Murkowski wins Alaska Senate race, thanks to write-in campaign

History, the GOP, the tea party, Sarah Palin and her own mouthful of a name worked against her. Full Story
YEA

South Saint Paul, MN

#1 Nov 17, 2010
Alright! Another Republican vote in the senate. Hey where are all those morons who said that the democrats were going to win and maintain control of the house? Its nice there not around. Now adults can talk intellingently
ElvisLives

Lakeville, MN

#2 Nov 17, 2010
Alright! Another Tea Bagger won't vote in the Senate.
Mike

Winona, MN

#3 Nov 17, 2010
YEA wrote:
Alright! Another Republican vote in the senate. Hey where are all those morons who said that the democrats were going to win and maintain control of the house? Its nice there not around. Now adults can talk intellingently
(spelling?)

OK, lets hear some intelligently adult talk. It would be a nice change coming from a Republican. Oh, by the way this was a senate race not a house one.
Former MN in TX

Canyon, TX

#4 Nov 17, 2010
Murkowski (did I spell that right?) declared victory today, but I believe Miller will file a lawsuit to throw out ballots that do not spell her name right (which, by the way, is state law in Alaska...not "voter intent."

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

#5 Nov 17, 2010
So Sarah Palin and her tea timers don't have a lot of pull in her own home state. Another instance where substance & quality wins out over an empty head.
I will have to congratulate my Alaskan friends tomorrow over coffee for their intelligence.

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

#6 Nov 17, 2010
YEA wrote:
Alright! Another Republican vote in the senate. Hey where are all those morons who said that the democrats were going to win and maintain control of the house? Its nice there not around. Now adults can talk intellingently
Before you talk about intelligence, at least learn how to spell it.
And more important numb-nuts, she is a Republican and was running for reelection before Palin's teabaggers put up their unqualified candidate to run against her on the Repub. ticket. Oh, and one more slight detail. That is UNITED STATES SENATOR MURKOWSKI WHO WON REELECTION.
Oh well, when you were born and they were passing out the brains, you must have thought God said trains because you left the station without any. Thanks for the humor thou.
Yep

Chaska, MN

#7 Nov 18, 2010
There is hope!
janet

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Nov 18, 2010
why murCowski didn't run as a leftie is beyond me. She Looks like one and she acts like one!!
Bob the Bilderberger

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Nov 18, 2010
This was an organized write-in campaign orchestrated by organized labor. There's a secretly recorded video of a union organizer telling a large gathering of construction workers that if Murkowski didn't win, they'd lose their jobs. Then he passes out cards with her name on them so they would have the proper spelling when they go to vote.

Typically corrupt labor unions.
vetinwbl

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Nov 18, 2010
Bob the Bilderberger wrote:
This was an organized write-in campaign orchestrated by organized labor. There's a secretly recorded video of a union organizer telling a large gathering of construction workers that if Murkowski didn't win, they'd lose their jobs. Then he passes out cards with her name on them so they would have the proper spelling when they go to vote.
Typically corrupt labor unions.
Got anymore fairytales you want to share? So you know about this secret video but nobody in Alaska does,wouldn't the Miller campaign produce it.what a fantasy world you live in
ForReal

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Nov 18, 2010
Former MN in TX wrote:
Murkowski (did I spell that right?) declared victory today, but I believe Miller will file a lawsuit to throw out ballots that do not spell her name right (which, by the way, is state law in Alaska...not "voter intent."
The ballots with spelling problems are in a separate pile and not counted at this time. Miler could file suit if he wants to lose by a wider margin.
Pete Clemenza

Houston, TX

#12 Nov 18, 2010
janet wrote:
why murCowski didn't run as a leftie is beyond me. She Looks like one and she acts like one!!
If by "lefty" you mean only slightly to the right of Mussolini, then sure, Murkowski's a lefty. Good Lord, who the f### would ever be conservative enough for you a##holes; Pontius Pilate, maybe??!!
MarshallMN

Sioux Falls, SD

#13 Nov 21, 2010
Bob the Bilderberger wrote:
This was an organized write-in campaign orchestrated by organized labor. There's a secretly recorded video of a union organizer telling a large gathering of construction workers that if Murkowski didn't win, they'd lose their jobs. Then he passes out cards with her name on them so they would have the proper spelling when they go to vote.
Typically corrupt labor unions.
Typical Tea Bagger BS. The "if we didn't win then there must be corruption" attitude. Hoe about not all of us Republicans want your extremest attitude.
paul shykora ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#14 Nov 24, 2010
..the tea party....is...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alaska Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In Alaska Race For Governor, Democrats Try An U... Oct 18 Le Jimbo 1
Joe Miller: 'If 20 million illegals vote, you c... Oct 5 woodtick57 373
Sen. Murkowski: Alaskans deserve a fix for Obam... Oct 2 bottlecap 1
Alaska Senate Race Heats Up With Candidates Set... Oct 1 bottlecap 1
Alaska gubernatorial candidates join forces aga... Sep '14 Le Jimbo 1
Sullivan beats tea party in Alaska GOP Senate race Aug '14 Swedenforever 5
House begins debate on abortion funding bill (Apr '14) Aug '14 Guest 4

Alaska Government People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE