Arkansas House panel backs fluoride in water bill

Mar 2, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Baxter Bulletin

An Arkansas House committee recommended passage Tuesday of a bill requiring Arkansas cities with more than 5,000 residents to put fluoride in their water.

Comments
1 - 20 of 39 Comments Last updated Jul 23, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Unbelievable

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

Judged:

At a time when other states, medical science, and other countries are realizing the toxin that fluoride is, the inherent well-known dangers of it, and are removing it from their water, what are these legislative mental midgets thinking by forcing people to drink it? They're proof that fluoride lowers the IQ, so now they want the rest of the population to be a dull as they are?

Grapevine, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

Judged:

No one is forced to drink flouride treated water. If you don't like it, buy bottled water or distill your own.
Disgusted

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

Judged:

That's just asinine. Why should people have to resort to such measures simply to have drinking water, especially when there is no benefit to having fluoride in the water? What about bathing, too? Should one also distill water for that?

The legislature is forcing fluoride on people. Make no mistake about that.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

Judged:

Disgusted wrote:
That's just asinine. Why should people have to resort to such measures simply to have drinking water, especially when there is no benefit to having fluoride in the water? What about bathing, too? Should one also distill water for that?
The legislature is forcing fluoride on people. Make no mistake about that.
I doubt most people think that it's an issue. If you do, then don't drink it. No one is forcing you and there are other alternatives.
Informed

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

Judged:

I'm sure most people don't think it's an issue, owing to their ignorance; an ignorance apparently shared with the legislature.

It's much more than a mere issue of avoidance when toxins are being mandated legislatively for public use.

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

Judged:

Informed wrote:
It's much more than a mere issue of avoidance when toxins are being mandated legislatively for public use.
Again, no one is MANDATING that anyone, including you, drink fluoride treated water. If you don't want to drink it, then don't. You can always purchase bottled water or distill your own. You can also drill a well and drink that.

People like you never want solutions, you just want to whine like little babies. Grow up.
Geez

Mountain View, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

Judged:

guest wrote:
No one is forced to drink flouride treated water. If you don't like it, buy bottled water or distill your own.
Your an Idiot. Little Rock is getting like DC in knowing what is best for us whether we like it or not.

Carlisle, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

Judged:

Geez wrote:
Your an Idiot. Little Rock is getting like DC in knowing what is best for us whether we like it or not.
I'm not an idiot, just pointing out the obvious. No one is now or ever has been forced to drink fluoride treated water. If you don't like, don't drink it. And while you're at it, stop using fluoride toothpaste too. I bet you'll do neither. And I bet you'll continue to whine like a little baby.
Curious

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

Judged:

Exactly what problem is being solved by the addition of fluoride to the water?

What business have those in government forcing this on people? Not everyone has the ability nor the means to avoid it, and thus are effectively forced into using the water.
Well Lady

Mountain View, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

Judged:

Has Guest from Little Rock ever tried to drill a well in the Ozarks. I have three wells on my property, two of them are dry holes. My neighbor also had two dry holes and hauled drinking water for years before rural water became available in our area.
The national media just released the information that Americans are ingesting too much floride. Even we hillbillies in the Ozarks can afford toothpaste with floride in it! We don't need to drink it too.

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

Curious wrote:
What business have those in government forcing this on people? Not everyone has the ability nor the means to avoid it, and thus are effectively forced into using the water.
What a load of b.s. No one, and I repeat NO ONE, is forced to drink fluoride treated water. Some of you just want to whine like little babies instead of taking responsibility for yourselves and choosing any one of a number of available options. I bet you use fluoride toothpaste every morning. Am I right, or am I right? Thought so. Just shut up already.

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

Well Lady wrote:
Has Guest from Little Rock ever tried to drill a well in the Ozarks. I have three wells on my property, two of them are dry holes. My neighbor also had two dry holes and hauled drinking water for years before rural water became available in our area.
The national media just released the information that Americans are ingesting too much floride. Even we hillbillies in the Ozarks can afford toothpaste with floride in it! We don't need to drink it too.
Well boo hoo hoo. Do you want me to call the waaaamublance for you? If you want a well and can't find water where you're at, you can always move somewhere else. If you don't want to move, you can buy bottled water. Or, you can buy a purifying system and remove the fluoride from your tap water.

Like I said, no one is forced to drink fluoride treated water. You just want to whine and whine and whine. Grow up and take responsibility for yourself.
Guest Humper

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

Hey, people, dont pay any mind to Guest from Little Rock. He's just mad because I quit humping him. He's quite petulant when he's horny. Oh, and he's the real whiner. You should hear him! Lordy!
Timbo mafia man

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2011

Judged:

They may not be forced to drink it but they'll be forced to pay for it and that my naive authoritarian loving nitwitted neighbor is the problem. NEWS FLASH...... The people who seek to control you will eventually seek to destroy you. Inbred hillbilly retard. You sound like mama put waaaaaaay too much flouride in your bottle son.

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2011

Timbo mafia man wrote:
They may not be forced to drink it but they'll be forced to pay for it.
No they won't. You don't get a bill from the water company unless you are one of their customers. No one is forced to buy water from anyone.

Like I said, some of you are just a bunch of whining crybabies. Water has been treated with fluoride for decades. You've drank it all your life. You brush your teeth every morning with fluoride toothpaste. You're just a whining windbag who can't find anything else to bitch about.

Just shut up already.
Timbo mafia man

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2011

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
No they won't. You don't get a bill from the water company unless you are one of their customers. No one is forced to buy water from anyone.
Like I said, some of you are just a bunch of whining crybabies. Water has been treated with fluoride for decades. You've drank it all your life. You brush your teeth every morning with fluoride toothpaste. You're just a whining windbag who can't find anything else to bitch about.
Just shut up already.
Did you know that flouride is an accumulative neurotoxin that has been used for over 100 years as a bug poison? I'm guessing since your an ignorant, lowlife, inbred flouride head that you didn't know. That's ok retard. I don't mind informing pieces of trash like you. In fact, I feel sorry for welfare raised sheep like you. You are the perfect example of what too much government cheese and peanut butter does to a developing brain. Try using your mystical Internet box to research the fact that since flouride was put in the drinking water on a large scale, lukiemia and other bone cancers have skyrocketed. Now, keep repeating your intellectually lazy argument and tell me one more time to shut up. I guess when you have no argument that's about all you can say.

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2011

Judged:

Timbo mafia man wrote:
Try using your mystical Internet box to research the fact that since flouride was put in the drinking water on a large scale, lukiemia and other bone cancers have skyrocketed.
Can you cite even ONE case where anyone has every won a lawsuit against a municipal water company for damage caused by the addition of fluoride? Of course not.

Can you prove even a single case of leukemia was caused by fluoride in drinking water? Nope.

Can you prove that even one person has ever contracted bone cancer as a direct result of fluoride in drinking water? Hardly.

You're so full of crap.

But, even if you want to believe all that b.s., you still don't have to drink it!!!! You can still buy bottled water or your own distiller. You can still treat your own tap water and remove the fluoride.

But no, you'd rather get on topix and continue to whine like a little bitch.

Just shut up already.
FYI

Mountain View, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2011

Judged:

OK, so let me get this straight: I pay my water bill every month, but if I don't want to actually drink it I have to BUY more water. Can't afford to drill a well so that's out of the question, and all the wells in my area are unreliable at best.

I do have a brita filter on my kitchen faucet, would that get rid of fluoride that I don't want? I'll have to read the package next time I get one.

Carry on. I believe you were at "shut up, you're an idiot."

Benton, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Judged:

FYI wrote:
OK, so let me get this straight: I pay my water bill every month, but if I don't want to actually drink it I have to BUY more water.
If you don't want to drink the water you are purchasing from the water department, then stop buying it from them!!! DUH. Are you really that stupid?

Like I said, there are other places you can buy water if you don't want fluoride treated water. Stop buying it from the water dept and start buying it elsewhere.

I think you're just full of crap. You and I both know you brush your teeth every morning with fluoride toothpaste, and probably injest far more from that than in any water you may drink.
Can't afford to drill a well so that's out of the question, and all the wells in my area are unreliable at best.
I do have a brita filter on my kitchen faucet, would that get rid of fluoride that I don't want? I'll have to read the package next time I get one.
People like you always find any excuse not to implement a simple solution. You just like to bitch. Crybaby.
FYI

Mountain View, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't want to drink the water you are purchasing from the water department, then stop buying it from them!!! DUH. Are you really that stupid?
Like I said, there are other places you can buy water if you don't want fluoride treated water. Stop buying it from the water dept and start buying it elsewhere.
I think you're just full of crap. You and I both know you brush your teeth every morning with fluoride toothpaste, and probably injest far more from that than in any water you may drink.
<quoted text>
People like you always find any excuse not to implement a simple solution. You just like to bitch. Crybaby.
OK enough with the name calling and playground style insults. OBVIOUSLY there is only one reliable source of continuous water available here. It's not like we have 3 different water companies to choose from. Our choices are: the one and only water department, a well (already explained that isn't an option), load up containers at the spring (which is very time and labor intensive), a sistern (also unreliable), or buy water.

You have made you point repeatedly, and have proven that you are not worthy of anyone's further time and attention.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••