Littlefishhook

Apex, NC

#184 May 3, 2008
I have been lucky enough to visit Alaska for a brief two weeks. My love for adventure and life contributed to falling in love with this vast array of wilderness. I have daydreamed about relocating to Alaska. Any advice on how one would even begin to research, plan this out?
Anchorage Chick

Perrysburg, OH

#185 May 9, 2008
I am getting ready to move to Anchorage and i need some help..i am trying to find a moving company that will not cost me an arm and a leg to pay...does anyone know of a good moving company that would get me from Ohio to Anchorage? And if anyone knows of a good place to look for an apartment (with pictures) or know how to get pictures of a place that is in the newspaper please let me know!

Thank you....I cant wait to move!
Jerry Powers

Broken Arrow, OK

#186 May 13, 2008
Way down here in Oklahoma, the only dangerious thing is chiggers . Hate them little buggers!
Alabama

Wellington, AL

#187 Jun 6, 2008
My husband and I are thinking about moving to ak, but we are not for sure about what to do. We both want a change in our life. But the thing is he wants a job up there before we move. So does anybody have anything that will help us to be able to find a job in AK.

Thank you
Kristina

Tampa, FL

#188 Jun 11, 2008
I was born/raised in AK. Met hubby in the Navy..now we live in Florida. I HATE HATE HATE it here. I am trying to talk him into moving to Alaska. I think it is starting to work. He is concerned about not being able to find work. Any Alaskans know a good place to find work? He was in the Navy 6 yrs as an MP, Now he is in the AF Reserves. Also...we are thinking about the cheapest way to move..selling our stuff maybe?
Maht

United States

#189 Jun 23, 2008
What about Mexicans? Are Mexicans Up there? Well, I ask because I am in Texas (we got Mexicans everywhere, and I like it) and looking to get a better paid job in Alaska. Besides, I've heard so much about Alaska that I do want to visit that place.
josh

Saylorsburg, PA

#191 Jul 30, 2008
lou wrote:
I personnally would be scared to death of Alaska. Isn't it true Alaska has some of the weakest gun control laws in the world? No permit for guns?
It must be a blood bath up there!
Are you being srio? or is this a bad joke? do you realize theres practically no one in alaska theres about a population of 100,000 over such a huge area(about 3/4 of the u.s.) you really think people run around shooting people. Maybe the reason theres weak gun control is because theres no reason for there to be. The only guns i'd worry about in alaska is if your hunting. dumbfucker.

“ Harm None Do What Ye Will”

Since: Jun 08

here

#192 Jul 31, 2008
how much are the average rent payments for a three bdrm house? and how do most landlords feel about pets?i live in a small town in kentucky and i actually hate it here. i would love to move somewhere that is peaceful and not so crowded.
Rudy L

Garland, TX

#193 Aug 1, 2008
lou wrote:
I personnally would be scared to death of Alaska. Isn't it true Alaska has some of the weakest gun control laws in the world? No permit for guns?
Wow! No stereotypcial fears here! More people die of violence in Chicago in a month and die in all of Alaska in a year. That's becasue we aren't victims of criminals. Alaska does regulate the carrying of firearms, and in some cases the regulations mandate that you have one.
MrsCindyWilson

AOL

#194 Aug 5, 2008
"We live south of Fairbanks in Delta Junction."

We are moving to AK next July and we are looking at property in Delta Junction. I'd love to talk with you about living in that area.
Wendy

Kunkletown, PA

#195 Aug 13, 2008
Am planning to relocate myself, 3 year old and stuff to Cordova....lived there years ago..but then only needed a backpack....any suggestions on shipping....
gym

Fairbanks, AK

#196 Aug 13, 2008
Were not a third world country up here! Its a great place to live! I am originally from Houston, TX and we are 8 years in. There is no way I could ever take my children back to those
overcrowded schools.

As for gun control, I haven't seen any shoot outs on Airport Way so I am guessing we are doing good for ourselves.

And on not leaving your house because it is "so" cold, that is a choice you make, everyone else wil be at work and continuing to live. Plus, it only stays really cold for a few days at a time not months.

No traffic jams, no road rage, clean air, don't be afraid. Its a great place to raise a family!
pastanoose

Dallas, TX

#197 Aug 14, 2008
lou wrote:
oh god yes! don't you read all the stories of the Eskimos slaughtering people and polar bears going on shooting rampages? more guns in society does not mean more violence, what it means is more ordinary people have a means to defend themselves from already armed criminals and dangerous wildlife.
Amanda

Saint Louis, MO

#198 Oct 19, 2008
In about a year and a half i will be finished with my degree and I am planning on moving to somewhere in Alaska. How far in advance should I start planning (like trying to find a job and a house and organizing a move) I live right in the middle of the states in St. Louis, MO. Also, my degree is in Culinary Arts so I would like to move to a city with a high tourist rate. I have been researching Fairbanks and it seems great, but I wanted to know if anyone else had some good suggestions. Thanks!

Since: Oct 08

United States

#199 Oct 30, 2008
How much money would one person need to be able just to take off to alaska and make it there cause i wana move there as soon as possible.
After 40

United States

#200 Nov 7, 2008
I'm a single parent with kids grown and on their way.... it's time dad gets to live his second life now.. so I kinda need some good advice. Worked in the mills young pulling green chain and everything inside the mill... I'm very mechanically inclined have been a master automotive tech for half my life worked for multiple City's in this field and waste water. I have been searching the net for jobs,rent,City's etc... I'm a big fisher,hunter,outdoors where I live it's somewhat the same without the so low temps so..... I want to move to Alaska and wonder what the would be my best way to go about it because after searching the net driving their isn't a option hear ... that's a another thing I have a DUI conviction that's a couple yrs old.. any help on any of this would be greatly praised!
Ausriel27

Canyon Country, CA

#201 Nov 11, 2008
Help on moving Ca to Alaska.Permanently Disabled with wife and 3 kids.
Ausriel27

Canyon Country, CA

#202 Nov 11, 2008
Disabled Permanently with wife and 3 kids
DiverDown

Killeen, TX

#203 Nov 17, 2008
I am intrigued and i'm trying to talk my wife into moving there what is the cost of living like?
Jobs ?
I'm looking more to the big city as I am an EMT. but I'm also an avid hunter so can you have the best of both worlds?
email me at jenkinsbradm@yahoo.com please if you have any intel.
STRO

Anchorage, AK

#204 Dec 20, 2008
IF YOUR LOOKING FOR ANY KIND OF NIGHT LIFE OR NICE LOOKING WOMAN DONT COME TO FAIRBANKS , WOMAN ARE THE WORST I HAVE SEEN AND I HAVE MONGERD IN OVER 51 COUNTRY , HANDS DOWN MONTANA IS MUTCH NICER AND THE PEOPLE ARE A LOT NICER

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alaska Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Offshore drilling plan in Alaska may restrict p... Wed TeaBagging for Am... 8
Alaska had to wait for civil government Jan 26 Ashwil 1
Obama to seek wilderness designation for Alaska... Jan 25 USA Today 1
Obama closes off much ofAlaska refuge to drilling Jan 25 USA Today 1
Girl Scouts of America And The Digital Cookie P... Jan 23 Del 1
Plunging oil prices force Alaska look for ways ... Jan 22 CrystalT 32
Alaska men rescue moose trappped in an avalanche Jan 14 Earthquake 2day 1
More from around the web