created by: Rick | Jun 8, 2010

Arkansas

5,851 votes

Did you vote today?

Click on an option to vote

  • Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
24,801 - 24,820 of 29,471 Comments Last updated 22 min ago
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26763
Sep 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, "Keep in mind this average was calculated at the end of president Obama's first term, it will be higher now.
President Obama was the only president on that list that had taken office after a recession as bad as the one that began in Dec. 07 under a Republican president.
Now that you brought it up, look at those numbers and the name beside them.
Who owns the majority of the higher growth numbers, the Democrats.
Would you like to look at some stock market history as well, that clearly proves the U.S. economy preforms better under Democrats.
Who controlled Congress during those growth years? If Obamas numbers are so great today why don't you post those numbers? Now run back to msnbc and get your new talking points to post. I will wait..
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26764
Sep 9, 2013
 
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep in mind this average was calculated at the end of president Obama's first term, it will be higher now.
Barack Obama, 1.2% annual G.D.P. growth rate
George W. Bush, 1.6%
George H.W. Bush, 2.1%
Gerald Ford, 2.2%
Dwight Eisenhower, 2.5%
Richard Nixon, 3.0%
Jimmy Carter, 3.2%
Ronald Reagan, 3.5%
Bill Clinton, 3.8%
Lyndon B. Johnson, 5.0%
John F. Kennedy, 5.4%
Like I said, it's pathetic. As if that wasn't bad enough America's debt as a ratio of GDP was at 103.9% as of 12/31/12. Other presidents, however, have enjoyed numbers from 35.8% under Ford up to 74.1% in the last year of Bush's presidency. Bush pretty much kept the debt to GDP ratio between 57.8% and 65.6%. Why do people have less disposable income under Obama? Bush left office with every tax payer responsible for around $35K in national debt and it started at around $21K for Bush. Obama has ballooned that number to $52K. So in 8 years Bush added an additional $14K of national debt to each citizen. Obama has added $17K in only 4 years. Like you said in your opening statement that number is higher now. So no matter how the numbers are interpreted by the left, things are getting worse and not better. You see, there is a healthy amount of debt this country can sustain such as 50%-55%. I think that the 74.1% Bush left office with was way too high. Obama's 103.9% is dangerous especially when combined with a shrinking tax base and a growing entitlement (Not SS and other retirement entitlements) sector.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26766
Sep 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Who controlled Congress during those growth years? If Obamas numbers are so great today why don't you post those numbers? Now run back to msnbc and get your new talking points to post. I will wait.
I have no idea who controlled Congress during all those growth years under those Democrat administrations, tell you what, for the sake of argument, lets say it was a Republican control congress.

Now tell me something, we have a Republican majority House and a minority leader in the Senate that calls himself the, "GUARDIAN OF GRIDLOCK". With More Than 400 Filibusters Since 2007that pretty much says control don't you think?

How do you explain those, in your words, "pathetic numbers",

Today

Obamas numbers are so great today why don't you post those numbers?

Nobody said our growth rate was great, I said it is growing, the growth rate today is higher than George W Bush's avg. when he left office. When president Obama leaves office we will then know what the avg. for his terms.

When I posted "second-quarter (of this year) economic growth had been revised upward to an annualized rate of 2.5 percent" that you think is "pathetic". You see, that was and I

QUOTE , "Obamas numbers are so great today why don't you post those numbers"

I have never seen a clearer case of anyone not knowing what the Hell they were talking about than what you posted above..........GOOD JOB .

Now that is truly pathetic.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26767
Sep 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, it's pathetic. As if that wasn't bad enough America's debt as a ratio of GDP was at 103.9% as of 12/31/12. Other presidents, however, have enjoyed numbers from 35.8% under Ford up to 74.1% in the last year of Bush's presidency. Bush pretty much kept the debt to GDP ratio between 57.8% and 65.6%. Why do people have less disposable income under Obama? Bush left office with every tax payer responsible for around $35K in national debt and it started at around $21K for Bush. Obama has ballooned that number to $52K. So in 8 years Bush added an additional $14K of national debt to each citizen. Obama has added $17K in only 4 years. Like you said in your opening statement that number is higher now. So no matter how the numbers are interpreted by the left, things are getting worse and not better. You see, there is a healthy amount of debt this country can sustain such as 50%-55%. I think that the 74.1% Bush left office with was way too high. Obama's 103.9% is dangerous especially when combined with a shrinking tax base and a growing entitlement (Not SS and other retirement entitlements) sector.
Bush had two damn wars that he did not add to his debt, but President Obama did, you just happen to forget that?

Can't forget what you don't know can you?
barney is a racist

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26768
Sep 10, 2013
 
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO, "sanctimonious", oh the irony.
I Hit that nerve pretty hard I see.
Yeah....that's it, Magoo.:)
barney is a racist

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26769
Sep 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Cupcake any time you would like to march forward and provide a source that backs your opinion.........Bring it.
I need not 'bring' anything. Your very words prove it. With every post, you expose yourself, thus proving your own 'plain folk' philosophy.
You are the source that backs my opinion...you are just to stupid to realize it.
barney is a racist

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26770
Sep 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO, "sanctimonious", oh the irony.
I Hit that nerve pretty hard I see.
Actually, the only thing you did was to avoid giving us insight into all the good charitable work you must be involved in since you are so concerned for these causes and continue to pass your judgment on anyone that differs from you with the same old accusations you've been brainwashed to say...over, and over, and over, and over again.
You only impress yourself. Seriously...only yourself.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26771
Sep 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

barney is a racist wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the only thing you did was to avoid giving us insight into all the good charitable work you must be involved in since you are so concerned for these causes and continue to pass your judgment on anyone that differs from you with the same old accusations you've been brainwashed to say...over, and over, and over, and over again.
You only impress yourself. Seriously...only yourself.
Keep on phishing!

And in the mean time I will be the largest Donner in history to the, St.Jude Children Hospital.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26772
Sep 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

AP-40 minutes ago

MOSCOW (AP)— Syria says it has accepted Russia's proposal to place its chemical weapons under international control for subsequent dismantling.

Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Moallem said Tuesday after meeting with Russian parliament speaker that his government quickly agreed to the Russian initiative to "derail the U.S. aggression

Hummmmmmmmmmm, looks like President Obama is well on the way to making the world a safer place and did not fire one shot, or drop one bomb.

Obviously Syria and Russia both know President Obama could have lobed a few missiles at Syria had he chosen to do so.

Unfortunately there are many in the U.S., including the media that has yet to realize that the request to Congress is Political theater.

Syria and Russia are showing signs of doing the right thing, Republican are red faced, privately asking themselves and one another, why did we not see that coming!!!!!!!

You should not under estimate what a skilled politician President Obama is. He beat the Clinton political machine to win the nomination.

That speaks volumes!

WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26773
Sep 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea .
"the growth rate today is higher than George W Bush's avg. "

Yet you can't post the numbers Boy Barney. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY makes shyt up better than you do!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26774
Sep 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BARNEYII wrote:
AP-40 minutes ago
MOSCOW (AP)— Syria says it has accepted Russia's proposal to place its chemical weapons under international control for subsequent dismantling.
Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Moallem said Tuesday after meeting with Russian parliament speaker that his government quickly agreed to the Russian initiative to "derail the U.S. aggression
Hummmmmmmmmmm, looks like President Obama is well on the way to making the world a safer place and did not fire one shot, or drop one bomb.
Obviously Syria and Russia both know President Obama could have lobed a few missiles at Syria had he chosen to do so.
Unfortunately there are many in the U.S., including the media that has yet to realize that the request to Congress is Political theater.
Syria and Russia are showing signs of doing the right thing, Republican are red faced, privately asking themselves and one another, why did we not see that coming!!!!!!!
You should not under estimate what a skilled politician President Obama is. He beat the Clinton political machine to win the nomination.
That speaks volumes!
LMFAO! Your stupidity speaks volumes about YOUR mental state!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26775
Sep 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea who controlled Congress during all those growth years under those Democrat administrations, tell you what, for the sake of argument, lets say it was a Republican control congress.
Now tell me something, we have a Republican majority House and a minority leader in the Senate that calls himself the, "GUARDIAN OF GRIDLOCK". With More Than 400 Filibusters Since 2007that pretty much says control don't you think?
How do you explain those, in your words, "pathetic numbers",
Today
Obamas numbers are so great today why don't you post those numbers?
Nobody said our growth rate was great, I said it is growing, the growth rate today is higher than George W Bush's avg. when he left office. When president Obama leaves office we will then know what the avg. for his terms.
When I posted "second-quarter (of this year) economic growth had been revised upward to an annualized rate of 2.5 percent" that you think is "pathetic". You see, that was and I
QUOTE , "Obamas numbers are so great today why don't you post those numbers"
I have never seen a clearer case of anyone not knowing what the Hell they were talking about than what you posted above..........GOOD JOB .
Now that is truly pathetic.
LMAO! PATHETIC response as usual. You LIBTARDS had the house, the senate and the Presidency for two years and all you did was cram big tax health care down the American peoples throats and now it is coming back to haunt you. LOL! LIBTARDS poison everything they touch.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26776
Sep 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! PATHETIC response as usual. You LIBTARDS had the house, the senate and the Presidency for two years and all you did was cram big tax health care down the American peoples throats and now it is coming back to haunt you. LOL! LIBTARDS poison everything they touch.
Sounds like your getting your information about ACA from a Harris poll and the Chamber of Commerce..........

The Pinocchio Test

Maybe the Chamber of Commerce got exactly what it paid for in this poll.

But in their zeal to bolster Republican talking points, the Chamber and Harris Interactive offered a misleading picture of what the poll said — and the nature of the poll itself. They should offer apologies to the Republicans who so quickly took the bait — and conduct a thorough review of how such polls are presented in the future.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...
Reality Check

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26777
Sep 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush had two damn wars that he did not add to his debt, but President Obama did, you just happen to forget that?
Can't forget what you don't know can you?
Well genius, then how did the evil, rich contractors like Haliburton get paid? They wouldn't go over there for free. How did the millitary families survive on nothing for all those years? How did companies like Lockheed Martin and General Dynamics survive giving all those weapons away? They aren't free you know. If you look at it like that then Bush's way is the way to go. Everybody donates their goods and labor so we don't add a dime to the debt. You know the American people were on the hook for that war just like we are on the hook for all of Obama's debt which dwarfs Bush's debt in only half the time. The argument that somehow the debt ended up on Obama's term is just stupid. None of those contractors or millitary families would have waited that long to get paid. You can't win that argument under any circumstances. I blame Bush for the debt he incurred during his term which ended in January 2009 and I blame Obama for causing the debt to become much worse under his leadership and he shoulders ALL responsibility. The reality is that the only way to reduce what we owed was to spend far less than we took in but Obama has a spending problem that he wasn't willing to put off so things went and continue to go into the tank. The American people and American companies have reacted to Obama's policies in a predictable fashion. We have reigned in what we spend in order to protect ourselves so the econonmy shrinks, halts, or barely inches forward. There is simply no way around it, our country is a country driven by consumers Conditions need to be favorable to the businesses that supply those consumers in order for us to thrive. If you try to tax those companies more, prices will increase to the point where consumers can't afford them and the economy slows. If you spend as much as Obama, then increased taxes have to be passed to the consumers as well because we have spent so much that the rich simply can't afford it. So Obama is made to be a liar even if he didn't intend it to be, which I'm not at all convinced is the case.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26778
Sep 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! PATHETIC response as usual. You LIBTARDS had the house, the senate and the Presidency for two years and all you did was cram big tax health care down the American peoples throats and now it is coming back to haunt you. LOL! LIBTARDS poison everything they touch.
Really, what two years exactly are you referring to?

While you are at it, give us the names of those 60 Senators who gave the Democrats a super majority, for two years.

I will give you a clue big boy, it did not happen, Ted Kennedy died, and was replaced with a Republican.

After that, the super majority was gone.......

Not to mention Sen. Alan “Al” Franken was sworn in months later after he won the election, you see young man , once again you have no idea of what you are talking about.

Reality Check

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26779
Sep 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BARNEYII wrote:
AP-40 minutes ago
MOSCOW (AP)— Syria says it has accepted Russia's proposal to place its chemical weapons under international control for subsequent dismantling.
Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Moallem said Tuesday after meeting with Russian parliament speaker that his government quickly agreed to the Russian initiative to "derail the U.S. aggression
Hummmmmmmmmmm, looks like President Obama is well on the way to making the world a safer place and did not fire one shot, or drop one bomb.
Obviously Syria and Russia both know President Obama could have lobed a few missiles at Syria had he chosen to do so.
Unfortunately there are many in the U.S., including the media that has yet to realize that the request to Congress is Political theater.
Syria and Russia are showing signs of doing the right thing, Republican are red faced, privately asking themselves and one another, why did we not see that coming!!!!!!!
You should not under estimate what a skilled politician President Obama is. He beat the Clinton political machine to win the nomination.
That speaks volumes!
While Putin is known for his dislike of terrorist (which I respect him for), to think that he is willing to help the United States is a dream. Let's not forget that Russia is not too far removed from being a Communist nation. They still have favorable relationships with Iran and China for no better reason than to not let America gain another foothold as the world's strongest nation. In other words to keep us down where Obama has led us. We will see just how many chemical weapons show up in Russia as a result of this deal. My guess is that it won't be much. I also wonder what will happen to the facilities where these weapons were made. If they are not distroyed, then how strong is the conviction to eliminate those types of weapons in the Middle East? And it appears as though the big deal Obama made about the women and children who were supposedly gassed to death isn't as big of a deal anymore since the agreement. What happened to Obama's then the world's red line? That puts us back at why Obama made a big deal of the whole Syria thing in the first place. My bet is on a coverup for something else Obama was doing that he didn't want the American people to see. What that is will have to be discovered at a later date. Obama's stance on the situation in Syria cooled down way too fast in relation to the amount of attention and importance that was given to it. Obama is talking about still going to Congress to get authorization for force if the situation arises but I bet he won't even do that now regardless of what he says.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26780
Sep 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BARNEYII wrote:
AP-40 minutes ago
MOSCOW (AP)— Syria says it has accepted Russia's proposal to place its chemical weapons under international control for subsequent dismantling.
Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Moallem said Tuesday after meeting with Russian parliament speaker that his government quickly agreed to the Russian initiative to "derail the U.S. aggression
Hummmmmmmmmmm, looks like President Obama is well on the way to making the world a safer place and did not fire one shot, or drop one bomb.
Obviously Syria and Russia both know President Obama could have lobed a few missiles at Syria had he chosen to do so.
Unfortunately there are many in the U.S., including the media that has yet to realize that the request to Congress is Political theater.
Syria and Russia are showing signs of doing the right thing, Republican are red faced, privately asking themselves and one another, why did we not see that coming!!!!!!!
You should not under estimate what a skilled politician President Obama is. He beat the Clinton political machine to win the nomination.
That speaks volumes!
Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Moallem said Tuesday after meeting with Russian parliament speaker that his government quickly “agreed to the Russian initiative.”

Al-Moallem added that Syria did so to “uproot U.S. aggression.”

Uproot U.S. aggression? It's all about kicking America while we are down (after being knocked to the ground because of Obama's policies) and not the women and children. Neither Assad, Russia, and especially not Obama care anything about those people no matter what they say. Sorry to burst your Obama bubble. No I'm not, who am I kidding?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26781
Sep 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, what two years exactly are you referring to?
While you are at it, give us the names of those 60 Senators who gave the Democrats a super majority, for two years.
I will give you a clue big boy, it did not happen, Ted Kennedy died, and was replaced with a Republican.
After that, the super majority was gone.......
Not to mention Sen. Alan “Al” Franken was sworn in months later after he won the election, you see young man , once again you have no idea of what you are talking about.
Poor pitiful Boy Barney, so confused all the time. There is no denying the democraps had the house the senate and the Presidency for the first two years Odumbo was in office. You truly are an IDIOT!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26782
Sep 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Odumbo can't lose. The lame stream libtard media will make this idiot look like a hero and genius. They are so invested in the first half black President in U.S. history that they will not let him fail. If only they could do the same for Boy Barney!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26783
Sep 10, 2013
 

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••