to do it and it's just a "study" then why would they need to delay it? I mean, what harm could it do?
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#29440 Feb 21, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, what a coincidence that they would kick this off in Columbia South Carolina, one of the most red of the red states, the program brought to the light of day in a OP-ED Piece in the WALL STREET JOURNAL by a Republican.
Then attempt to make political hay out of it!
They needed to give you haters something to cut paste beside the BLAZE.
South Carolina huh? Isn't that the state (the right to work state) where Boeing had so much trouble from the NLRB? I wonder how that would have turned out if the administration had their "news police" controlling what information was given to the public? Do you think it's just a coincidence?

Kansas City Ks.

#29441 Feb 21, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
South Carolina huh? Isn't that the state (the right to work state) where Boeing had so much trouble from the NLRB? I wonder how that would have turned out if the administration had their "news police" controlling what information was given to the public? Do you think it's just a coincidence?
Give me and example of one question from the study guidelines that would give a lucid person any reason what so ever to believe that this study has a thing to do with controlling information given to the public.

To be so outraged as you are, you have surly read the guideline for the study, did you not?

Sure you have, now tell me which one of those questions is it that has you so up in arms.
While your at it, look at what information they are looking for and why they need it.

Then please tell me you can turn the reason for the study into some wild idea it is meant to a job description for a - "NEWS POLICE".

BTW- if you think S.C. is a union friendly state you best think again.

"Don't want to taint the water"

Gov. Nikki Haley

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014...

“Frankly my dear...”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#29442 Feb 21, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me and example of one question from the study guidelines that would give a lucid person any reason what so ever to believe that this study has a thing to do with controlling information given to the public.
To be so outraged as you are, you have surly read the guideline for the study, did you not?
Sure you have, now tell me which one of those questions is it that has you so up in arms.
While your at it, look at what information they are looking for and why they need it.
Then please tell me you can turn the reason for the study into some wild idea it is meant to a job description for a - "NEWS POLICE".
Gov. Nikki Haley
Yeah! That's right, Barney! Any lucid person should know what to think when a transparent President like Barak tells the American people anything.
Heck, your lucid mind believes and still defends the lie, "If you like your health insurance, you can keep you health insurance!"
Even though that lie has been shot full of holes and sunk faster than the titanic, you still believe the lies!
You will never be the poster child for "lucid minds", cause you're a nut! Pure, bona fide, CRAZY...that is anything but lucid!
I believe...I BELIEVE this administration has been controlling information given to the public from the beginning.
Now, it is your responsibility to wake up from your liberal induced coma and open your sleepy eyes to the real world...
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#29443 Feb 22, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Gov. Nikki Haley
It's not the study in and of itself. It's how it will be used if the FCC deems it feasible. If we have freedom of speech in this country, why would we need a media police force deciding what information is critical to the country and what is not?

Kansas City Ks.

#29444 Feb 22, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the study in and of itself. It's how it will be used if the FCC deems it feasible. If we have freedom of speech in this country, why would we need a media police force deciding what information is critical to the country and what is not?

You have no idea of what the intended purpose of that study was to begin with, it would be best if you just moved on, you just might land on a subject that you can discusses without looking miserably foolish trying to discuss.

Not likely, but it is worth a try.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#29445 Feb 22, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea of what the intended purpose of that study was to begin with, it would be best if you just moved on, you just might land on a subject that you can discusses without looking miserably foolish trying to discuss.
Not likely, but it is worth a try.
You're just mad because you jumped all in on supporting this never thinking the backlash would be so severe that they would pull the study the very next day. That would cause me to question just what the intent of the "study" was. Again, if it were just a study then why the backlash and why was the study pulled? Using your logic of it being just a feasibility study, you can't answer that so you tell me just to move on. You are as thin skinned and as shallow of a person as I have ever dealt with but, hey, what do you expect, you get you're taking after the king of thin skinned and shallow. Barack Hussein Obama.

Kansas City Ks.

#29446 Feb 22, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just mad because you jumped all in on supporting this never thinking the backlash would be so severe that they would pull the study the very next day. That would cause me to question just what the intent of the "study" was. Again, if it were just a study then why the backlash and why was the study pulled Capital? Using your logic of it being just a feasibility study, you can't answer that so you tell me just to move on. You are as thin skinned and as shallow of a person as I have ever dealt with but, hey, what do you expect, you get you're taking after the king of thin skinned and shallow. Barack Hussein Obama

I told you once and I obviously have to tell you again, the only backlash is coming from the Right, nobody else gives a Rats Ass about this republican grandstanding.

"pulled"- I do believe the official statement is - "it is postponed"

BTW- before questioning the "intent of the story" you should know what the story was about.

And thank president Obama for nominating FCC commissioner's like, Ajit Pai, the author of that
OP-ED piece who has got you so fired up.

LOL- And Obama appointee
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#29447 Feb 22, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you once and I obviously have to tell you again, the only backlash is coming from the Right, nobody else gives a Rats Ass about this republican grandstanding.
"pulled"- I do believe the official statement is - "it is postponed"
BTW- before questioning the "intent of the story" you should know what the story was about.
And thank president Obama for nominating FCC commissioner's like, Ajit Pai, the author of that
OP-ED piece who has got you so fired up.
LOL- And Obama appointee
Well, the backlash surly won't come from the left. They are the ones wanting to control everything about our lives. This "study" falls right in line with their agenda.
Maggie

Jonesboro, AR

#29448 Feb 22, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the backlash surly won't come from the left. They are the ones wanting to control everything about our lives. This "study" falls right in line with their agenda.
Barney is a true believer that the American people are to dumb to provide for themselves therefore every aspect of life needs to be monitored. Based upon the classes he took in school, his success in the military and the accomplishment that he has made in his life, you can see why he feels that way. If it were not for Google he would have no thoughts. It makes you wonder how McDonalds stays in business.

Kansas City Ks.

#29449 Feb 22, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>

Name one question from that study that gives you that idea,,,,,, just one.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#29450 Feb 22, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I will say this one more time. It has nothing to do with the questions. It's the fact that the FCC is in news media outlets in the first place that is the problem. The FCC is in control of content and having them in news rooms is a conflict of interest. The project's list of what constitutes "Critical Information Needs" is arbitrary, as it would have to be. The items include information about emergencies and risks; health and welfare; education; transportation; economic opportunities; the environment; civic information; and political information. While some aspects of each of these aspects could be considered "Critical" others certainly would not. Who decides that? Let me flip this on you. If the Republicans were in office and they were doing the same thing you would be livid (as would I) because you have called Republicans everything in the book and clearly have no love loss for them. The position you are taking on this is shortsighted and dangerous.
Lisa

Mountain Home, AR

#29451 Feb 22, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
An older couple were lying in bed one night. The husband was falling asleep but the wife was in a romantic mood and wanted to talk. She said, "You used to hold my hand when we were courting."
Wearily he reached across, held her hand for a second and tried to get back to sleep. A few moments later she said, "Then you used to kiss me."

Mildly irritated, he reached across, gave her a peck on the cheek and settled down to sleep. Thirty seconds later she said, "Then you used to bite my neck."

Angrily, he threw back the bed clothes and got out of bed. "Where are you going?" she asked.

"To get my teeth!

“Cruising U.S.A.”

Since: Mar 12

General Motors

#29452 Feb 22, 2014
I'm voting for Points, Props, and The Crown,...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arkansas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
construction May 19 kass 1
News In 6 years, 53 blacks shot May 11 Those farts 47
News Arkansas man sues police officer for excessive ... (Jul '16) May 8 just sayin 9
Why should go for green movers? May 4 jandbmovers 1
News Statewide traffic hub in works May 1 I spy with my lil I 2
News Federal budget deal would spare arts agencies May 1 Hostis Publicus 3
Asking about elm street update today May 1 Chiquita Welch 1
More from around the web