Sarah Palin's neighbour moves on

Sarah Palin's neighbour moves on

There are 173 comments on the The Toronto Star story from Sep 4, 2010, titled Sarah Palin's neighbour moves on. In it, The Toronto Star reports that:

Sarah Palin can take down the fence. Palin's neighbour of three months on Wasilla's Lake Lucille, author Joe McGinniss, is packing his bags and notebooks and leaving Sunday for his home in Massachusetts to write the book he has been researching on the former governor and Republican vice-presidential candidate in the 2008 election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Toronto Star.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Responsibility

San Bruno, CA

#1 Sep 5, 2010
Perhaps in a moment of Palinesque grandeur Half Governor Palin will plagiarize (or in her case pladiarine, plabianize or whatever word she makes up) the words of Reagan:

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" (or fence in her case).

Interesting article including "the undercurrent of fear" surrounding the Palins. And we have to thank our lucky stars she is not our vice president.
mike

Tampa, FL

#2 Sep 5, 2010
nope she's not our VP. But we do have an incompetent, empty suit, phony,one term, Boob currently sitting in the Oval office waiting for his next vacation to start.
Ken

Homosassa, FL

#3 Sep 5, 2010
Amazing how scared they are of the losing vice president candidate when we have a complete zero in office who pulled the wool over the eyes of star struck voters, most of which are now having "Voters remorse" now and are embarrasseed for falling for the Obama line of BullS**t
Government sucks

Sebastian, FL

#5 Sep 5, 2010
Why wouldn't he move on? The half term- term governor is never there. Sara is traveling across the lower 48 dazzling the wing-nuts with her "brilliance".

Since: Dec 08

Kerrville, TX

#6 Sep 5, 2010
Government sucks wrote:
Why wouldn't he move on? The half term- term governor is never there. Sara is traveling across the lower 48 dazzling the wing-nuts with her "brilliance".
and scaring the hell out of liberal loons while drawing multitudes at her appearances.
Government sucks

Sebastian, FL

#7 Sep 5, 2010
sailorman2 wrote:
<quoted text>and scaring the hell out of liberal loons while drawing multitudes at her appearances.
Not just the "liberal loons". Everyone should be worried that her supporters actually want her to run for president, her supporters are "scarier" than she is. Anyone paying over $5 to see her without the benefit of a free beer or a lap dance is an Idiot.

Since: Dec 08

Kerrville, TX

#8 Sep 5, 2010
Government sucks wrote:
<quoted text> Not just the "liberal loons". Everyone should be worried that her supporters actually want her to run for president, her supporters are "scarier" than she is. Anyone paying over $5 to see her without the benefit of a free beer or a lap dance is an Idiot.
There is something that I just don't understand. Why do people believe that Palin is a nutcase bimbo. What has she said? What has she done to deserve all of the vitriol and hatred? Why do people think she is a disaster for the Conservatives? Just because she left the governorship in AK? Personally I think there are better candidates out there than Palin but good grief, look at what we have in office now.
Shady Lady

United States

#9 Sep 5, 2010
I am sure her spying neighbor got all the information needed to write a dirty book. What he didn't see he will make up in true Liberl fashion. His book will hit the $2.98 table a week after it is out.
Government sucks

Sebastian, FL

#10 Sep 5, 2010
sailorman2 wrote:
<quoted text>There is something that I just don't understand. Why do people believe that Palin is a nutcase bimbo. What has she said? What has she done to deserve all of the vitriol and hatred? Why do people think she is a disaster for the Conservatives? Just because she left the governorship in AK? Personally I think there are better candidates out there than Palin but good grief, look at what we have in office now.
Yes, it is because what she said which is o.k. with me, everyone has that right. Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity Keith Olbermann and Rachael Maddow have never had nor have the desire to run for political office. So everything they say can be taken with a grain of salt. Palin, on the other hand has held a political office, is a woman and quite possibly MIGHT run again so what she say's will be taken with scrutiny. That is where problem arises. I'm not going to argue with your second comment.
Ron-Texas

Harker Heights, TX

#11 Sep 5, 2010
sailorman2 wrote:
<quoted text>There is something that I just don't understand. Why do people believe that Palin is a nutcase bimbo. What has she said? What has she done to deserve all of the vitriol and hatred? Why do people think she is a disaster for the Conservatives? Just because she left the governorship in AK?
Sailorman2 - it's hard to even know where to start, as there are so many examples of why people know Palin is a nutcase bimbo. I'll do a few and others may want to chime in.

"(A friend of Palin's remembered)'Once, while Sarah was preparing for a city-council meeting, she said, "I'm gonna put on one of my push-up bras so I can get what I want tonight."
http:/www.vanityfair.com/polit ics/features/2010/10/sarah-pal in

"Her grasp of rudimentary facts and concepts was minimal.

Palin couldn't explain why North and South Korea were separate nations.

She didn't know what the Fed did.

Asked who attacked America on 9/11, she suggested several times that it was Saddam Hussein.

Asked to identify the enemy that her son would be fighting in Iraq, she drew a blank."

John Heilemann and Mark Halperin in "Game Change," a book about the 2008 election, p. 397

Before the drive across town to meet Couric at the U.N., the person from McCain's staff who was closest to Palin was trying to help her get ready for the interview.

"The candidate was unresponsive. Wallace read Palin the newspaper. The candidate sat in silence. After two futile hours, when they were about to set off to meet Couric, Palin announced,'I hate this makeup--smearing it off her face, messing up her hair, complaining that she looked fat.'
"Game Change," p. 398

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/sarahpalin...

"All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008

"Ohh, good, thank you, yes." --Sarah Palin, after a notorious Canadian prank caller complimented her on the documentary about her life, Hustler's "Nailin Paylin," Nov. 1, 2008)

"Well, let's see. There's &#8213; of course in the great history of America there have been rulings that there's never going to be absolute consensus by every American, and there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So, you know, going through the history of America, there would be others but &#8213;" --Sarah Palin, unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008

"'Refudiate,''misunderest imate,''wee-wee'd up.' English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it!'" --a Tweet sent by Sarah Palin in response to being ridiculed for inventing the word "refudiate," proudly mistaking her illiteracy for literary genius, July 18, 2010

"[T]hey're in charge of the U.S. Senate so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better for Brandon and his family and his classroom." --Sarah Palin, getting the vice president's constitutional role wrong after being asked by a third grader what the vice president does, interview with NBC affiliate KUSA in Colorado, Oct. 21, 2008

"I think on a national level your Department of Law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out." --Sarah Palin, referring to a department that does not exist while attempting to explain why as president she wouldn't be subjected to the same ethics investigations that compelled her to resign as governor of Alaska, ABC News interview, July 7, 2009

~Compiled by Daniel Kurtzman
Ron-Texas

Harker Heights, TX

#12 Sep 5, 2010
sailorman2 wrote:
<quoted text>There is something that I just don't understand. Why do people believe that Palin is a nutcase bimbo. What has she said? What has she done to deserve all of the vitriol and hatred? Why do people think she is a disaster for the Conservatives? Just because she left the governorship in AK? Personally I think there are better candidates out there than Palin but good grief, look at what we have in office now.
Sailorman2, I hardly know where to begin, as there is so much material to choose from. I'll list a few and perhaps others will want to chime in.

"Once, while Sarah was preparing for a city council meeting, she said,'I'm gonna put on one of my push-up bras so I can get what I want tonight.' That's how she rolls." from a Palin family friend, quoted in http:/www.vanityfair.com/polit ics/features/2010/sarah-palin

from http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/sarahpalin...

"Ohh, good, thank you, yes." --Sarah Palin, after a notorious Canadian prank caller complimented her on the documentary about her life, Hustler's "Nailin Paylin," Nov. 1, 2008

"All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008

"Well, let's see. There's &#8213; of course in the great history of America there have been rulings that there's never going to be absolute consensus by every American, and there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So, you know, going through the history of America, there would be others but &#8213;" --Sarah Palin, unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008

"'Refudiate,''misunderest imate,''wee-wee'd up.' English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it!'" --a Tweet sent by Sarah Palin in response to being ridicule for inventing the word "refudiate," proudly mistaking her illiteracy for literary genius, July 18, 2010

"[T]hey're in charge of the U.S. Senate so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better for Brandon and his family and his classroom." --Sarah Palin, getting the vice president's constitutional role wrong after being asked by a third grader what the vice president does, interview with NBC affiliate KUSA in Colorado, Oct. 21, 2008

"I think on a national level your Department of Law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out." --Sarah Palin, referring to a department that does not exist while attempting to explain why as president she wouldn't be subjected to the same ethics investigations that compelled her to resign as governor of Alaska, ABC News interview, July 7, 2009

Responsibility

San Bruno, CA

#13 Sep 5, 2010
Shady Lady wrote:
I am sure her spying neighbor got all the information needed to write a dirty book.
If you mean "dirty" in the meaning of what people think about Palin, that is grist for the mill when Half Governor Palin goes half cocked on subjects she has no knowledge of.

The author was accused of "dirty" reasons for moving next door to his subject matter - that is where the "dirty" minds comes in who have bashed this author before you (and others) have read one word of his book.

Wait and see, shady man, it could be an interesting book and may even not turn up in the 10 cents bin like his subject matter's book has.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#15 Sep 5, 2010
Ron-Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Sailorman2, I hardly know where to begin, as there is so much material to choose from. I'll list a few and perhaps others will want to chime in.
"Once, while Sarah was preparing for a city council meeting, she said,'I'm gonna put on one of my push-up bras so I can get what I want tonight.' That's how she rolls." from a Palin family friend, quoted in http:/www.vanityfair.com/polit ics/features/2010/sarah-palin
from http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/sarahpalin...
"Ohh, good, thank you, yes." --Sarah Palin, after a notorious Canadian prank caller complimented her on the documentary about her life, Hustler's "Nailin Paylin," Nov. 1, 2008
"'Refudiate,''misunderest imate,''wee-wee'd up.' English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it!'" --a Tweet sent by Sarah Palin in response to being ridicule for inventing the word "refudiate," proudly mistaking her illiteracy for literary genius, July 18, 2010
The Palins are what they are.

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2...

It's a free country, and Sarah Palin is free to run for President. If she does, Republican primary voters will accept or reject her bid for the nomination. As a progressive, I hope the teabaggers can get her nominated for 2012, but there are too many intelligent, grownup Republicans who won't let the lunatics on the far right set the table for a GOP debacle against President Obama.

The Palins are cashing in like the Clampetts in Beverly Hills, and they're making a good living. They'll probably grab cash as long as they can. Sarah running for office opens her up for the scrutiny she withered under when interviewed by the Katie Courics and Charles Gibsons.

Plus, it doesn't matter if her kids sleep around and get pregnant before marriage, UNLESS Sarah has to pander to "values voters" as a candidate. Then she disappoints her base & provides material for Letterman, Leno, Conan, et al...

Sarah's better off being a teabagger mascot and a cash cow, letting her kids be kids...

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#16 Sep 5, 2010
I think he should wait until they take down the fence and then move back in.
Mrs OLeary

Arlington Heights, IL

#17 Sep 5, 2010
Just to make things even and fair, maybe Palin should write a book about a publicity seeking, tabloid writing, stalking, creepy neighbor. It would probably be a best seller.
Government sucks

Sebastian, FL

#18 Sep 5, 2010
Sara is not equipped to write anything but crib notes on her hand.

“”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#19 Sep 5, 2010
swampmudd wrote:
I think he should wait until they take down the fence and then move back in.
He escaped with his life because Sarah could have called a Fatwa on him and her bible thumping mujahedeen would have taken him out.

“”

Location hidden

#20 Sep 5, 2010
Government sucks wrote:
Sara is not equipped to write anything but crib notes on her hand.
For such an unreal phoney ,hypocrite , clueless add compulsive liar to be leading anything is unreal but to be leading a political movement just blows my mind.

“”

Location hidden

#21 Sep 5, 2010
PooPoo Platter wrote:
<quoted text>
The Palins are what they are.
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2...
It's a free country, and Sarah Palin is free to run for President. If she does, Republican primary voters will accept or reject her bid for the nomination. As a progressive, I hope the teabaggers can get her nominated for 2012, but there are too many intelligent, grownup Republicans who won't let the lunatics on the far right set the table for a GOP debacle against President Obama.
The Palins are cashing in like the Clampetts in Beverly Hills, and they're making a good living. They'll probably grab cash as long as they can. Sarah running for office opens her up for the scrutiny she withered under when interviewed by the Katie Courics and Charles Gibsons.
Plus, it doesn't matter if her kids sleep around and get pregnant before marriage, UNLESS Sarah has to pander to "values voters" as a candidate. Then she disappoints her base & provides material for Letterman, Leno, Conan, et al...
Sarah's better off being a teabagger mascot and a cash cow, letting her kids be kids...
I agree she will not run . She will soak this for all that it is worth .

She must lay in bed at night and just laugh and laugh because she knows her cult like fans worship her like the second coming .

She can lie with impunity EXACTLY like Glenn Beck does and regardless of how stupid they just adore this woman lol its rather funny.

It looks like she never even hunted and that was ANOTHER lie. Sarah and Beck could chew the heads off puppies and their fans would adore them that much more .

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#22 Sep 5, 2010
Responsibility wrote:
Perhaps in a moment of Palinesque grandeur Half Governor Palin will plagiarize (or in her case pladiarine, plabianize or whatever word she makes up) the words of Reagan:
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" (or fence in her case).
Interesting article including "the undercurrent of fear" surrounding the Palins. And we have to thank our lucky stars she is not our vice president.
Why's that? Would she have her finger on the trigger?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alaska Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Interior chief says he and Alaska senator bond ... Aug '17 bottlecap 1
News Lisa Murkowski walked a tight rope in Alaska wh... Aug '17 JAD Trumpland 3
News Ryan Zinke: 'Laughable' to suggest he threatene... Jul '17 NotSoDivineMsM 3
News Last Blockbuster stores stay open in Alaska Apr '17 Shirvell s Shrivel 3
News With Walker's blessing, former Gov. Murkowski w... Apr '17 John 1
News Alaska underwater gas leak continues, 2nd group... (Feb '17) Feb '17 cannot trust em a... 1
News Alaskans dive into 0-degree water, some dressed... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Spotted Girl 3
More from around the web