Opinion: Sarah Palin: How Congress Occupied Wall Street

Dow Jones Reprints: This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use only. To order presentation-ready copies for distribution to your colleagues, clients or customers, use the Order Reprints tool at the bottom of any article or visit www.djreprints.com Mark Twain famously wrote, "There is no distinctly native American criminal class except ... (more) Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
rider

Gwinn, MI

#21 Nov 27, 2011
Alaska Legislators with ALEC Ties

House of Representatives
Rep. Wes Keller (R-14), ALEC State Chairman[19][22][16], Education Task Force member and attendee at 2011 ALEC Annual Meeting[23]
Rep. Anna I. Fairclough (R-27); Tax and Fiscal Policy Task Force
Rep. Cathy E. Munoz (R-4); Commerce, Insurance and Economic Development Task Force
Rep. Bob Lynn (R-31); Public Safety and Elections Task Force
Rep. Mia Costello (R-27); Tax and Fiscal Policy Task Force
Rep. Carl J. Gatto (R-13), ALEC Civil Justice Task Force member, cited ALEC's "Freedom of Choice in Health Care Act," when he introduced his "Alaska Health Freedom Act" in 2011[23]
Read more: http://www.adn.com/2011/08/21/2025190/legisla...

Senate
Sen. Catherine A. Giessel (R-P); Tax and Fiscal Policy Task Force
Sen. Lesil McGuire (R-N); Tax and Fiscal Policy Task Force
Sen. Fred Dyson (R-I), ALEC Health and Human Services Task Force member, attended 2011 ALEC Annual Meeting[23]
Sen. John B. Coghill, Jr.(R-F); International Relations Task Force

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#22 Nov 27, 2011
rider wrote:
Alaska Legislators with ALEC Ties
House of Representatives
Rep. Wes Keller (R-14), ALEC State Chairman[19][22][16], Education Task Force member and attendee at 2011 ALEC Annual Meeting[23]
Rep. Anna I. Fairclough (R-27); Tax and Fiscal Policy Task Force
Rep. Cathy E. Munoz (R-4); Commerce, Insurance and Economic Development Task Force
Rep. Bob Lynn (R-31); Public Safety and Elections Task Force
Rep. Mia Costello (R-27); Tax and Fiscal Policy Task Force
Rep. Carl J. Gatto (R-13), ALEC Civil Justice Task Force member, cited ALEC's "Freedom of Choice in Health Care Act," when he introduced his "Alaska Health Freedom Act" in 2011[23]
Read more: http://www.adn.com/2011/08/21/2025190/legisla...
Senate
Sen. Catherine A. Giessel (R-P); Tax and Fiscal Policy Task Force
Sen. Lesil McGuire (R-N); Tax and Fiscal Policy Task Force
Sen. Fred Dyson (R-I), ALEC Health and Human Services Task Force member, attended 2011 ALEC Annual Meeting[23]
Sen. John B. Coghill, Jr.(R-F); International Relations Task Force
So?
Big Deal

ALSO present at various ALEC meetings are;

Bettye Davis, D-Anchorage
Rep. Lindsey Holmes, D-Anchorage
Rep. Scott Kawasaki, D-Fairbanks,
Senate Finance co-chairman Lyman Hoffman, D-Bethel

ALEC says it is a nonprofit advocacy group for free markets and limited government that counts as its members more than 2,000 state lawmakers as well as 300 private-sector members, including corporations, trade groups and nonprofits.

So, what's your point? Please tell me you have a point.
yeahbutt

United States

#23 Nov 28, 2011
So..the alec group models legislation that gets turned into laws that benefits it's members. Get it? The person called "corporation" is writing our laws now. See any possible conflict of interest? How about downright corruption?
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
Big Deal
ALSO present at various ALEC meetings are;
Bettye Davis, D-Anchorage
Rep. Lindsey Holmes, D-Anchorage
Rep. Scott Kawasaki, D-Fairbanks,
Senate Finance co-chairman Lyman Hoffman, D-Bethel
ALEC says it is a nonprofit advocacy group for free markets and limited government that counts as its members more than 2,000 state lawmakers as well as 300 private-sector members, including corporations, trade groups and nonprofits.
So, what's your point? Please tell me you have a point.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#24 Nov 28, 2011
yeahbutt wrote:
So..the alec group models legislation that gets turned into laws that benefits it's members. Get it? The person called "corporation" is writing our laws now. See any possible conflict of interest? How about downright corruption?<quoted text>
Your opinion of the matter is far from reality.
When one learns of what the clinics are all about and what subjects they deal with, you will learn that all it amounts to is proposals on how to become a more effective legislator when the individual legislators are arguing their own individual championed causes that are of concern to their individual constituants ... not the causes you accuse ALEC or more specifically, unnamed phantom "corporations" of manufacturing and force feeding to legislators for enactment.
Education on this matter would be in order for you as you falsely accuse with "facts" not in evidence.
ugly3rdgrader

Chicago, IL

#25 Nov 29, 2011
Yeah you're right. The alec organization spends millions just advising legislaters. Come on man the group models laws and encourages legislaters to enact them. Which may or may not be a conflict of interest. But when alec uses their money to pay for trips and meals and anything else our lawmakers want then there is a conflict of interest. And where do you get your facts, an astrologist?
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion of the matter is far from reality.
When one learns of what the clinics are all about and what subjects they deal with, you will learn that all it amounts to is proposals on how to become a more effective legislator when the individual legislators are arguing their own individual championed causes that are of concern to their individual constituants ... not the causes you accuse ALEC or more specifically, unnamed phantom "corporations" of manufacturing and force feeding to legislators for enactment.
Education on this matter would be in order for you as you falsely accuse with "facts" not in evidence.
ugly3rdgrader

Chicago, IL

#26 Nov 29, 2011
Also, aquarat. If the "concerns of the individual constituents" is not same as concerns for the people than it's undemocratic. what if the concerns are for war profiteering? Maybe you are right american politics is not corrupt........nah the government is corrupt and alec is a conflict of interest for the american public. Because it "concerns the individual constituents" not the general public.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#27 Nov 29, 2011
ugly3rdgrader wrote:
Also, aquarat. If the "concerns of the individual constituents" is not same as concerns for the people than it's undemocratic. what if the concerns are for war profiteering? Maybe you are right american politics is not corrupt........nah the government is corrupt and alec is a conflict of interest for the american public. Because it "concerns the individual constituents" not the general public.
You misunderstand dfue to my failure to express my meaning properly.
I should have written it "concerns of the idividual legislator's constituients" ... meaning the constituients (PLURAL) that elected the individual legilsators where ever they are from.
That would be the general public as you so uh, eloquently, point out.
My mistake.
ugly3rdgrader

Chicago, IL

#28 Dec 1, 2011
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand dfue to my failure to express my meaning properly.
I should have written it "concerns of the idividual legislator's constituients" ... meaning the constituients (PLURAL) that elected the individual legilsators where ever they are from.
That would be the general public as you so uh, eloquently, point out.
My mistake.
probem with that is voters are not part of the law making process but alec members are!
ugly3rdgrader

Chicago, IL

#30 Dec 1, 2011
Other corporate-friendly bills drafted by ALEC would require state governments to deregulate electric utilities, repeal minimum-wage laws, limit class-action lawsuits against companies, privatize public pensions, and compensate property owners for environmental regulations that restrict land use. The Electronic Government Securities Act, an ALEC-drafted bill being considered in seven states, would limit state governments from providing Internet services that compete with the private sector.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#31 Dec 1, 2011
ugly3rdgrader wrote:
Other corporate-friendly bills drafted by ALEC would require state governments to deregulate electric utilities, repeal minimum-wage laws, limit class-action lawsuits against companies, privatize public pensions, and compensate property owners for environmental regulations that restrict land use. The Electronic Government Securities Act, an ALEC-drafted bill being considered in seven states, would limit state governments from providing Internet services that compete with the private sector.
You think all those proposals are bad ideas?
Pick a couple and explain why you think each is a bad idea ... if you would.
Mike S

North Tonawanda, NY

#32 Dec 1, 2011
Sneaky Pete wrote:
Ahh, more typical liberal jealously over an educated, attractive, conservative woman. You libs are so predictable.
You're wrong as usual, but nice try though.
If palin looked like say Rosann Barr I wonder if you would have the same thoughts about her ,wait i can see Russia. HA... Ha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alaska Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sealaska lands legislation could move with defe... 4 hr Jaimie 2
Yukon Men: Is Tanana presented realistically en... (Aug '12) Dec 10 martinbraybrook 42
Good neighbor policy, not sanctions, works for ... Dec 8 Paul 2
To move to Alaska and live out my dream! Or is ... Nov 26 Alaskabound84 1
i want to move to Alaska, but I need a job first (May '12) Nov 26 James Hemming 4
I want to move to Alaska! (Nov '07) Nov '14 goodisor 88
Lawmaker says 'trickery' slipped Common Core in... Nov '14 Tamworth 1
More from around the web