Fish Factor: Sea otters still troubling Southeast fishermen

Dec 14, 2011 Full story: Capital City Weekly

Sea otters are cleaning out valuable commercial fisheries in Southeast Alaska, and they have been at it for decades.

Full Story
Beth

Dillon, SC

#1 Dec 18, 2011
Well.....they were there first. That's my opinion. As Alaska is so bent on animal conservation, we are intruding on their territory. Let,s keep Alaska...Alaska!
1alaskachic

United States

#2 Jan 9, 2012
So it was better that sea otters were hunted to extinction. Prior to human intervention, ie;fishing industry-the natural world was in balance-we are reaping the results of unsustainable/unnatural harvesting of our oceans.
meela

Kansas City, MO

#3 Jan 14, 2012
1alaskachic wrote:
So it was better that sea otters were hunted to extinction. Prior to human intervention, ie;fishing industry-the natural world was in balance-we are reaping the results of unsustainable/unnatural harvesting of our oceans.
Your sister smells liek a dead otter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alaska Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i am h0rny 19.f Fri babygirlx19 1
looking for guys on skype Dec 24 jenniferisawesome4 1
Yukon Men: Is Tanana presented realistically en... (Aug '12) Dec 24 Philip 43
Sealaska lands legislation could move with defe... Dec 18 Jaimie 2
Good neighbor policy, not sanctions, works for ... Dec 8 Paul 2
To move to Alaska and live out my dream! Or is ... Nov '14 Alaskabound84 1
i want to move to Alaska, but I need a job first (May '12) Nov '14 James Hemming 4
More from around the web