|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with more idiocricy spewing forth from that mouth. First off, thank you for proving my point about the vile and absolute lack of knowledge that comes from liberals. Second off, in the last 6 Presidential elections I have voted Republican 4 times, and Democrat twice. Hence the title independent, which is exactly what I am. I am neither right wing nor left wing, I am an American and right down the middle, and I absolutely despise earthworm mentality twits like yourself that try to use insults, racism, and fear mongering to further your liberal fantasy land agendas. You sir, are an idiot...end of story.
Nice to see that you represent Middle America so effectively, I had thought for a minute that you might be just another judgmental, right-wing asshole incapable of understanding any point of view other than your own. One seeing himself as some sort of snapshot of what a "Real American" should be.

Wait a second, seems my first impression was right after all.

I never cease to be amazed at the self-serving illusions people create for themselves.
yep

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

I did!
yep

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

I did
why

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Nope
Hmmm

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a thought. Maybe, just maybe there isn't any correlation between LEGAL gun ownership and gun crimes. And maybe, just maybe there IS a direct correlation between ILLEGAL gun ownership and gun crimes. And maybe, just maybe the NRA knew this and they also probably knew this new law was more about power and the ability of the government to gain more control over our citizens than anything else. Just a thought.
While we are opining here, maybe, just maybe the Gun Industry and the NRA are in cahoots. Maybe they really are not Everyday Joe's best friend after all and instead purposely perpetuate a culture of fear and violence aimed at creating maximum profits around the world. Could it be that these two entities have, by their enormous monetary expenditures and world-wide media support, gained too much power over our political process? Is that even the remotest possibility?
Hmmm

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Serious wrote:
<quoted text>
Barney has always and always will, have someone to do his thinking,.
There is seldom a original thought, mankind has been around too long for that to happen. Original opinions are formed though, biology demands that we adapt to our surroundings.
Hmmm

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>So which is it Barney, do you watch Fox and listen to Rush or are you a LIAR? It has to be one or the other..
So many questions, so few answers.
Hmmm

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
Liberal liars, like Barney, everywhere are in mourning today. As many as 18 people were killed and about 400 injured between Monday and Wednesday.
No, their not mourning the lose of life, they're mourning because it was not caused by a gun, a tea party member, a republican or a Christian as they were trying to tell us through the media. They're mourning the causalities committed to their false narratives and lies that the truth continues to expose.
Leave it to a dumbass like you to try to make political hay out of pain and suffering...even a new low for you.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
While we are opining here, maybe, just maybe the Gun Industry and the NRA are in cahoots. Maybe they really are not Everyday Joe's best friend after all and instead purposely perpetuate a culture of fear and violence aimed at creating maximum profits around the world. Could it be that these two entities have, by their enormous monetary expenditures and world-wide media support, gained too much power over our political process? Is that even the remotest possibility?
I would doubt it but anything in this crazy world is possible. To be more powerful than the political machine, the black market would have to be a factor and that goes against the responsible gun ownership the NRA supports and stands for.
Hmmm

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I would doubt it but anything in this crazy world is possible. To be more powerful than the political machine, the black market would have to be a factor and that goes against the responsible gun ownership the NRA supports and stands for.
Maybe once stood for, everything's politicized now.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow the money..........

NRA- annual budget 250 million dollars.

Money Spent to Influence Federal Elections

*•NRA + Pro Gun Groups =$53 million

•Brady + Gun Control Groups =$3 million

That equals this-

One out of four gun owners called their elected official.

One out of ten non gun owners called their elected officials on the issue of, extended back ground checks.

As for the black market..........

Fact: The Criminal market = 25% of the gun industry’s annual sales.*•The NRA fights to protect this market share.

They must defeat any law that would make it harder for criminals to get guns e.g. laws to stop gun trafficking, close the gun show loophole, etc.

THEN SAY

“You need a gun with you at all times to protect you from armed criminals.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately R. C. responsibility on occasion plays second chair to money.

There is a book that talks about that, its called the King James Version, and it says this;

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

I guess he is also saying that sorrow also plays second chair to money.
Hmmm

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a book that talks about that, its called the King James Version, and it says this;
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
Judgement Day is going to be interesting.

Reality Check

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
An organization's members are a direct reflection of it's leadership. The vast majority of NRA members are some of the most responsible law abiding citizens in America so one can probably come to the conclusion that the NRA leadership acts in the same manner. Because the NRA is so large there is a lot of money associated with it. With money comes influence and power, that's just the way it is. By comparison the Government Service Agency (GSA) members are anything but responsible citizens. Their stated values are as follows:

Integrity
Accountability and transparency in operations
Effective leadership
Responsible decision-making

If you will remember the lavish parties that were thrown, and the stupid videos that were put on youtube? All done with our tax dollars. Why? Because it's a direct reflection of their leadership. If the NRA is as you and most liberals believe they are then their members would also act in the same way. Much like the GSA. I'm not an NRA member but I look at the evidence to draw my conclusion until contrary evidence is provided. You would do well to do the same.

As for the Bible verse you referenced, it is saying that replacing God as the number one priority of your life with money will bring sorrow instead of happiness. Sorrow is the byproduct of greed. The more greed in ones life, the more sorrow.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow the money..........
NRA- annual budget 250 million dollars.
Money Spent to Influence Federal Elections
*•NRA + Pro Gun Groups =$53 million
•Brady + Gun Control Groups =$3 million
That equals this-
One out of four gun owners called their elected official.
One out of ten non gun owners called their elected officials on the issue of, extended back ground checks.
As for the black market..........
Fact: The Criminal market = 25% of the gun industry’s annual sales.*•The NRA fights to protect this market share.
They must defeat any law that would make it harder for criminals to get guns e.g. laws to stop gun trafficking, close the gun show loophole, etc.
THEN SAY
“You need a gun with you at all times to protect you from armed criminals.”
I don't agree with any lobbyist BUT the NRA made that money legally and may spend it in any manner they see fit. For every NRA there is a union or some tree-hugging lobbyist doing the same things. They all should be told to go home as far as I'm concerned. As far as I know there is no evidence that clearly shows that the NRA has any interest in keeping the black market gun sales flourishing.
CHBordelon

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

My new book is Hunt or Be Hunted:Burning Desires. If you like thrilling murder mysteries this book is a must read!! Look for it online at Amazon.com or at the Conway Hastings today!!
Hmmm

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree with any lobbyist BUT the NRA made that money legally and may spend it in any manner they see fit. For every NRA there is a union or some tree-hugging lobbyist doing the same things. They all should be told to go home as far as I'm concerned. As far as I know there is no evidence that clearly shows that the NRA has any interest in keeping the black market gun sales flourishing.
Without unions many children could still be working at 8 or 10, uneducated and leading a short, dismal life.

I don't understand the hatred for environmentalist, we both know that there could already be solutions to our energy needs without depleting every last drop of oil, destroying every landscape, hellbent to deny future generationalal needs..have been since the Seventies...and we both know exactly why those solutions aren't being used today. Our Country is falling behind, take a look at the advancements being made in the Scandinavian Countries. We are exactly where those that really control this Country want us, at war with each other while neglecting our own self interest.

But hey, I haven't much time left on this beautiful pre-apocalyptic paradise we inherited...maybe the next residents will learn from our mistakes
Another ElDo Guy

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Hmmm, Sure there are alternatives to fossil fuels. Just none of them are competitive. When something viable comes along the fossil fuels vehicles will disappear. Look at horse power. Vanished off the streets within 20 years of the mass produced vehicle.
Horse transportation was based on renewable resources.Why aren't environmentalist proposing to bring that back?
Tree products are the most successful renewable resource business in the world. Yet my whole life I've heard about saving the trees. Why don't the renewable resource environmentalist proponents promoting more tree use?
Ethanol only extracts a small amount of the available energy out of corn. It would be far more efficient to promote using corn furnaces in peoples homes instead of natural gas. Then the natural gas could be used directly to power our cars. Much friendly on the environment that the current E10 ethanol blends in our gasoline.
How about the hydrogen economy. I hear a lot of environmentalist say that is where we should be headed. The problem is hydrogen is made from fossil fuels. The only way to get green house gas friendly hydrogen would be to make it by electrolysis from nuclear power electricity or solar powered electricity.
The contempt for environmentalist comes from their own inconsistencies, bad science, and hypocracy. i.e. Al Gore flying around the country in his jet telling the rest of us we should cut down on the amount of fossil fuels we use.
If we were a free market economy a solution might come to market. But we aren't. The ethanol business only exists because of goverment mandates. The nuclear business died due to government regulation.
Unions: I agree. Unions gave the people power over greedy abusive negligent company owners. Desparately needed. Unions are fading now because governmental laws finally caught up. The one area where we needed governmental protection and they failed. They didn't do anything until the people banded together in unions for their own protection

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Another ElDo Guy wrote:
Hmmm, Sure there are alternatives to fossil fuels. Just none of them are competitive. When something viable comes along the fossil fuels vehicles will disappear. Look at horse power. Vanished off the streets within 20 years of the mass produced vehicle.
Horse transportation was based on renewable resources.Why aren't environmentalist proposing to bring that back?
Tree products are the most successful renewable resource business in the world. Yet my whole life I've heard about saving the trees. Why don't the renewable resource environmentalist proponents promoting more tree use?
Ethanol only extracts a small amount of the available energy out of corn. It would be far more efficient to promote using corn furnaces in peoples homes instead of natural gas. Then the natural gas could be used directly to power our cars. Much friendly on the environment that the current E10 ethanol blends in our gasoline.
How about the hydrogen economy. I hear a lot of environmentalist say that is where we should be headed. The problem is hydrogen is made from fossil fuels. The only way to get green house gas friendly hydrogen would be to make it by electrolysis from nuclear power electricity or solar powered electricity.
The contempt for environmentalist comes from their own inconsistencies, bad science, and hypocracy. i.e. Al Gore flying around the country in his jet telling the rest of us we should cut down on the amount of fossil fuels we use.
If we were a free market economy a solution might come to market. But we aren't. The ethanol business only exists because of goverment mandates. The nuclear business died due to government regulation.
Unions: I agree. Unions gave the people power over greedy abusive negligent company owners. Desparately needed. Unions are fading now because governmental laws finally caught up. The one area where we needed governmental protection and they failed. They didn't do anything until the people banded together in unions for their own protection
I found your post interesting, in the equation of contempt for environmentalist you can also include those who cannot see the forest for the Tree.
Hmmm

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Another ElDo Guy wrote:
Agree with your post, many good points, especially the corn debacle, couple of exceptions though.

There is abundant hydrogen in sea water.
Al Gore is failed politician, a silver-spooned, monied entrepreneur, a adulterer, and doesn't fit what I think of as a true environmentalist.
Where would we be if during the oil crisis of the Seventies we had demanded developing alternatives to fossil fuel powered transportation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 22,801 - 22,820 of28,698
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••