Alaska Sen. Murkowski concedes defeat to GOP rival backed by Palin,...

Aug 31, 2010 Read more: TwinCities.com 16
Sen. Lisa Murkowski was booted from office in the Republican primary Tuesday by a little-known conservative lawyer in arguably the biggest political upset of the year. Read more
bye bye RINO

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Aug 31, 2010
next....
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Aug 31, 2010
I think she shouldn't have been in the U.S. Senate in the first place. Having her father appoint her to the senate should have been unforgivable. Something similar happened in Minnesota once and we voted the senator out at the earliest opportunity (I guess 'we' doesn't work in this case since I was a minor at the time).
Great

Spokane, WA

#3 Aug 31, 2010
Miller will vote for an end to Medicare and Social Security, great news for Alaska.
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Aug 31, 2010
Where're all those liberal loons who try so hard to devalue the power of Ms. Palin?
Mary

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Aug 31, 2010
Whats your point.
Great wrote:
Miller will vote for an end to Medicare and Social Security, great news for Alaska.
yeah sure

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Aug 31, 2010
sounds like the Tea Party is gaining steam as we head towards Nov.
bye bye sweetypie

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Aug 31, 2010
Murkowski is just a product of nepotism and a symptom of political inbreeding.
Good Riddance.
yeah sure

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Aug 31, 2010
I'd love to see the Tea Party take as many primaries as they can. Though I like their policies, I really like that they get leftards into such a dither, and I take great solace in that. Any enemy of leftard dumbocrats is a friend of mine.
Great

Spokane, WA

#9 Sep 1, 2010
Mary wrote:
Whats your point.<quoted text>
the point is that Miller will help to end welfare programs like medicare and social security.
Mike

Winona, MN

#10 Sep 1, 2010
Murkowski a liberal? I love watching the right wing eat their own. I can hardly wait for Senator elect Miller announcing that Alaska will now turn back the billions in federal aid that Teddie Stevens raked in. On to November..LOL
tww

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Sep 1, 2010
RINOs beware. If you run as a Republican, act like one.
onthehunt

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Sep 1, 2010
Mike wrote:
Murkowski a liberal? I love watching the right wing eat their own.
yep- much like Minnesota's own Normy Coleman
Think about it

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Sep 1, 2010
Let's See, Why did I vote for a democrat?????
Pick Your Reason
When your friends can't explain why they voted for Democrats, give them this list. They can then pick a reason.

10. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

9. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

8. I voted Democrat because Freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

7. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

6. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

5. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies through abortion so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

4. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

3. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the democrats see fit.

2. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

1. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my ass that it is unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.

I'll keep my Freedom, my God and my Guns... You keep the Change...

Get out and vote November 2nd, 2010!

“Unborn babies are people too”

Since: Jul 09

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Sep 1, 2010
Freedom Lover wrote:
Where're all those liberal loons who try so hard to devalue the power of Ms. Palin?
They're weeping into their lattes.

[Anchorage Daily News]"...Miller's message really took off in the Valley, where he had the support of Sarah and Todd Palin.

"Committed volunteers there made a huge difference, getting businesses to put up huge Miller signs, walking in parades and making personal pitches by phone, DeSoto said....

"At the Palmer Colony Days parade in June, "we had over 100 volunteers show up to walk for Joe. We had five vehicles. We had two, three horses. We had skateboarders. We had moms with strollers," Walker said. "It was fabulous."
Robbie

Edenton, NC

#15 Sep 1, 2010
Freedom Lover wrote:
Where're all those liberal loons who try so hard to devalue the power of Ms. Palin?
The liberals are dancing in the streets since Murkowski had a huge lead over the DFL frontrunner in a state that never votes Democrat. Will this nobody that has divided the GOP party do as well---he'll win but devide the party just as the "Tea Party" is doing across the nation. A party of radical extremists..........

“Unborn babies are people too”

Since: Jul 09

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Sep 1, 2010
Robbie wrote:
<quoted text>The liberals are dancing in the streets since Murkowski had a huge lead over the DFL frontrunner in a state that never votes Democrat. Will this nobody that has divided the GOP party do as well---he'll win but devide the party just as the "Tea Party" is doing across the nation. A party of radical extremists..........
Joe Miller:
**West Point graduate with honors
** U. S. Army officer
** Awarded Bronze Star for service in First Gulf War
** Graduate of Yale Law School
** U. S. Magistrate Judge

Lisa Murkowski:
** Appointed by Daddy, Gov. Frank Murkowski, to fill his Senate seat in 2002

Alaskans picked the best candidate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alaska Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A Historic Moment for Salmon Protection in Alaska Feb '15 Kerry 1
News Colorado sold 17 tons of retail marijuana in fi... Feb '15 Kerry 1
News Alaska should seize Arctic opportunities, commi... Feb '15 Kivalina 1
News Iditarod should not be romanticized Feb '15 Ann Rogers 1
News NOAA rejects nomination for Aleutian Islands sa... Feb '15 Kim 1
News Obama closes off much ofAlaska refuge to drilling Jan '15 USA Today 1
News Plunging oil prices force Alaska look for ways ... Jan '15 CrystalT 28
More from around the web