Professor scrutinizes net value of th...

Professor scrutinizes net value of the Alaska purchase

There are 1 comment on the Alaska Journal of Commerce story from Nov 23, 2009, titled Professor scrutinizes net value of the Alaska purchase. In it, Alaska Journal of Commerce reports that:

University of Iowa Professor David Barker set out to find an example of one of the great real estate deals in history to present to his students.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alaska Journal of Commerce.

blue_zinc

Richmond, ME

#1 Dec 4, 2009
Selected lines from Alasa Journal of Commerce.

"The price of Alaska would have to have been much less than the price paid: perhaps negative," -
The price of Alaska? was/is negative to the Alaskan people. The price the Alaskans paid?: poverty.

"while Barker isn't convinced Alaska was a good deal" -
The deal? alienate the Alaskan people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alaska Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Last Blockbuster stores stay open in Alaska Apr '17 Shirvell s Shrivel 3
News With Walker's blessing, former Gov. Murkowski w... Apr '17 John 1
News Alaska underwater gas leak continues, 2nd group... Feb '17 cannot trust em a... 1
News Alaskans dive into 0-degree water, some dressed... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Spotted Girl 3
News Alaska is Now Purple (Oct '16) Oct '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News Let's talk, not litigate, over Indian country i... (Aug '16) Sep '16 Sneaky Pete 2
News Obama paints doomsday scene of global warming i... (Sep '15) Jul '16 Go Blue Forever 15
More from around the web