Nicholas Hughes Suicide Adds New Chap...

Nicholas Hughes Suicide Adds New Chapter to Mother Sylvia Plath's Legacy

There are 8 comments on the story from Mar 24, 2009, titled Nicholas Hughes Suicide Adds New Chapter to Mother Sylvia Plath's Legacy. In it, reports that:

Nicholas Hughes, the youngest child of poet Sylvia Plath, hanged himself March 16 in Alaska.

Join the discussion below, or

New York, NY

#1 Mar 24, 2009
This recalls the question of whether or not depression is hereditary. Rest in peace.

New York, NY

#2 Mar 24, 2009
This is a tragedy, and it's sad that the media has gotten in such a tizzy about it. He obviously was damaged by his mother's death.

Oregon City, OR

#3 Mar 24, 2009
I knew a family that had three siblings who committed suicide. Is it genetic, or the cumulative effect of grief?

Linden, NJ

#4 Mar 24, 2009
Janet, that's terrible. The aftermath of suicide in a close friend's family was devastating. I can't imagine that anyone who has experienced a loss from suicide would put their family members through it again by committing suicide themselves.

New York, NY

#5 Mar 25, 2009
Is this just a hideous extension of "learned helplessness ?" I don't know how well I'd cope with life if my father had chosen to deal with troubles of whatever ilk by killing himself.

New York, NY

#6 Mar 25, 2009

New York, NY

#7 Mar 29, 2009
There's a great organization that does fundraising for city wide walks to prevent suicide. It sounds like a really great group.
#8 Sep 25, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alaska Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bristol Palin is engaged (May '15) 5 hr Ritual Habitual 63
News Black Friday madness missing in rural Alaska co... 10 hr Barb 1
News Introducing the Arctic dinosaurs, T-Rex's 'weir... Nov 23 Fart news 6
ALASKA the HOME of ALL ABORIGINAL TRIBES ! Nov 23 Johnny Horton Ele... 2
MMA to Host MUSLIM vs. NUNS Cage Fight on PPV TV ! Nov 23 Sister Merry Beav... 2
News 'Alaskan Bush People' are 'On the Prowl' on Dis... (Feb '15) Nov 19 melissa48152 26
News Mayor Wythe running for Alaska Legislature Nov 18 Carrie 1
More from around the web