Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#25493 Jun 21, 2013
snowman wrote:
<quoted text>LOL believe what you want to "Mr. Independant" and yes everything I told you was true. You are just another niave Republican who could not see the truth if it was told to you by the person who said it. Ignorance is what got us into this mess caused by your impotent party. You can see that it's collapsing on itself. Governors and congressmen and women accross the U.S. in the Republican party are shoving their beliefs with no votes in state legislature passed the vote of the general populous belief and onto a Republican governor's desk to be signed into law, it even happens in the little pathetic town of pocahontas. But that is ok. Whenever enough people get pissed off at all this ignorance your party is trying to pass then they will fall again just like they did in 08'.
Just to be clear, you are saying our National Debt total was at $0 when Bush took office? I mean that IS what you are saying I am just giving you a chance to think about what you just said and correct it.

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#25494 Jun 22, 2013
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong again
most people did exactly what I did in 2010, and went to the polling stations and voted for anything but a democrat because of the blantent arrogance they spewed forth ramming that craptastic healthcare bill down our throats without even reading it first!!! And yes, that was Pelosi's exact words...do I need to go find the video proof for you of her saying to pass the bill then read it?
Democrat arrogance is what people are getting sick and tired of. The democratic party has changed drastically within the last 50 years. It used to be a party for the people, for the poor, for the working class...now it is nothing more than a sick joke performing one scandal after another right in front of the publics eyes and trying to cover it up with the ruse of national media, hollywood, and slight of hand. And although that may very well work on simpletons, more and more people are waking up. Trust me, the GOP can only be their worst enemy for so long before the attention goes right back square on your party. Just hope that isn't in 14, or 16, or you'll see a repeat of 10.
In 2010 the independent vote swung to the right and did just what you said, they went to the ballot box and voted with emotion over logic.

Look what happen, the Republicans gerrymandered their way to a majority in the house and now look what you independents put into office, a Congress with the lowest public approval rating ever, and passed less bills than any Congress in history.

BTW- if you will notice the polls are looking pretty bad for 2016 as far as Republicans are concerned, 2014 we will see if their gerrymandering can save their ass from a 8% public approval rating.

Mark

UK

#25495 Jun 22, 2013
Good Day,

Do you need urgent finance,we offer swift financing to interested parties. I would need you to mail so we can discuss further should be interested in receiving funds quickly,easily and most importantly,legitimately...

Warm Regards

Urgently Respond to: sharkfinancialservice@gmail.co m

Shark Team

Kansas City Ks.

#25496 Jun 22, 2013
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
How could it happen? Because people have the right to vote for anyone they see fit as long as they are on the ballot. Don't have to belong to a political party to get on a ballot. And please don't bring up Perot or Paul...No one in their right mind would have voted for either of those tards anyway.
That is true, however your simplistic answer fails to address the issue of organization, and more importantly money, of a party as opposed to the independent voters who lack both.

Kansas City Ks.

#25497 Jun 22, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
By saying that spending bills come from the House you are saying that no other branch of government has any say so in the fate of spending bills? Surely you are not going there are you?
As for the downgrade, you are saying that we weren't in trouble before the House had the opportunity to pass the spending bill? That the downgrade was the sole result of the inactivity of the House and not our spending habits in the years prior to the downgrade? Primarily the actions of the former House leader Nancy Pelosi when our spending was out of control (not that it's in control now because it isn't)? I don't like him but under John Boehner spending levels have come down from the all time u.s. high under Pelosi. It's odd that when Pelosi spent the most money in a two year span in American history, it was Bush's fault for putting us in a hole that could only be climbed out of by massive spending. This must be an anomaly because everyone else that tries that approach ends up losing everything. Enter in John Boehner. Spending levels come down and all of a sudden Obama's plan is coming to fruition and the debt levels are in a free fall.
Complete hypocrisy.
NOPE, that is not even close to what I said on any damn thing you said in that rant.

Let me remind you of what you said;

"We wouldn't have gotten a credit downgrade for the first time in our history and Obama owns that 100%"

But now your story is;

"and not our spending habits in the years prior to the downgrade? Primarily the actions of the former House leader Nancy Pelosi when our spending was out of control"

It gets better, hold on, you ready?

"By saying that spending bills come from the House you are saying that no other branch of government has any say so in the fate of spending bills?"

No I didn't, but you sure did..........ROFL

"Enter in John Boehner. Spending levels come down and all of a sudden Obama's plan is coming to fruition and the debt levels are in a free fall"

Reality Check

Camden, AR

#25498 Jun 22, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
NOPE, that is not even close to what I said on any damn thing you said in that rant.
Let me remind you of what you said;
"We wouldn't have gotten a credit downgrade for the first time in our history and Obama owns that 100%"
But now your story is;
"and not our spending habits in the years prior to the downgrade? Primarily the actions of the former House leader Nancy Pelosi when our spending was out of control"
It gets better, hold on, you ready?
"By saying that spending bills come from the House you are saying that no other branch of government has any say so in the fate of spending bills?"
No I didn't, but you sure did..........ROFL
"Enter in John Boehner. Spending levels come down and all of a sudden Obama's plan is coming to fruition and the debt levels are in a free fall"
First you said that it's 100% the House's fault we were downgraded. This elimitates every other administration from the past and all other branches of government placing blame solely on the shoulders of the current House.
Second, you re-stated that spending bills come from the house. Given statement one on who's fault this is makes your second statement about where spending bills originate imply that the House has sole authority over those bills which is completely inaccurate.
Lastly, you eliminated all responsibility for this mess from every previous government we have ever had. This says that no other administration has contributed to this mess in the history of our country and that the single act of not passing a bill is the reason for the downgrade. It also implied that no other method would have prevented a downgrade such as spending within our means (WOW what a novel idea). You yourself have blamed Bush on countless occasions for his spending actions which supposedly caused Obama to have to do more of what you blamed Bush for which seems to be ok with you since it's a liberal doing it. Completely hypocritical.
Now on what I said, Our credit rating was stellar until Obama started to "lead". Other administrations had certainly done damage to place us in the mess we found ourselves in (Bush included). However, when Obama and Pelosi were handed the checkbook and they saw all the red ink, that was their opportunity to change course so the problem could be fixed. What did they do instead? They sped up the very thing that other administrations had done. This caused the credit agencies to do their own forcasting of what that level of spending would do to this nation since Obama showed no signs of slowing his out of control spending. They were left with no other alternative besides a downgrade. I believe that if Obama had even remained at the current outrageous and unacceptable levels of spending that we would have never been downgraded but we will never know. All things said, I'll give Obama 75% blame and past administrations 25% though I still feel he deserves 100% for his irresponsible spending.

Kansas City Ks.

#25499 Jun 22, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
First you said that it's 100% the House's fault we were downgraded. This elimitates every other administration from the past and all other branches of government placing blame solely on the shoulders of the current House.
Second, you re-stated that spending bills come from the house. Given statement one on who's fault this is makes your second statement about where spending bills originate imply that the House has sole authority over those bills which is completely inaccurate.
Lastly, you eliminated all responsibility for this mess from every previous government we have ever had. This says that no other administration has contributed to this mess in the history of our country and that the single act of not passing a bill is the reason for the downgrade. It also implied that no other method would have prevented a downgrade such as spending within our means (WOW what a novel idea). You yourself have blamed Bush on countless occasions for his spending actions which supposedly caused Obama to have to do more of what you blamed Bush for which seems to be ok with you since it's a liberal doing it. Completely hypocritical.
Now on what I said, Our credit rating was stellar until Obama started to "lead". Other administrations had certainly done damage to place us in the mess we found ourselves in (Bush included). However, when Obama and Pelosi were handed the checkbook and they saw all the red ink, that was their opportunity to change course so the problem could be fixed. What did they do instead? They sped up the very thing that other administrations had done. This caused the credit agencies to do their own forcasting of what that level of spending would do to this nation since Obama showed no signs of slowing his out of control spending. They were left with no other alternative besides a downgrade. I believe that if Obama had even remained at the current outrageous and unacceptable levels of spending that we would have never been downgraded but we will never know. All things said, I'll give Obama 75% blame and past administrations 25% though I still feel he deserves 100% for his irresponsible spending.
I am going to correct your delusional ass for God knows how many times now.

I did not say a damn word about "100%" but you did, here is what I said:

"Hell yes, its the 1/3's fault we were downgraded"

In rebuttal to your statement;

"So you are telling me that the Democrats held 2/3 of the three branches of government and it's the 1/3's fault we were downgraded"

Now if you want to discuss projections, have a look at what just came from the CBO..........

That is the thrust of a new report released Tuesday by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, estimating that the deficit for this fiscal year, which ends on Sept. 30, will fall to about $642 billion, or 4 percent of the nationís annual economic output, about $200 billion lower than the agency estimated just three months ago.

BTW- you have nothing to say about the recent credit up grade?
Redd Neckerson

Little Rock, AR

#25500 Jun 22, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>

I believe that if Obama had even remained at the current outrageous and unacceptable levels of spending that we would have never been downgraded but we will never know. All things said, I'll give Obama 75% blame and past administrations 25% though I still feel he deserves 100% for his irresponsible spending.
None of us read the news. We read stuff we agree with. Just because somebodyís crap smells like yours, doesn't mean itís not still crap.

http://shitmydadsays.tumblr.com/

Kansas City Ks.

#25501 Jun 22, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so pleased you have seen the light of day and give President Obama the 100% credit he deserves "for his irresponsible spending"

Thanks to that, look what happened-----

After four years of budget deficits in excess of $1 trillion, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office forecast Tuesday that this yearís deficit will plummet to $642 billion, or 4 percent of the nationís total economic output.

Thatís $200 billion lower than the CBO forecast in February. Analysts attributed the sunnier outlook to higher-than-expected tax revenue and about $95 billion in higher payments from mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which are profiting from a recovering housing market.

The forecast puts the nation on track for its smallest deficit since 2008, before the recession hit in full force. And the CBO predicts that the gap between revenue and spending will continue to shrink through 2015, when it will fall to just over 2 percent of the economy ó well within the bounds of what economists consider to be economically sustainable.

Jonesboro, AR

#25502 Jun 22, 2013
Due to this admin. If your not a multiple gun owner your done. It's going to a long 3.5 years and the the disaster created by Obama will last for years beyond that. Who would want to follow behind that?
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#25503 Jun 22, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I am going to correct your delusional ass for God knows how many times now.
I did not say a damn word about "100%" but you did, here is what I said:
"Hell yes, its the 1/3's fault we were downgraded"
In rebuttal to your statement;
"So you are telling me that the Democrats held 2/3 of the three branches of government and it's the 1/3's fault we were downgraded"
Now if you want to discuss projections, have a look at what just came from the CBO..........
That is the thrust of a new report released Tuesday by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, estimating that the deficit for this fiscal year, which ends on Sept. 30, will fall to about $642 billion, or 4 percent of the nationís annual economic output, about $200 billion lower than the agency estimated just three months ago.
BTW- you have nothing to say about the recent credit up grade?
I never said you did say anything about 100%. I said that the way it was written IMPLIES that, and it does.
For the record, the CBO seems to be wrong far more than they are right.
As for the credit upgrade, I will consider it an upgrade when we get back AAA. Until then it's just a nod of recognition in our direction, though it does sound promising. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. I am leary of things being held at their current levels artificially such as the stock market. It has been RUMORED that the government is buying up equities in order to boost equity prices artificially. Since it's not illegal for our government to invest in the market nobody has said much. Bernanke spoke about government doing this very thing back in 2002 as a way to avoid inflation. Well, guess who runs the Fed? America is currently holding interest rates down in order to lure people to buy homes. If things are so great then why not let interest rates come up? Then there are a host of unrelated things like the lies about Benghazi that would lead someone not to trust our government. If they will lie about one thing then lying about everything isn't out of the question and needs to be considered with everything they tell us.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#25504 Jun 22, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so pleased you have seen the light of day and give President Obama the 100% credit he deserves "for his irresponsible spending"
Thanks to that, look what happened-----
After four years of budget deficits in excess of $1 trillion, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office forecast Tuesday that this yearís deficit will plummet to $642 billion, or 4 percent of the nationís total economic output.
Thatís $200 billion lower than the CBO forecast in February. Analysts attributed the sunnier outlook to higher-than-expected tax revenue and about $95 billion in higher payments from mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which are profiting from a recovering housing market.
The forecast puts the nation on track for its smallest deficit since 2008, before the recession hit in full force. And the CBO predicts that the gap between revenue and spending will continue to shrink through 2015, when it will fall to just over 2 percent of the economy ó well within the bounds of what economists consider to be economically sustainable.
Hope you are right, I just don't have that much confidence in Obama's ability keep things right. Besides, as you pointed out in an earlier post, I believe it was you that stated that debt and deficits are two completely different things which is true. If the money our citizens generate isn't enough to pay down the debt then there is only a false recovery. If we borrow money to close the deficit gap then we are actually still going backwards. Since the debt is still climbing at an alarming rate that would appear to be the case. To make a long story short, I wouldn't celebrate just yet.
Concerned

Malden, MO

#25505 Jun 22, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2010 the independent vote swung to the right and did just what you said, they went to the ballot box and voted with emotion over logic.
Look what happen, the Republicans gerrymandered their way to a majority in the house and now look what you independents put into office, a Congress with the lowest public approval rating ever, and passed less bills than any Congress in history.
BTW- if you will notice the polls are looking pretty bad for 2016 as far as Republicans are concerned, 2014 we will see if their gerrymandering can save their ass from a 8% public approval rating.
And this is exactly what the hell I'm talking about. Both of your parties are so damned screwed up, and God forbid either of you even think about taking some responsibility for what you have done to our country. You call it acting out of emotion, I call it putting the democrats arrogance back into place where it belongs. We the Independents let you dems know real quick in 2010 that "You" do not have the power "You" think you do, and with attitudes like your displaying, we will show you again in 2014 and 2016. And even after the Independents handed you dems your collective asses, you still cannot admit that the real power lies within the hands of the American people...you gave the credit to your hated adversary, just so you could keep from admitting where the true power in this country lies.

Now get this straight dem, and you gop listen too.

People in this country dont give a rats ass about your so called approval points

People in this country dont give a rats ass about what "you" think is best for the country

People in this country dont give a rats ass what overpaid moron is backing your political party

This is what we care about:

1)You do what we voted you in office to do and nothing more

2)Keep your personal agendas out of that office, because quite frankly no one cares what you think dipshit

3)If we the people tell you no...we freaking mean NO...we dont want to hear a bunch of bullshit about how the average American doesn't know better and you know whats best for our country

4)Create jobs, create jobs, create jobs first and foremost

5) Quit sending our damned money overseas when we have starving people right here living on the streets.

6)Quit starting freaking wars!!!

7)No more raises for your sorry asses until this country is fixed!!!, matter of fact, do the honorable thing and take a damned paycut because you are seriously overpaid any damned way.

8)Quit trying to make up shit or change shit in the constitution...if it isnt in there, then it doesn't belong!!!, and if it is in there, then leave it the "F" alone!!!!

9)For the love of God get rid of Political correctness before we all end up being a bunch of ignorant third grade tattle tales that can't even wipe our own asses. Grow some thick skin people...who cares what someone says about you..does their opinion really affect you that much?...if it does...you need damned help!!!

10) Term limits

11)Get rid of Obamacare, that bill is going to single handed destroy our medical care in this country, not to mention create a shitload of part time jobs versus 40 hour work weeks.

If you can do this list then you will have my vote...simple as that. If you cannot then you can kiss my ass and I will vote against you every time, and that has nothing to do with the gop gerrymadering or the dems paying off the national media, it simply means your a damned moron who cannot fix our country and you will not under any circumstances ever have my vote.(and yes, I vote in every single election)
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

#25506 Jun 22, 2013
Redd Neckerson wrote:
<quoted text>
How could you tell the difference?
Because he sounds like you...

Kansas City Ks.

#25507 Jun 22, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said you did say anything about 100%. I said that the way it was written IMPLIES that, and it does.
For the record, the CBO seems to be wrong far more than they are right.
As for the credit upgrade, I will consider it an upgrade when we get back AAA. Until then it's just a nod of recognition in our direction, though it does sound promising. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. I am leary of things being held at their current levels artificially such as the stock market. It has been RUMORED that the government is buying up equities in order to boost equity prices artificially. Since it's not illegal for our government to invest in the market nobody has said much. Bernanke spoke about government doing this very thing back in 2002 as a way to avoid inflation. Well, guess who runs the Fed? America is currently holding interest rates down in order to lure people to buy homes. If things are so great then why not let interest rates come up? Then there are a host of unrelated things like the lies about Benghazi that would lead someone not to trust our government. If they will lie about one thing then lying about everything isn't out of the question and needs to be considered with everything they tell us.
"I never said you did say anything about 100%"

I believe you did..........

"First you said that it's 100% the House's fault we were downgraded. This eliminates every other administration from the past and all other branches of government placing blame solely on the shoulders of the current House"

Kansas City Ks.

#25508 Jun 22, 2013
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is exactly what the hell I'm talking about. Both of your parties are so damned screwed up, and God forbid either of you even think about taking some responsibility for what you have done to our country. You call it acting out of emotion, I call it putting the democrats arrogance back into place where it belongs. We the Independents let you dems know real quick in 2010 that "You" do not have the power "You" think you do, and with attitudes like your displaying, we will show you again in 2014 and 2016. And even after the Independents handed you dems your collective asses, you still cannot admit that the real power lies within the hands of the American people...you gave the credit to your hated adversary, just so you could keep from admitting where the true power in this country lies.
Independents are so powerful that currently no Independents are serving in the U.S. House of Representatives.

There are two Independents currently serving in the U.S. Senate....

And they vote with the Democrats.
Concerned

Malden, MO

#25509 Jun 22, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Independents are so powerful that currently no Independents are serving in the U.S. House of Representatives.
There are two Independents currently serving in the U.S. Senate....
And they vote with the Democrats.
My God you are freaking hopeless....you are like a freaking machine that has been programmed to only make certain responses...there definitely is no hope what so ever for the likes of you.

Have fun with your political debates here. I can see there is no reasoning with anyone like you. You truly are a Democrat...you should feel so proud (eye roll)

Kansas City Ks.

#25510 Jun 22, 2013
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
My God you are freaking hopeless....you are like a freaking machine that has been programmed to only make certain responses...there definitely is no hope what so ever for the likes of you.
Have fun with your political debates here. I can see there is no reasoning with anyone like you. You truly are a Democrat...you should feel so proud (eye roll)
Middle finger (extended)
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#25511 Jun 22, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"I never said you did say anything about 100%"
I believe you did..........
"First you said that it's 100% the House's fault we were downgraded. This eliminates every other administration from the past and all other branches of government placing blame solely on the shoulders of the current House"
"Hell yes, its the 1/3's fault we were downgraded."

Did I miss something? I don't think I did. If I did then please tell me who else's fault it is because I can't find it in your statement.

Kansas City Ks.

#25512 Jun 23, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hell yes, its the 1/3's fault we were downgraded."
Did I miss something? I don't think I did. If I did then please tell me who else's fault it is because I can't find it in your statement.
Think about it some more, maybe it will come to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arkansas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 46 min 4 Leaf Clover 2,845
UALR Football? (May '13) Wed Bob Britches 6
How pornography influences and harms sexual beh... Jan 28 Aiesha 1
Huckabee slams Obama for letting daughters list... Jan 28 fedupwiththemess 171
Jeb Bush talks education for Arkansas GOP hopeful Jan 28 swedenforever 30
GOP hopefuls weigh in on gay marriage Jan 27 eyeful 77
Does Mike Huckabee want to president or Beyonce... Jan 26 Billy Ringo 28
More from around the web