Weeklong Vampire Convention Set For Alaska Cruise Ship

Aug 28, 2011 Full story: FirstCoastNews 17

A week-long vampire convention on a cruise ship that will feature a vampire ball and costume contest is planned for scenic Southeast Alaska next summer.

Full Story

“Let her cry, for she's a Lady”

Since: Apr 08

Let her dream, she's a Child

#1 Aug 28, 2011
Uh, been there, read this... good grief, someone should fire Robo.

Cherish Your Loved Ones.

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#2 Aug 28, 2011
I watched Let Me In today... seems cold isn't a problem for little barefoot vampgirls...
Wishing you a very peaceful night and dreams that are as sweet as you...
((Love-N-Hugs))
*T*@}-'--,--

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#3 Aug 28, 2011
Far-out Pixie V. don't ya think it's a scream, your very own family themed vacation. What fun! Imagine the buffet table, dripping with finger foods. Thirst quenching beverages to behold, either hot or cold. Bone chilling music to rock the night away. The list is endless, am sure you have tasty morsels to add to this event. WoW! Tell us please, we're dying to hear the latest love bite gossip. ROCK ON!

Since: Jul 07

Vancouver, Canada

#5 Aug 29, 2011
Going to be many romantic "neckings" under the twilight sky.

“Let her cry, for she's a Lady”

Since: Apr 08

Let her dream, she's a Child

#6 Aug 29, 2011
I LOVE cold weather, lol. Ah, yes... an *all you can bite* buffet on the ocean. One small problem... we are not supposed to travel over water...

::: looks at the brochure and notices many high STAKES events :::

<light bulb - 4 watts mind you - lights up>
oh no, it is a set up!!!!

<cancels ticket> I was not even born at night, let alone last night!!!

Cherish Your Loved Ones.

“Get It While You Can:JJ”

Since: Aug 10

L.A. Ca.

#7 Aug 29, 2011
Vampires cannot cross running water unless they are in the caskets.So this would make for a dull cruise.Will this Vampire fad ever end?

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#8 Aug 29, 2011
SteelersFan1973MK wrote:
Vampires cannot cross running water unless they are in the caskets.So this would make for a dull cruise.Will this Vampire fad ever end?
It's a movie maker's paradise, it's a blood sucking business. Grave decisions of timing, skip the lights, action and cameras rolling. Mirrors are forbidden, just check one another out. Pixie, the Chef put garlic in all the food for our guests, what should we do??? Hogwash, SteelersFan197MK, do you believe everything you read in your mystery books? Am sure Pixie, has set a special place setting for you, they will be thirsting for your questions. Enjoy the cruise, heard you were a night owl anyway. ROCK ON!
The Mad Man

Long Beach, CA

#9 Aug 29, 2011
This sounds like a blast. Just for fun, I would love to see it but I don't go out in the daylight. People will spend money on anything now a days and this one sounds like a hoot. Hope they enjoy the ride. Wish I could go but my dentures need 'adjusting' and I am limited to my local blood bank, they only service my particular needs but my recommendations are, don't go to the red cross. Wonder if they carry any bibles on board for reading or protection? Does the captain have people 'eat' at his table or is that saved for private viewing? Does the staff cater to 'home cooked meals' or is that taboo for the 'blue-bloods'? Oh I have so many questions to ask and wish I could go but I am in need of immediate sand for my 'castle' and must get my local soil from the back yard, so to speak. Do they have 'pickup and delivery? What are they using for tips? Will there be a local chaplain on board to console the living? Oh the questions are endless but enjoy folks, I have.

“Get It While You Can:JJ”

Since: Aug 10

L.A. Ca.

#10 Aug 29, 2011
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text>It's a movie maker's paradise, it's a blood sucking business. Grave decisions of timing, skip the lights, action and cameras rolling. Mirrors are forbidden, just check one another out. Pixie, the Chef put garlic in all the food for our guests, what should we do??? Hogwash, SteelersFan197MK, do you believe everything you read in your mystery books? Am sure Pixie, has set a special place setting for you, they will be thirsting for your questions. Enjoy the cruise, heard you were a night owl anyway. ROCK ON!
You're scaring me.I don't want to play anymore

“Let her cry, for she's a Lady”

Since: Apr 08

Let her dream, she's a Child

#11 Aug 29, 2011
yummmm garlic bread !!!!!!!!!!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#12 Aug 29, 2011
SteelersFan1973MK wrote:
<quoted text>You're scaring me.I don't want to play anymore
Fraidy cat, get your fur hyped! this cruise is not for the weak-hearted. Imagine, black lights everywhere and glow in the dark poster art. Giving me a fever, just thinking how totally outasite this will turn out, Dracula ya know, is rolling in his grave, minus his head, so he won't be attending, bummer. All-nite 60's flicks of blood thirsty vampire chicks waiting for their blind dates to show. Going to be so rad! here, I'll let ya wear my 3-D glasses, so you'll see prisms of color and won't be freaked. LOVIN' IT!

“Get It While You Can:JJ”

Since: Aug 10

L.A. Ca.

#13 Aug 29, 2011
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text>Fraidy cat, get your fur hyped! this cruise is not for the weak-hearted. Imagine, black lights everywhere and glow in the dark poster art. Giving me a fever, just thinking how totally outasite this will turn out, Dracula ya know, is rolling in his grave, minus his head, so he won't be attending, bummer. All-nite 60's flicks of blood thirsty vampire chicks waiting for their blind dates to show. Going to be so rad! here, I'll let ya wear my 3-D glasses, so you'll see prisms of color and won't be freaked. LOVIN' IT!
These days vampires freak me out more than anything,I used like zombie movies as a kid but now the ding dang zombies run fast.Did you ever see "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead things" or the original "13 Ghosts"?

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#14 Aug 29, 2011
SteelersFan1973MK wrote:
<quoted text>These days vampires freak me out more than anything,I used like zombie movies as a kid but now the ding dang zombies run fast.Did you ever see "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead things" or the original "13 Ghosts"?
Yeah, I actually enjoyed the vampire movies of the 60's, black and white, suspense all the way, with the neatest music. Don't like horror movies nowadays, all blood and more blood, grosses me out. Yes, I remember "13" Ghosts, that's when I got hooked on 3-D glasses, have a pair. That movie freaked us kids out, we had nightmares for days after. Nowadays, you can get squeamish just by reading the local crime report. It's Happy Hour at the bar, serving Bloody Mary's, like to join me???

“Get It While You Can:JJ”

Since: Aug 10

L.A. Ca.

#15 Aug 30, 2011
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I actually enjoyed the vampire movies of the 60's, black and white, suspense all the way, with the neatest music. Don't like horror movies nowadays, all blood and more blood, grosses me out. Yes, I remember "13" Ghosts, that's when I got hooked on 3-D glasses, have a pair. That movie freaked us kids out, we had nightmares for days after. Nowadays, you can get squeamish just by reading the local crime report. It's Happy Hour at the bar, serving Bloody Mary's, like to join me???
The basis for Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things was these college kids go to a cemetery island of Manhattan 3 of the 8 students were in on the joke.That being Scaring the others into thinking they found an encantation to bring back the dead,well it worked waaaaah.The last scene was of all these flesh eating zombies on boats headed for N.Y.C. eeeeeek.Then there was Carnival of Souls that was spooky but not bloody.I remember all the locations on the movie from when I lived in Salt Lake City where it was filmed .Oh and BTW you scare me like no one or nothing else ever has,can't explain it.Yet I'm oddly attracted to you.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#16 Aug 30, 2011
SteelersFan1973MK wrote:
<quoted text>The basis for Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things was these college kids go to a cemetery island of Manhattan 3 of the 8 students were in on the joke.That being Scaring the others into thinking they found an encantation to bring back the dead,well it worked waaaaah.The last scene was of all these flesh eating zombies on boats headed for N.Y.C. eeeeeek.Then there was Carnival of Souls that was spooky but not bloody.I remember all the locations on the movie from when I lived in Salt Lake City where it was filmed .Oh and BTW you scare me like no one or nothing else ever has,can't explain it.Yet I'm oddly attracted to you.
Hey, Touchdown, yay Steelers all the way.. Never saw the first movie you mentioned, but do remember the Carnival of Souls, yes it was scary. Like the movies of the sci-fi 50's, giant spiders, crawling eyes (Purple Gurl's plant species) and alien movies, of course. The one vampire movie that haunts me to this day is, is a chick vampire, the Queen Vampire in her tomb, black and white, it always held my attention. Strange powers, she had...YIKES! Where's Pixie? is getting ready for her bash? Can't wait to meet the relatives, am getting the scoop on all the guest. Ya know, when one uses their brain power for other than checking the TV lisitngs, your imagination surfaces and runs wild on the ship, who's steering this boat?? Am just a spark of super-sonic light passing through, are you a moth? Answer to your strange attraction to me. Open the bar...ROCK YOUR FREAK ON!

“Get It While You Can:JJ”

Since: Aug 10

L.A. Ca.

#17 Aug 30, 2011
AArrrgghh (running blindly and wildly into the woods never to be seen again)

“Let her cry, for she's a Lady”

Since: Apr 08

Let her dream, she's a Child

#18 Aug 30, 2011
Oops, sorry, Pixie, I mean I was dealing with issues regarding my grand son. Sorry.

As a toddler, I had learned that you could die from loss of blood, and it seemed logical to me, that if I got a cut on my arm, or hand, to suck the blood to avoid dying. This only makes sense to a 3 year old. <pouts> But then, I saw Dracula with Bela Lugosi, and that is the way the cookie crumbled.

;o)

Cherish Your Loved Ones

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alaska Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe Miller: 'If 20 million illegals vote, you c... 5 hr Here Is One 87
Sarah Palin and Her Entire Family Involved in M... Sep 16 Lawrence Wolf 7
Is It Wrong to Hump a Dead Moose? Sep 11 Failin Palin 2
moving to Alaska form UK (Apr '09) Sep 7 Antjones 10
Harsh ad gives Begich re-election bid a hiccup Sep 5 TerryE 1
Exxon Valdez Oil Spill: 25 Years Later, Effects... (Mar '14) Sep 3 Tuco Blondie 3
Alaska gubernatorial candidates join forces aga... Sep 3 Le Jimbo 1
•••

Alaska People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••