Ark. Catholic School Fires Teacher fo...

Ark. Catholic School Fires Teacher for Same-Sex Marriage

There are 3 comments on the Advocate story from Oct 18, 2013, titled Ark. Catholic School Fires Teacher for Same-Sex Marriage. In it, Advocate reports that:

A Roman Catholic high school in Arkansas has terminated a popular teacher who married her same-sex partner in New Mexico this week, but her students and national LGBT rights groups are fighting back.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Advocate.

Dedham, MA

#1 Oct 18, 2013
First of all, who knew there were Catholics in Arkansas?

Secondly, is anyone really surprised that a female sports coach is gay?

Reading carefully, it's pretty clear the teacher was *not* fired for being gay, but for publicly taking part in something that violates Church teaching. I don't know who goes to work at a Catholic school and thinks they can publicly flout the values the school is trying to teach.

Nevertheless, I'm sure this woman will become the Left's latest "civil rights" hero.

#2 Oct 18, 2013

United States

#3 Oct 19, 2013
When will gays learn their queer marriages will never really be accepted by normal and decent people?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arkansas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 5 hr Barton Farley 31,407
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 8 hr ChristineM 21,692
tell the trurh on hillary--arkansas state patrol Tue turbodawg 4
Garland County District Court Corruption Oct 24 State of Arkansas 29
Josh Hurst Email Collection Oct 23 State of Arkansas 20
Love and Logic Oct 19 State of Arkansas 1
News 2016ers weigh in on Trump's 'blood' comment (Aug '15) Oct 18 Sad memories 446
More from around the web