Snowmachiners rescued near Bethel - KTVA

Snowmachiners rescued near Bethel - KTVA

There are 2 comments on the KTVA Anchorage story from Apr 1, 2009, titled Snowmachiners rescued near Bethel - KTVA. In it, KTVA Anchorage reports that:

The Alaska Army National Guard's 207th Aviation out of Bethel successfully recovered two lost snowmachiners 43-miles southwest of Bethel near Tuntuliak, Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVA Anchorage.

Richard Wisecarver

Wasilla, AK

#1 Apr 1, 2009
I was told by the elders never to travel doing white out blizzards. They always said to be prepared to camp when the visibility was lost. To many bad things can happen to those who travel during white outs. It is also said that the lost dead walk through the blinding snow and led the living astray. For what ever reasons I have spent more than a day camped out waiting for visiability to return. Those who fail to listen often have short lives. It can not be helped. I hope these men learned a lesson that will save them in the future. Richard Wisecarver
asdfkjalsd

United States

#2 Oct 13, 2010
Richard Wisecarver wrote:
I was told by the elders never to travel doing white out blizzards. They always said to be prepared to camp when the visibility was lost. To many bad things can happen to those who travel during white outs. It is also said that the lost dead walk through the blinding snow and led the living astray. For what ever reasons I have spent more than a day camped out waiting for visiability to return. Those who fail to listen often have short lives. It can not be helped. I hope these men learned a lesson that will save them in the future. Richard Wisecarver
sdfadfasdf

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alaska Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Love to chat with anyone that lives in Alaska Mon Ziggy-mommy 1
Kitchen Showrooms Midlands Sun desey001 1
Wooden Bedroom Furniture Sale Nov 23 nove004 1
Cheap Kitchens Units For Sale In North Wiltshir... Nov 17 kangchul 1
Cheap Kitchens Units For Sale in Slough Area UK Nov 16 nove003 1
Cheap Kitchen For Sale Slough Area UK Nov 10 nove002 1
Kitchen Cabinets For Sale In Slough Area UK Nov '16 Nove01 1
More from around the web