Germans visit Ukraine in WWII apology

Germans visit Ukraine in WWII apology

There are 324 comments on the KNDU story from Aug 5, 2010, titled Germans visit Ukraine in WWII apology. In it, KNDU reports that:

It's a girl! Giraffe gives birth at Philly zoo; 1st in 13 years to be born there Alaska fishing tradition thrives: dipnetting Alaskans don waders, grab very big nets and go dipnetting 6 teens drown in Louisiana river; 7th rescued Fire officials: 6 teens in 2 families drown in La.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KNDU.

Amicus

Calgary, Canada

#21 Aug 16, 2010
The german soldiers all had ukrainian girlfriends while in Ukraine and the girls were industrious. Nothing wrong with that.It is the way of war and survival, and results in a lot of miscegenation. Yup,lots of blond haired , blue eyed ukrainians.
Amicus

Calgary, Canada

#22 Aug 16, 2010
Well that is what my 80 year old dad told me and he saw it in ukraine with his own eyes as a young boy. All german soldiers were by law, at first billeted, in ukrainian homes in Nazi - occupied Ukraine ( 2/3 of the country was occupied), during June 1941 to about June 1944 . The blond, good looking , well dressed educated and mannered young german soldiers ( age 18 to 29 ) were very popular with the the ukrainian ladies, compared to the drunken, poverty stricken men they were used to.The food rations for the girl's families,chocolate and supplies that the soldiers cgave for girl's families helped too. Many german soldiers spent their last days flying to ukraine looking for their lost ukrainian ' katyas ', as they were called . There were thousands of such tragic liasons and thousands of births from these liasons in Ukraine during WW11.
Amicus

Calgary, Canada

#23 Aug 16, 2010
Warrior Poet UGX

Odessa, Ukraine

#24 Aug 16, 2010
scout wrote:
Here' the deal: Marxists won WWI and WWII, and we are now reaping the results.
Sorry comrade we still don't buy that boloney. Try it on your sheep (oops citizens).
Amicus

Calgary, Canada

#25 Aug 16, 2010
Amicus wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W orld_population
Looks like Thomas Malthus may have been correct. Pakistan, for example has cut down all its trees, in the last 100 years for kindling , so there is no more watershed to hold the water. So Pakistan has in effect created a huge swimming pool where one there was forest, the size of Texas, in Pakistan. The ecosystem has its limits, and population stressors such as famine, disease, pestilence,natural disasters,and war as people fight for scarce resources will balance the population , in a harsh manner..
Amicus

Calgary, Canada

#26 Aug 16, 2010
Warrior Poet UGX

Odessa, Ukraine

#27 Aug 16, 2010
Amicus wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like Thomas Malthus may have been correct. Pakistan, for example has cut down all its trees, in the last 100 years for kindling , so there is no more watershed to hold the water. So Pakistan has in effect created a huge swimming pool where one there was forest, the size of Texas, in Pakistan. The ecosystem has its limits, and population stressors such as famine, disease, pestilence,natural disasters,and war as people fight for scarce resources will balance the population , in a harsh manner..
INteresting. I think that will not be a problem with forests in U.S. Despite the whining of the eco-nazis the practice of reforestation to replace harvested and damaaged timber is working well. An interesting statistic: There are, at the present time, more trees in the continental U.S. than there were at the time of the arrival of the Pilgrims. Hard to believe but true. You have only to see reforestation, like in a burned area only a few miles from my home, to believe it.
Amicus

Calgary, Canada

#28 Aug 16, 2010
Amicus

Calgary, Canada

#29 Aug 16, 2010
Amicus

Calgary, Canada

#30 Aug 16, 2010
Oregon
Sediment from the Mississippi River carries fertilizer to the Gulf of Mexico

Off the coast of Cape Perpetua, Oregon, there is also a dead zone with a 2006 reported size of 300 square miles (780 km˛).[6] This dead zone only exists during the summer, perhaps due to wind patterns.
[edit] Gulf of Mexico

Currently the most notorious dead zone is a 22,126 square kilometre (8,543 mi˛) region in the Gulf of Mexico, where the Mississippi River dumps high-nutrient runoff from its vast drainage basin, which includes the heart of U.S. agribusiness, the Midwest. The drainage of these nutrients are affecting important shrimp fishing grounds. This is equivalent to a dead zone the size of New Jersey.[7] This estimate does not include nor take into account the Deepwater Horizon oil spill which began in April of 2010.

A dead zone off the coast of Texas where the Brazos River empties into the Gulf was also discovered in July 2007.[8]
[edit] The Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007

“Wir fliegen du?”

Since: Jul 10

Dusseldorf, Deutschland

#31 Aug 16, 2010
byyyyyy a11 hoho1s are dirty bastards
neone

Saint Paul, MN

#32 Aug 16, 2010
Warrior Poet UGX wrote:
Just checked the previous post: he listed that the Germans murdered 50 million people. Wow, that's even more than Comrade Stalin!
I find it very suprising that some germans act so ignorant about world war 2.
actually more than 50 million people died in second world war.
the number is between 50 to 70 million people.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_cas...

your racist german mentality might deny the facts but denying the number of death will only look germans more evil.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_people_die...
Warrior Poet UGX

Odessa, Ukraine

#33 Aug 17, 2010
neone wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it very suprising that some germans act so ignorant about world war 2.
actually more than 50 million people died in second world war.
the number is between 50 to 70 million people.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_cas...
your racist german mentality might deny the facts but denying the number of death will only look germans more evil.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_people_die...
1) I am not, and have never been German. I just get tired of hearing people with European "Victim" mindset trashing other ethnicities.
2) I looked up your figures on WWII. Very clever maniipulation you did. You included all of Chinese, Indo-Chinese etc. casualties. These were caused by Japan. For you to include them as a dmanation of Germany is rather dishonest, but then you seem to be willing to do anything to prove your damnation of Germans.
BTW the 7 million Jews killed by the Nazis were also Germans. When are you going to give up your hatred?
Red

Toronto, Canada

#34 Aug 17, 2010
Many Ukrainians civilians fell victim to Nazi German atrocities, forced labor, and even Nazi German massacres of whole villages in reprisal for attacks against Nazi German forces.

Jews were only a small fraction of Nazi German victims in Ukraine. The overwhelming majority of Nazi Germany's victims in Ukraine were ethnic Ukrainians.
Red

Toronto, Canada

#35 Aug 17, 2010
To learn more about Nazi Germany's crimes against the Ukrainian people see...

World War II in Ukraine
The Ukrainian Experience in World War II
With a Brief Survey of Ukraine's
Population Loss of 10 Million
by
Andrew Gregorovich
http://www.infoukes.com/history/ww2/
Red

Toronto, Canada

#36 Aug 17, 2010
The German government must acknowledge and apologize for the widespread system of sexual slavery (forced prostitution) the Nazi Germans instituted during World War II, and the widespread occurence of rape against all kinds of victims, regardless of race or culture--Ukrainian, Jewish, Russian, Polish, Latvian, Estonian women..especially in Ukraine.

Victims, Heroes, Survivors: Sexual Violence on the Eastern Front During World War
http://www.swinginhepcats.com/World_War_II/Vi...

Germans should apologize to every Ukrainian citizen older than 65 for Nazi Germany's crimes in Ukraine.
Warrior Poet UGX

Odessa, Ukraine

#37 Aug 17, 2010
Red wrote:
The German government must acknowledge and apologize for the widespread system of sexual slavery (forced prostitution) the Nazi Germans instituted during World War II, and the widespread occurence of rape against all kinds of victims, regardless of race or culture--Ukrainian, Jewish, Russian, Polish, Latvian, Estonian women..especially in Ukraine.
Victims, Heroes, Survivors: Sexual Violence on the Eastern Front During World War
http://www.swinginhepcats.com/World_War_II/Vi...
Germans should apologize to every Ukrainian citizen older than 65 for Nazi Germany's crimes in Ukraine.
All this while to Soviet forces were composed of Lily White little Angels (NOT)

Since: Mar 10

Carmel, IN

#38 Aug 18, 2010
Red wrote:
The German government must acknowledge and apologize for the widespread system of sexual slavery (forced prostitution) the Nazi Germans instituted during World War II, and the widespread occurence of rape against all kinds of victims, regardless of race or culture--Ukrainian, Jewish, Russian, Polish, Latvian, Estonian women..especially in Ukraine.
Victims, Heroes, Survivors: Sexual Violence on the Eastern Front During World War
http://www.swinginhepcats.com/World_War_II/Vi...
Germans should apologize to every Ukrainian citizen older than 65 for Nazi Germany's crimes in Ukraine.
When have they denied it? The very large majority of Germans today had nothing to do with it because they weren't born yet. So why would they apologize for it? Sounds racist to me.
Warrior Poet UGX

Odessa, Ukraine

#39 Aug 18, 2010
amirite wrote:
<quoted text>
When have they denied it? The very large majority of Germans today had nothing to do with it because they weren't born yet. So why would they apologize for it? Sounds racist to me.
Maybe so. It is definitely some more of the European "Postage Stamp Ethnic Area" hatred that is so often displayed.

BTW how is your wife's trip going? Is she home yet?

Since: Mar 10

Carmel, IN

#40 Aug 18, 2010
Warrior Poet UGX wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so. It is definitely some more of the European "Postage Stamp Ethnic Area" hatred that is so often displayed.
BTW how is your wife's trip going? Is she home yet?
Yes, they got home July 31st and I'm eating good meals again. Daughter has been back in school over a week now. We'll be moving into our new house in a couple of weeks and they are very excited.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alaska Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Billy Brown and Joshua Brown of 'Alaskan Bush P... Fri Poppy fisher 2
News Fire, Explosions Claim Several Homes After Alas... Jan 24 Pres 1
News Sawyer's family relieved by arrest (Mar '06) Jan 24 Janice Dolby 18
News A moose-hunter and his hovercraft tell the Supr... Jan 18 Ritual Habitual 1
News Starvation suspected in massive die-off of Alas... Jan '16 Birds Dropping 1
News Stephen Hume: Clark needs to step up on environ... Jan '16 Shawnigan Lake 1
A First Course in Differential Equations The Cl... Dec '15 markrainsun 1
More from around the web