Bill calls for more Alaska non-smokin...

Bill calls for more Alaska non-smoking areas

There are 67 comments on the KTOO-TV Juneau story from Feb 28, 2014, titled Bill calls for more Alaska non-smoking areas. In it, KTOO-TV Juneau reports that:

The measure by Anchorage Republican Lindsey Holmes includes a ban on electronic cigarettes, also known as e-cigarettes, in those places.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTOO-TV Juneau.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#1 Feb 28, 2014
Another day, another ban and this one includes e cigs.

I win, you lose
DumbDown4Knuckle Draggers

Winnipeg, Canada

#2 Mar 1, 2014
An its about time. Sad how we have this festering type in every locale. We need to create a brave new world wthout them.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#3 Mar 2, 2014
DumbDown4KnuckleDraggers wrote:
We need to create a brave new world wthout them.
How about you do that in some country that doesn't care about freedom, and leave mine alone.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#4 Mar 2, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>How about you do that in some country that doesn't care about freedom, and leave mine alone.
The great thing about this country is that we are a society of laws and the constitution provides us ways of creating new laws for the good of society. Smokers are addicts, a fringe of society, who would harm others if given the chance. We don't let patrons drink in the library, we don't let people piss in the street, we don't let people have sex on the restaurant table, we don't let waitresses with feces covered hands serve you food and we don't let smokers fill the air with hot, toxic fumes just so the can assuage the pangs of an addiction.
DumbDown4Knuckle Draggers

Winnipeg, Canada

#5 Mar 2, 2014
Stinky Peter wrote:
<quoted text>How about you do that in some country that doesn't care about freedom, and leave mine alone.
Say Alsaka dude...that is your country....snicker

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#6 Mar 2, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
The great thing about this country is that we are a society of laws and the constitution provides us ways of creating new laws for the good of society. Smokers are addicts, a fringe of society, who would harm others if given the chance. We don't let patrons drink in the library, we don't let people piss in the street, we don't let people have sex on the restaurant table, we don't let waitresses with feces covered hands serve you food and we don't let smokers fill the air with hot, toxic fumes just so the can assuage the pangs of an addiction.
Scores of businesses have been going smoke free for some time now on their own with the numbers growing exponentially with each passing year. I see no reason why if some hole in the wall bar wants to let it's patrons smoke, it can't do so. Especially nowadays when there's 50 non-smoking alternatives for every 1 of its smoking counterparts.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#7 Mar 2, 2014
DumbDown4KnuckleDraggers wrote:
<quoted text> Say Alsaka dude...that is your country....snicker
I don't recall "Alsaka" bring part of our Union.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#8 Mar 2, 2014
*being*. Stupid smart phone.
DumbDown4Knuckle Draggers

Winnipeg, Canada

#9 Mar 2, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
*being*. Stupid smart phone.
Sure blame the phone. My keyboard and spellcheck ruin my genius posts.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#10 Mar 2, 2014
DumbDown4KnuckleDraggers wrote:
<quoted text> Sure blame the phone. My keyboard and spellcheck ruin my genius posts.
Problem is, "bring" is a word. "Alsaka" isn't and therefore it was flagged but you chose to ignore it

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#11 Mar 2, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
The great thing about this country is that we are a society of laws and the constitution provides us ways of creating new laws for the good of society. Smokers are addicts, a fringe of society, who would harm others if given the chance. We don't let patrons drink in the library, we don't let people piss in the street, we don't let people have sex on the restaurant table, we don't let waitresses with feces covered hands serve you food and we don't let smokers fill the air with hot, toxic fumes just so the can assuage the pangs of an addiction.
By your reasoning, why aren't you demanding that we make concerts illegal? The excessive noise generated by attending these events are sure to contribute to hearing loss. Isn't making a "new law" prohibiting loud music contributing to the "good of society"??
DumbDown4Knuckle Draggers

Winnipeg, Canada

#12 Mar 3, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Problem is, "bring" is a word. "Alsaka" isn't and therefore it was flagged but you chose to ignore it
Who gives a fluck
ItsAFact

Hagerstown, MD

#13 Mar 3, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Problem is, "bring" is a word. "Alsaka" isn't and therefore it was flagged but you chose to ignore it
If Topix had Smell Check, Whining Pig and his pansy bud schmones would be blocked.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#14 Mar 3, 2014
ItsAFact wrote:
<quoted text> If Topix had Smell Check, Whining Pig and his pansy bud schmones would be blocked.
Good thing it doesn't. Your breath makes a beer and hard boiled egg fart feel less than. Air coming up from rotted lungs past babyshit colored phlegm and moving across piss yellow teeth with every breath you take has been declared and environmental hazard by the EPA. If you breathed directly on your screen, the screen would melt and Topix would not need a smell check.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#15 Mar 3, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>Good thing it doesn't. Your breath makes a beer and hard boiled egg fart feel less than. Air coming up from rotted lungs past babyshit colored phlegm and moving across piss yellow teeth with every breath you take has been declared and environmental hazard by the EPA. If you breathed directly on your screen, the screen would melt and Topix would not need a smell check.
Still waiting for you to address my post. What's the matter? Afraid of a little logic?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#16 Mar 3, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
The great thing about this country is that we are a society of laws and the constitution provides us ways of creating new laws for the good of society. Smokers are addicts, a fringe of society, who would harm others if given the chance. We don't let patrons drink in the library, we don't let people piss in the street, we don't let people have sex on the restaurant table, we don't let waitresses with feces covered hands serve you food and we don't let smokers fill the air with hot, toxic fumes just so the can assuage the pangs of an addiction.
"Smokers are addicts, a fringe of society, who would harm others if given the chance."

Completely unfounded.

Is this all you've got, bud?

Does this argument score points at your middle school?

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#17 Mar 3, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Scores of businesses have been going smoke free for some time now on their own with the numbers growing exponentially with each passing year. I see no reason why if some hole in the wall bar wants to let it's patrons smoke, it can't do so. Especially nowadays when there's 50 non-smoking alternatives for every 1 of its smoking counterparts.
Because second hand smoke is toxic. The changeover was going too slow. So we had to act through the use of legislation. Having a nicotine addict tell us what to do with nicotine is not a good idea. Sorry, but that is the way it is. Get used to it.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#18 Mar 3, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
Because second hand smoke is toxic. The changeover was going too slow. So we had to act through the use of legislation. Having a nicotine addict tell us what to do with nicotine is not a good idea. Sorry, but that is the way it is. Get used to it.
I've been a non-smoker my entire life...

You're avoiding my loud music argument. Is losing your hearing due to excessive speaker noise not a public hazard that needs to be outlawed too?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#19 Mar 3, 2014
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>
Because second hand smoke is toxic. The changeover was going too slow. So we had to act through the use of legislation. Having a nicotine addict tell us what to do with nicotine is not a good idea. Sorry, but that is the way it is. Get used to it.
It's only "toxic" contingent upon frequency of and level of exposure.

Same as many things.

"We". LOL.

"We" don't need you telling us how to live.

Go away.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#20 Mar 3, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been a non-smoker my entire life...
You're avoiding my loud music argument. Is losing your hearing due to excessive speaker noise not a public hazard that needs to be outlawed too?
If the loud music bleeds over into a neighbors yard, then, yes ban it. If music is going to be played above a certain level, then OSHA regulates it already:
https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show...

By the way, your argument is known as a "red herring"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alaska Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Sarah Palin support Ted Nugent Apr 3 Miami Mike 1
Younger women like dating Older men (Dec '12) Feb '18 Tom 3
I want to move to alaska (Jul '17) Feb '18 Tom 5
Where are the people who have gone missing Feb '18 A child of God 1
News Big quake and tsunami fears rattle temblor-pron... Jan '18 matter of time 1
News 'Alaskan Bush People' are 'On the Prowl' on Dis... (Feb '15) Dec '17 Sweetlady327414 73
News Small quake near Anchorage widely felt in Alaska (Jul '06) Dec '17 Chris Deile 3