Escape from the Alamo Cult, now in Fo...

Escape from the Alamo Cult, now in Fouke, Ark

Posted in the Arkansas Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Carol

Fort Smith, AR

#5 Jun 18, 2007
What those kids had to go through is beyond me. Unfortunately their experiences with Tony drove some of them away from a loving God.
Shekanah

Talala, OK

#6 Jun 19, 2007
Carol wrote:
What those kids had to go through is beyond me. Unfortunately their experiences with Tony drove some of them away from a loving God.
Hi Carol,
Are you the same Carol who I've swapped comments with on the Fouke forum? If so, I've enjoyed reading your posts, but was sorry that about hearing that your daughter was one of Tony Alamo's victims. I am a mom too, and I know how mother's feel when their kids are hurt.
Carol, I started thinking that just posting on the Fouke forum about the Alamo cult might be a little limiting to get the word out to the public to warn others, because Fouke is a small town, and it's mostly the people who live there that post, and they already know what's going on. So that's why I have started posting in some of the larger cities, and I noticed that almost immediately, the posts were flagged and removed. That means to me that someone from Alamo's cult are monitoring the posts on the bigger cities and flagging posts, just like they did here.
I don't dare say who, and can't name names,for security sake, but there is a person who I've been trying to help who was in the cult for 30 years, who was first in Tony's and Susan's inner circle, and later Tony's after she died, and was suicidal when Tony kicked them out and told them they were reprobate, and completely went off the deep end........they really believed it for a long time and is still going thru "withdrawals" and hasn't healed emotionally or spiritually. Still messed up by so many years of brainwashing.

People all over Arkansas need to know these things about the Alamo cult, not just in the tiny town of Fouke where they are going thru hell right now because of the cults presense.
Carol

Fort Smith, AR

#7 Jun 19, 2007
Yes thats me. Alamo has setups in cities all over the country. Theyve been in Dallas, Nashville, Miami, Pheonix, Chicago. Im sure they have set their tentacles further by now. I think I posted a site of armfulofhelp at one point to look at. I was full of information. But Ive been informed that Tony has bought that site. So it is now for armfulofhelp instead of revealing problems with the foundation. Im sorry I didnt answer you right away, I spend alot of my time over on Firesociety forum, a conservative site. Its a shame that so many, expecially the children that have been abused in that place, have litterally been driven away from God because Tony said he spoke for God. I could not even imagine what it was like growing up as my daughter, being abused by her dad , then sent away for safety reasons and taken by a filthy pedephile pastor for a wife. And to think hes even taken some way younger...like 10 years old. I couldnt fathom what a child like that experiences in fear and pain.
worm-can opener

United States

#9 Jun 23, 2007
Greetings, Carol and Shekanahh !! I was reading Elishah's escape story, once again- honestly, it's movie material, the way she escaped is like a thrilling, suspensful movie, where you're on the edge of your seat-hoping she isn't caught-and gets away !! and she did !! I love her story. That had to have been the crowning glory of her entire life, to get into the car with Steve- to FREEDOM !!!
My son Harald also has an escape story. He got moved into the brothers' dorm, the one by Elishah's house, when he was 14. When Dale and Harald replaced two of the brothers on their night-watch- they jumped on their bikes, and fled down that same dark, desolate country road. Harald told me that they weren't even tired, after peddling their bikes, all the way to Alma !! that he could have rode his bike for miles farther.(I now see that the Lord had his hand in the move to the brothers' dorm )at the time, I was very upset, and cried, because Toe-Knee had taken my child, and put him there, with grown men. Harald now has been married, since the age of 21, has 2 children, ages 5 and 8 !! the Lord knows what he's doing !! he's the one with the master-plans for our lives. I'm sure that even our experiences at the "perv-org" will be turned around, to God's glory !! Claudia
Carol

Fort Smith, AR

#10 Jun 24, 2007
I think that was Eliza was it not? Her mom was having a huge problem with drugs. Not too long ago I found out she was homeless and didnt know about the drugs. I went and got her. She would shake at night and was so scared she would cry. She would wake up my daughter in the middle of the night and tell her demons were trying to get in her window. She wanted my daughter to get up with her and cast the demons out. I rebuked her and told her she was not to do that to my children and she got extremely angry. I told her she needed to wake me if she had a problem and not my children. She refused. I promptly brought her back to the shelter I found her in. That is where shortly after she was stabbed to death.
I agree Claudia, he will turn it around to His glory. He gives us the tools to work with and life is what we make it. When we trust in Him and do our best to obey Him, he will work with us all the way.
Stop Cults in Arkansas

AOL

#11 Jul 1, 2007
worm-can opener wrote:
Greetings, Carol and Shekanahh !! I was reading Elishah's escape story, once again- honestly, it's movie material, the way she escaped is like a thrilling, suspensful movie, where you're on the edge of your seat-hoping she isn't caught-and gets away !! and she did !! I love her story. That had to have been the crowning glory of her entire life, to get into the car with Steve- to FREEDOM !!!
My son Harald also has an escape story. He got moved into the brothers' dorm, the one by Elishah's house, when he was 14. When Dale and Harald replaced two of the brothers on their night-watch- they jumped on their bikes, and fled down that same dark, desolate country road. Harald told me that they weren't even tired, after peddling their bikes, all the way to Alma !! that he could have rode his bike for miles farther.(I now see that the Lord had his hand in the move to the brothers' dorm )at the time, I was very upset, and cried, because Toe-Knee had taken my child, and put him there, with grown men. Harald now has been married, since the age of 21, has 2 children, ages 5 and 8 !! the Lord knows what he's doing !! he's the one with the master-plans for our lives. I'm sure that even our experiences at the "perv-org" will be turned around, to God's glory !! Claudia
Hi Claudia and Carol,
Yes, indeed it was a spellbinding account of Elishah's escape from the Alamo cult. I'm glad that had a happy ending, and also your son's as well, Claudia.

How horrible to feel that fear that you might get caught and brought back, and maybe beaten for your punishment for the "sin" of wanting to be free.

I always REJOICE!! when I read of people making it out of there. I can only imagine what parents feel like when their kids are in that situation, or they aren't even allowed to see them.

Shekanahh

Lake Mary, FL

#13 Jul 4, 2007
Hi,

I am so interested in this story. I would love to know more about it. Has a book been written or is there another website where I can read this fascinating story? I have friends who were in a cultish situation and I was reading up on cults when I came across this forum. I live on the east coast, so I am not familiar with the Alamo Cult. My e-mail address is: str82heart@yahoo.com

Thank you!
Jen

Santa Clarita, CA

#16 Aug 15, 2007
My name is Jennifer and I work for The Steve Wilkos Show. Steve is a former US Marine, Chicago police officer and now the host of a nationally syndicated talk show where Steve sticks up for people and doles out his own version of justice.(You can read more about Steve at www.stevewilkos.com )

The great thing about this show (unlike so many out there) is that Steve is truly seeking to make a difference. His goal is to help people in need and to confront the "bad guy."

We are looking for real people who have real life stories- family members in crisis, abused women and children, out of control teens or gang members, pregnant teenagers, homeless people, addicts and their families, or anyone else who has nowhere else to turn. In your case, people who have been lured, trapped or kidnapped by a cult and either they or their family, etc. want to help them get out.

Having checked out your site, we are hoping you may know some people in trouble that might be a good match for Steve and the help he can provide. If you would be willing to speak to us about this possibility, please email me or call me at the number below. This show takes a very positive approach towards helping those in need and I hope that we can work in tandem with your organization.

Thanks for the consideration. I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Jen
Stevewilkosshow@gmail.com

"Many of the guests who come on my show are facing serious problems and are crying out for help from someone who has their best interests at heart... I believe the morale code I was taught during my Marine training, the street smarts I picked up as a police officer, and the patience and compassion I have developed from becoming a father have prepared me to help my guests get through the hard times they are facing." - Steve Wilkos
AlanB

Maitland, FL

#17 Aug 29, 2007
Guest wrote:
Hi,
I am so interested in this story. I would love to know more about it. Has a book been written or is there another website where I can read this fascinating story? I have friends who were in a cultish situation and I was reading up on cults when I came across this forum. I live on the east coast, so I am not familiar with the Alamo Cult. My e-mail address is: str82heart@yahoo.com
Thank you!
You're best bet is to do a google search on Tony Alamo. You will find scads of information on him. At one time he did have a chuirch in Miami, and when he was arrested in the 90's, he was hiding out in Tampa, under an assumed name.
AlanB

Maitland, FL

#18 Aug 29, 2007
Jen wrote:
My name is Jennifer and I work for The Steve Wilkos Show. Steve is a former US Marine, Chicago police officer and now the host of a nationally syndicated talk show where Steve sticks up for people and doles out his own version of justice.(You can read more about Steve at www.stevewilkos.com )
The great thing about this show (unlike so many out there) is that Steve is truly seeking to make a difference. His goal is to help people in need and to confront the "bad guy."
We are looking for real people who have real life stories- family members in crisis, abused women and children, out of control teens or gang members, pregnant teenagers, homeless people, addicts and their families, or anyone else who has nowhere else to turn. In your case, people who have been lured, trapped or kidnapped by a cult and either they or their family, etc. want to help them get out.
Having checked out your site, we are hoping you may know some people in trouble that might be a good match for Steve and the help he can provide. If you would be willing to speak to us about this possibility, please email me or call me at the number below. This show takes a very positive approach towards helping those in need and I hope that we can work in tandem with your organization.
Thanks for the consideration. I hope to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,
Jen
Stevewilkosshow@gmail.com
"Many of the guests who come on my show are facing serious problems and are crying out for help from someone who has their best interests at heart... I believe the morale code I was taught during my Marine training, the street smarts I picked up as a police officer, and the patience and compassion I have developed from becoming a father have prepared me to help my guests get through the hard times they are facing." - Steve Wilkos
Unfortunately, the people in need here are still in the cult, and there is no reaching them.
Dyann

Grass Valley, CA

#19 Sep 27, 2007
Hey, tell Steve there are plenty of people to contact in Utah, Colorado, and Arizona with the FLDS.
Tell him to just drive up to anyone in period costume under the age of 21 and they will DEFINATELY need rescuing.
Sorry. I don't think Steve Wilkos or any unlicensed professional (Unless they are a very grounded Christian) is equipped to do actual rescues in this town.
Better to go about it legally.
Dyann

Grass Valley, CA

#20 Sep 27, 2007
And I'm no where near Sacramento
How'd that get there?

“yeah i'm a redneck”

Since: Sep 07

benton ar. but i'm everywhere

#21 Sep 27, 2007
hey ya'll, i'm glad i stumbled across this forum. i was raised in alma ar. as a kid. an i remember when the alamo bunch showed up in town. my granny thought the world of that man, at first. then after about a year or so she figured out he was a con-man. but not before that s**t-eating dog of a human had conned her out of several thousand dallars. and she was always wondering why no one in town would sell him any land other than the first couple of parcels on hwy 71 just up from I40. the other old folks in town knew what he was soon as he showed up. thats why him an that ol witch he was with bought up all that land in dyer ar., then had thier "flock" move there. out numbering the locals. first election after that they controlled that little town. my granny was so ashamed of herself for being fooled by this weasel. she was considering sending me to thier school, because she really thought he could help a troubled kid, like me at the time. gosh i'm so glad she figuered that guy out. as i turned out fine without him. to be countinued.... oh an i have no clue why it says i'm in wisconsin. still an arkansas boy.

“yeah i'm a redneck”

Since: Sep 07

benton ar. but i'm everywhere

#22 Sep 27, 2007
it's terrible to hear bout what that dirt bag alamo has done to so many good folks looking for a little help in life an faith. but this is what happens when we follow blindly into anything.but i remember this clown coming to the table an greeting my granny like she was his best friend. looking like elvis in them rhinestone glasses. i always thought he was funny looking, an then susan would come up too. that woman looked like ten miles of bad road. an to this day i cannot figure out how anybody that looked like some of my dads old drinking buddies could get people to follow them anywhere, much less to church. but i reckon since i was only a kid then i just didn't understand. but i do now an have taught my children to recognize and shun those type of people. no cons no b.s. my boys are big enuff to wreck ya head if ya even try any thing like that with them. an i'm sure most of the folks in alma figure i'm dead or in prison by now but i ain't. and i've managed to help several people git away from an out of bad situations over the yrs. my only stipulation is, if they slip back into what ever it was i helped them out of don't ask for my help agin. oh i know, give them a second chance. but i was the second chance, therefore i'm done. especially if they went back willingly. but folks that got sucked in by those two cons are in a worse place than most ,if they fell for thier b.s.. but need help gitting out. just wish i were able to help. i can only listen these days tho, as my life is almost to busy even for me.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#23 Dec 12, 2007
Guest wrote:
Hi,
Thank you!
Don'now if you found your answer or not but check out:
tonyalamonews.com
and the fouke, AR forum on this site for LOTS more information.
Peace to you - Guest

Location hidden

#24 Feb 25, 2008
info@asp.arkansas.gov
(email direct to the Arkansas State Police)
On the subject line put Winford Phillips ( he's the director)
Please send your personal thoughts and fears about the Fouke Cult Leader/Pedophile/Polygamist in his State.
There have been plenty of 'expose's done by independent journalists. Here are just a few.

Feel free to copy/paste these sites into your email to the Director of Arkansas State Police.

http://www.tonyalamonews.com/
http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2007/10/16/bad -...
http://tainformation.blogspot.com/
http://www.arktimes.com/Articles/ArticleViewe ...
http://www.arktimes.com/Articles/ArticleViewe ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

Location hidden

#25 Mar 1, 2008
Survivor's Testimony

Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 1:57 am:

My visits to the prison continued for the next five weeks. It was during this time I realized who Tony Alamo really was and just how sick, demented, perverted, and ungodly he really was.
Over the course of my visits, I did ask him to explain to me how it was okay to marry sisters along with many more questions. His answers were even more unbelievable. He told me that he was confused when he told my sister she was to be a wife and that the Lord really wanted it to me. I asked him if it was okay in the eyes of God to marry children. His response was that as long as they were at the age of puberty, then it was fine.. I was sickened.

During my visits to come I only saw a very perverted man who would molest these young girls. He wasn’t the man of God I had believed he was. I was so confused and disappointed. The man that I thought was a man of God was some sick pervert who could care less about anyone but himself.

I started to become very ill. I didn’t know what was wrong with me. I soon found out that I was pregnant. I was so upset. Here I am with my two children in some freaky house with a bunch of brainwashed women and now I find out I pregnant! I didn’t know what to do. The thought of being Tony’s wife along with nine others and raising three children at only nineteen was overwhelming. I realized I could only do one thing and that was to take one day at a time.

The news of my pregnancy was told to Tony on one of his calls to the house. He didn’t say much. I continued to visit. During this time, Tony was writing tracts. The wives were forced to stay up all hours of the night looking up scriptures and assisting with the tract writing. It wasn’t getting done fast enough so we all were all put on a ten day fast. I asked Tony if I was supposed to fast too (as I was pregnant) and he said yes and that it wouldn’t hurt my baby. Unknown to me at that time, I was carrying twins.

I came to the conclusion that there was only one way out. One day I decided after arriving at the prison that I wasn’t going to go in. I told Sharon (one of the wives) that I refused to go in and to please give a note that I had written to Tony. In the note I explained that it wasn’t in my heart to be one of the wives and begged for Tony to let me go.

I thank God to this day that he answered my prayers. Tony let me go. I was flown back to Saugus, California with my two children. I asked Tony for money, as I had nowhere to go and had two babies and was pregnant. He gave me $ 500 and told me to keep my mouth shut about everything. I was dropped off at a mission in Hollywood were I tracked down my husband. I, shortly afterwards, miscarried one of my twins. I had no place to go, no idea of where or what to do with my life or how I was going to provide for my children. All I knew was that I would make it and that I was FREE from the clutches of Tony Alamo.

Well, needless to say, I made it and I have no regrets. I thank God everyday that he gave me the courage to say no.

Sincerely,
Cindi Jo Angulo

Location hidden

#26 Mar 1, 2008
To Whom It May Concern;
I, Cindi Jo Angulo,(aka Cindi Jo Franckiewicz) was born and raised in the Tony and Susan Alamo Christian Foundation. I am the oldest of four siblings. Knowing no other life, I thought my life was good. We had our own school, cafeteria, recreational center and ,of course ,church. As I got older things started to change. Tony’s wife, Susan had passed away and Tony remarried. I remember vividly playing on the playground and seeing Tony’s limo pull up. He got out with his expensive furs and diamonds. His wife decked out as well. Everybody stood around him as if he were God. That’s when things really started to change. Tony, shortly afterwards, remarried and then remarried again. He was going through one wife after another.
Things started to change for the worse. I lived in fear that if anything I did could possibly be misconstrued or twisted, there was the fear of being beaten.. It was a fear that became a reality so many times. When I look back now, I, as well as the other children, never deserved those beatings.

Location hidden

#27 Mar 1, 2008
...continued

Shortly after the raid in 1991 the members of the church started to come back together. I was 14 years old at that time. Still brainwashed, I did whatever I was told to do. I looked up to Tony as if he was Gods right hand man. Tony was in hiding during this time but he still controlled the church through tape messages and his right hand men.
The girls my age were all being married off to older men in the church. I knew my time was near. Sure enough, I was married too. I never knew this man I married or anything about him except that it was supposedly of the Lord for me to marry him, and how dare I question that!?. I was fifteen years old. At eighteen I had two children and two miscarriages. Birth control wasn’t an option.
Meanwhile the church and Tony was just becoming more and more corrupt. Tony had become a polygamist and was marrying girls my age. During this time he was finally caught and sent to prison for tax fraud and other things. Once again, he still ran and operated the church through phone and message tapes. His 9 wives, at the time , moved to Colorado Springs, Colorado to be close to the prison and would visit him almost daily.
During this time, I lived in Moffet ,Oklahoma. It was close to Fort Smith, Arkansas. We had a church in Fort Smith (Glory land Christian Church), in which I worked. My husband (at the time) was sent to California on a construction job. I stayed with my two children in Moffet, Oklahoma (church property) and continued to work in the church office. After a few months, I and a couple of the other wives were given permission to move to California and live on church property there so we could be with our husbands, as the construction jobs kept coming.
The church property in which we stayed was hardly livable. There was no electricity, running water and the duplexes were infested with roaches, mice and rats. We had blow- up mattresses and blankets and cooked with propane stoves and brought water to wash dishes and bathe. It was unbelievable. The property had been vacant for years and this was where we were supposed to stay. Meanwhile all the money that our husbands made was being shipped directly to Tony’s wives in Colorado Springs.
It wasn’t too long afterwards that my husband was caught with pornography and had made a 900 while he was still living in Moffet , Oklahoma that was subsequently tracked down to him. He was at that time kicked out or told to leave the church. He was dropped off at a mission in Van Nuys, Ca. I was told I could stay. A couple days later, I got a message from Tony that I could chose either to go back to Arkansas and live in Moffet or go to Colorado Springs with Tony’s wives. I chose to go back and live in Moffet. My message back was that God wanted me to go to Colorado. Having no chose I was flown along with my two children from LAX to Colorado Springs, Colorado where I was escorted to Tony’s house where all his wives lived. To my surprise, one of my sisters, Katrinna,(only 11 years old ), was living there along with the other ˜wives". Katrinna told me she was married to Tony.

Location hidden

#28 Mar 1, 2008
Posted by msweezell (msweezell) on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 4:37 pm

I actually stood there and watched with my own eyes, a young child 13 years old being led by his parents into Tony Alamo’s house shaking with fear. A look on his face I can see to this day, I had no Idea what was going to happen next. I didn’t know what I was about to witness was a ritual. I just happened to be in the office. Aaron Willis (your wife Lydia’s relative) was taken into the Big room, the one with the mirrored walls... And one door slammed shut... Tony Alamo already had his men in place before the child arrived. The office was buzzing with people, phones ringing, Sue G making tapes, Rob S coordinating tree crew, Gorbs in the corner reading the mail, LaRoache with the finance list in hand, Ann Mac screaming about the screamers. Tommy Scarcello with a bad tuna deal in hand, Bob Strite, flexing his only muscle, getting ready to hammer a 13 yr old kid. And the list goes on...

There was almost no dialog, didn’t even let the boy speak, the sentence was in. The one man Jury, Tony Alamo had passed judgment and ordered the execution of punishment. to be administered by 5 men,(hardly the right word) 4 holding the boy face down, spread eagle, 2 men holding his legs apart, 2 men holding his arms out stretched, and one with a board so big I gasped, and the second door shut Then through the closed doors the sound of that board shattering across that child’s body, I thought Oh My God please stop!...And it went on and on and on! Tony calling out “Whose keeping count? 40 more!!!”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arkansas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jon Stewart Mocks Critics of the Supreme Court'... 14 min Yakitori 8
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 23 min polymath257 9,192
What Happened to Morgan Nick of Alma, Arkansas? (Jun '07) 12 hr dorothy 50
News Cheers and Jeers: Tuesday 23 hr Silly Pride 1
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) Jun 28 Benito 30,926
Election Who's got your vote in the Arkansas Attorney Ge... (Oct '14) Jun 27 VPN Momma 13
News Duggar records shouldn't have been released, Ar... Jun 26 Golick Yurlollipop 4
More from around the web