Aided by scandal, Dems fighting math ...

Aided by scandal, Dems fighting math and history in Alabama

There are 61 comments on the WFIE-TV Evansville story from Dec 9, 2017, titled Aided by scandal, Dems fighting math and history in Alabama. In it, WFIE-TV Evansville reports that:

FILE - In this Dec. 5, 2017 photo, former Alabama Chief Justice and U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore speaks at a campaign rally, in Fairhope Ala. Alabama voters pick between Republican Roy Moore and Democrat Doug Jones o... .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFIE-TV Evansville.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Sad but True

Beverly, MA

#1 Dec 9, 2017
Roy Moore will win because of the scandal just the way Trump got a boost from his bragging.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#2 Dec 9, 2017
Or, Roy will win because the liberals have run out of play-doh in their safe places and voters won't give them anymore.
Retribution

Hockessin, DE

#3 Dec 9, 2017
Does the Alabama voting commission still question potential voters on the exact number of bubbles in a bar of ivory soap to qualify for voter registration credentials?
ThomasA

Guntersville, AL

#4 Dec 9, 2017
Retribution wrote:
Does the Alabama voting commission still question potential voters on the exact number of bubbles in a bar of ivory soap to qualify for voter registration credentials?
Dat soundz like sumting youse guyz would come up wid!
Retribution

Hockessin, DE

#5 Dec 9, 2017
Unless we get 400K+ jobs created in the final month of 2017, this year will be the worse job creation in the last 5 years.

2013 - 2.3M
2014 - 3.0M
2015 - 2.7M
2016 - 2.2M
2017 - 1.8M + Dec
Geezer

United States

#6 Dec 10, 2017
Retribution wrote:
Unless we get 400K+ jobs created in the final month of 2017, this year will be the worse job creation in the last 5 years.

2013 - 2.3M
2014 - 3.0M
2015 - 2.7M
2016 - 2.2M
2017 - 1.8M + Dec
What you don't account for is that most of the jobs created under Trump are manufacturing jobs returned from abroad rather than the fast food and & low paying retail jobs under Obama.
Any simple Google search returns those statistics.

el rey de los campesinos

Since: Aug 17

Location hidden

#7 Dec 10, 2017
Geezer wrote:
<quoted text>
What you don't account for is that most of the jobs created under Trump are manufacturing jobs returned from abroad rather than the fast food and & low paying retail jobs under Obama.
Any simple Google search returns those statistics.
Yeah right yet you can't provide them.

But Obama's economic successes were always claimed for the Republicans... by Republicans of course, well-known pathological liars.

GOP policies trashed the economy in 2008 as in 1929. Trickle-down doesn't work. Tax cuts for the rich screw the lower classes.

Only some seriously amoral miscreants would support that crap.
Geezer

United States

#8 Dec 10, 2017
el rey de los campesinos wrote:
<quoted text>

Yeah right yet you can't provide them.

But Obama's economic successes were always claimed for the Republicans... by Republicans of course, well-known pathological liars.

GOP policies trashed the economy in 2008 as in 1929. Trickle-down doesn't work. Tax cuts for the rich screw the lower classes.

Only some seriously amoral miscreants would support that crap.
I could provide them but if I can do a simple Google search for the information, so can you.
To use your rhetoric, prove that GOP policies trashed the economy, especially during the times the Democrats held all 3 branches of government.

el rey de los campesinos

Since: Aug 17

Location hidden

#9 Dec 10, 2017
Geezer wrote:
<quoted text>
I could provide them but if I can do a simple Google search for the information, so can you.
To use your rhetoric, prove that GOP policies trashed the economy, especially during the times the Democrats held all 3 branches of government.
Since you love google so much, look for a film by Robert Reich which explains it very well.

Cut taxes for the rich, running up deficit, de-regulating corporations, what the hell do you THINK would happen with such mad policies?

Govt catering only to the RICH will create a 3rd-world society with a weak middle class and a lot of authoritarianism. In this country we worked very hard to get rights for workers, a better life for all, and that is being gradually pissed away by the Republicans.
Cordwainer Trout

Brooks, KY

#10 Dec 10, 2017
It is ridiculous to think, or claim, that Democrats are "aided by scandal", when overwhelmingly the scandals are their own. It is gag me with a spoon time, when those responsible for 58 Million human babies being slaughtered for convenience and lustfulness suddenly pull out some morality card peppered with falsehoods and viciousness. They are responsible for hundreds of thousands of tortured deaths because of their promotion and implementation of euthanasia and their infection of the nation with HIV/AIDS. They indoctrinate primary school aged children to be homosexuals and to mock the wisdom of generations concerning the downfall of fornication. They have spoiled Art in the foulest ways. They have promoted and validated taking drugs that alter mental processes and thinking abilities. All of these horrors have been pushed on society by the so-called "Liberal", primarily Democrat mind, which believes in social engineering, traditional family destruction and perpetually inflated, doomed economies. Yet, these are the people playing a morality card.
Retribution

Hockessin, DE

#11 Dec 10, 2017
Geezer wrote:
<quoted text>
What you don't account for is that most of the jobs created under Trump are manufacturing jobs returned from abroad rather than the fast food and & low paying retail jobs under Obama.
Any simple Google search returns those statistics.
Actually dince February they're food service jobs. Fast foods, porters, dish washer and wait staff.

Of the 228,000 in Nov 31,000 were related to manufacturing. That don't qualify as most in a rational mind.

Feel free to review the monthly Bureau of Labor Statistics monthly employment reports at their web portal. bsl.gov
Retribution

Hockessin, DE

#12 Dec 10, 2017
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
It is ridiculous to think, or claim, that Democrats are "aided by scandal", when overwhelmingly the scandals are their own. It is gag me with a spoon time, when those responsible for 58 Million human babies being slaughtered for convenience and lustfulness suddenly pull out some morality card peppered with falsehoods and viciousness. They are responsible for hundreds of thousands of tortured deaths because of their promotion and implementation of euthanasia and their infection of the nation with HIV/AIDS. They indoctrinate primary school aged children to be homosexuals and to mock the wisdom of generations concerning the downfall of fornication. They have spoiled Art in the foulest ways. They have promoted and validated taking drugs that alter mental processes and thinking abilities. All of these horrors have been pushed on society by the so-called "Liberal", primarily Democrat mind, which believes in social engineering, traditional family destruction and perpetually inflated, doomed economies. Yet, these are the people playing a morality card.
perpetually inflated, doomed economies?

Seems you didn't take into account every economic recession in the United States hàs come as a result of Republican tax cuts and fiscal policies.

Can you list an economic recession that didn't occure following Republican hodge podge with the fiscal policies?

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#13 Dec 10, 2017
Retribution wrote:
Unless we get 400K+ jobs created in the final month of 2017, this year will be the worse job creation in the last 5 years.

2013 - 2.3M
2014 - 3.0M
2015 - 2.7M
2016 - 2.2M
2017 - 1.8M + Dec
Fertilizer Larry, pure fertilizer.

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#14 Dec 10, 2017
Retribution wrote:
<quoted text>

Actually dince February they're food service jobs. Fast foods, porters, dish washer and wait staff.

Of the 228,000 in Nov 31,000 were related to manufacturing. That don't qualify as most in a rational mind.

Feel free to review the monthly Bureau of Labor Statistics monthly employment reports at their web portal. bsl.gov
Washington Post reporter apologizes for 'bad tweet' after Trump calls him out
Dave Weigel, the Post's reporter, apologized for his "bad tweet" after President Trump repeatedly called him out by name and said he should be fired for posting a misleading photo about the crowd size during Friday’s rally.

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#15 Dec 10, 2017
el rey de los campesinos wrote:
<quoted text>

Since you love google so much, look for a film by Robert Reich which explains it very well.

Cut taxes for the rich, running up deficit, de-regulating corporations, what the hell do you THINK would happen with such mad policies?

Govt catering only to the RICH will create a 3rd-world society with a weak middle class and a lot of authoritarianism. In this country we worked very hard to get rights for workers, a better life for all, and that is being gradually pissed away by the Republicans.
A film..........your lies about only catering to the rich is so much crap that you have used for 40 years. Anyone that can read and google can see your fake news is just that. Across the board tax cuts favor all..........except those that don't pay taxes like you.

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#16 Dec 10, 2017
el rey de los campesinos wrote:
<quoted text>

Yeah right yet you can't provide them.

But Obama's economic successes were always claimed for the Republicans... by Republicans of course, well-known pathological liars.

GOP policies trashed the economy in 2008 as in 1929. Trickle-down doesn't work. Tax cuts for the rich screw the lower classes.

Only some seriously amoral miscreants would support that crap.
Prove it cumquat.
Retribution

Hockessin, DE

#17 Dec 10, 2017
Geezer wrote:
<quoted text>
I could provide them but if I can do a simple Google search for the information, so can you.
To use your rhetoric, prove that GOP policies trashed the economy, especially during the times the Democrats held all 3 branches of government.
The economy crashed in 2007-2008 immediately after 10 years of Republican majorities in the House that passed historic trickle down tax cuts, draconian deregulation policies

The Republican majority reigned from 1995 until 2007, beginning with the repeal of Glass/ Steagall in 95-96 and the 1995 first revision of the CRA up until George Bush's 5th year of rising unemployment, insatiable spending and mountinng budget deficits
Retribution

Hockessin, DE

#18 Dec 10, 2017
CodeTalker wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it cumquat.
You living in Oklahoma where the median household income is $48,568 will see a Trump "Big Fat Tax Cut" of on average a 1.4% tax cut and $505.00 annually as your much awaited Christmas present, if the legislation passes Congress

$42.00 a month calculated by the Oklahoma median wage in the government's data mine.

You can splurge on a 12 pack at week's end.

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#19 Dec 10, 2017
Retribution wrote:
<quoted text>

The economy crashed in 2007-2008 immediately after 10 years of Republican majorities in the House that passed historic trickle down tax cuts, draconian deregulation policies

The Republican majority reigned from 1995 until 2007, beginning with the repeal of Glass/ Steagall in 95-96 and the 1995 first revision of the CRA up until George Bush's 5th year of rising unemployment, insatiable spending and mountinng budget deficits
Yawn

Clinton’s Legacy: The Financial and Housing Meltdown
Clinton sowed the seeds of the Great Recession by helping to inflate the housing bubble.

Sheldon Richman | October 14, 2012

The former president is treated like an elder statesman whose tenure in office was so good that even some Republicans look back fondly on it. On the surface his economic record looks good, but it would be rash to credit Clinton. During his time in office the information revolution took off, boosting productivity and economic growth. And when his Democratic Party lost control of Congress in 1992, Clinton had to accept spending restraints, which meant less government obstruction to economic growth.
Clinton, however, sowed the seeds of the Great Recession by helping to inflate the housing bubble, a key part of the financial debacle of 2007. But this wasn’t because he (not George W. Bush) signed two financial deregulation bills. Although Clinton legalized interstate banking in 1994 and commercial/investment banking combinations in 1999, that had nothing to do with the meltdown.

Then why is Clinton culpable? Because his secretary of housing and urban development, Andrew Cuomo, current governor of New York and a likely 2016 presidential aspirant, accelerated easy-housing policies and inflated the housing bubble, setting the stage for its collapse.

The meltdown was the consequence of a combination of the easy money and low interest rates engineered by the Federal Reserve and the easy housing engineered by a variety of government agencies and policies. Those agencies include the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and two nominally private “government-sponsored enterprises”(GSEs), Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The agencies — along with laws such as the Community Reinvestment Act (passed in the 1970s, then fortified in the Clinton years), which required banks to make loans to people with poor and nonexistent credit histories — made widespread homeownership a national goal. This all led to a home-buying frenzy and an explosion of subprime and other non-prime mortgages, which banks and GSEs bundled into dubious securities and peddled to investors worldwide. Hovering in the background was the knowledge that the federal government would bail out troubled “too-big-to-fail” financial corporations, including Fannie and Freddie.

The housing boom could last for a while, but the bust was inevitable. When the Fed raised interest rates, things went kaboom. The Great Recession was on; we’re still suffering its effects. Without these government housing and monetary policies, the crisis would never have occurred.
Retribution

Hockessin, DE

#20 Dec 10, 2017
CodeTalker wrote:
<quoted text>
A film..........your lies about only catering to the rich is so much crap that you have used for 40 years. Anyone that can read and google can see your fake news is just that. Across the board tax cuts favor all..........except those that don't pay taxes like you.
Do your own math using your income.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alabama Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sen. Jeff Sessions Wears 'Make America Great Ag... (Aug '15) Oct 15 Billaryfartbreath 81
News 3 GOP women lead campaign for anti-abortion ame... Oct 15 cpeter1313 1
News Alabama eyeing constitutional amendment on abor... Oct 15 cpeter1313 1
News Court to explore competency claim of ailing Ala... Oct 2 Liberal Larry 4
News Mexico's Sinaloa drug cartel leaving deadly mar... Oct 2 ThomasA 19
News Black female Democrats urge party to rethink fu... Sep 25 Supremeliberal 44
Election Who's got your vote in the Alabama Senate race? (Nov '14) Sep 24 Disgusted 14