PFD amount might be bigger than expected - KTVA

Full story: KTVA Anchorage 8
Alaskans could see a healthy Permanent Fund Dividend this fall, despite the worst performing year on record for the account. Full Story
Glowbird

Southerly North Slope Bo, AK

#1 Aug 7, 2009
No complaints here, just happy to get it!
pet peeve

Wasilla, AK

#2 Aug 7, 2009
i dont think the "lower 48ers" that move up to "get in" on our dividend should be considered eligible for the dividend unless they have roots here as of the start of the distribution of the funds. THOUGH it is MORE costly to live here and takes some (LOL, some is a light term) patience to live here, because NOT everyone here is plesant- i still think its wrong that REAL alaskans (those whos parents have been here SINCE the pipeline addition) have to see our distribution amount SWINNDLED to LOWER and LOWER numbers because of MORE applicants.
i do however believe the only exception would be our honerable few in the military serving and posted here for now. its the least they can get- to say the least: to put up with all the junk from other alaskans that are not as pleasant as expected (ie..UNnecissary ROAD rage..how big is our state and we have that WHY?)
anc_import

Anchorage, AK

#3 Aug 7, 2009
Look here pet peeve, no one moves to this state to "get in" on the dividend, unless that person massively failed basic accounting. The cost of living in Alaska is so much more than down south that the dividend does not even begin to cover it. Also, your definition of what constitutes a "real Alaskan" is a delusion. Real Alaskans are the ones that work hard to make our state prosper and consider the PFD to be a nice bonus to help get through the winter. Also, real Alaskans know how to use spell-check and when it is and isn't appropriate to capitalize words.
tatoo

Anchorage, AK

#4 Aug 7, 2009
all people who live in alaska even move from lower 48 or not all help to develop and protect alaska. why you said they move from 48 to take your PFD.
your idea was backward.
AMY

Anchorage, AK

#5 Aug 7, 2009
I JUST HOPE THAT THE DIVIDEND THIS YEAR IS HIGHER BECAUSE THE ECONOMY IS DOWN AND FOR MYSELF AND FAMILY WE CAN ONLY SURVIVE, CHECK BY CHECK AND ITS NOT ENOUGH...WINTER WOULD BE HARD THIS YEAR COZ MY JOB IS GONNA BE SLOW COZ I ONLY WORK IN THE HOTEL AND I'M ON CALL IN THE WINTER...I JUST HOPE THE DIVIDEND HELP FOR US COZ WE DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT TO DO...EVEN WE GET A SECOND JOB ITS STILL NOT ENOUGH....THANK YOU...
AMY

Anchorage, AK

#6 Aug 7, 2009
I just hope so...this winter will be a hard one for us...any money counts and i just hope the economy change because even we got two jobs we wont survive....
William Tell Field

Anchorage, AK

#7 Aug 9, 2009
A candy bar fourty years ago cost a nickle,today it's still the same.The american dollar bill in todays value is worth a nickle...But then it will be nice to have a few extra nickles in my pocket...
chasethebear

Anchorage, AK

#8 Aug 10, 2009
HereHere....I totally agree. It's unfortunate that many come here just to get the dividend and then leave calling themselves Alaskans. And as a Military Retiree, I am thankful for the acknowledgement. We moved here in 1999, my family and I, but the military had other things in mind and moved us to the Lower 48. Our hearts were still in Alaska, and just as soon as my orders were cut, we headed straight home via the Alcan. In no hurry to leave this land-it takes a special person to live In Alaska, and we do garner it's rewards.
pet peeve wrote:
i dont think the "lower 48ers" that move up to "get in" on our dividend should be considered eligible for the dividend unless they have roots here as of the start of the distribution of the funds. THOUGH it is MORE costly to live here and takes some (LOL, some is a light term) patience to live here, because NOT everyone here is plesant- i still think its wrong that REAL alaskans (those whos parents have been here SINCE the pipeline addition) have to see our distribution amount SWINNDLED to LOWER and LOWER numbers because of MORE applicants.
i do however believe the only exception would be our honerable few in the military serving and posted here for now. its the least they can get- to say the least: to put up with all the junk from other alaskans that are not as pleasant as expected (ie..UNnecissary ROAD rage..how big is our state and we have that WHY?)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alaska Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama closes off much ofAlaska refuge to drilling Jan 25 USA Today 1
Plunging oil prices force Alaska look for ways ... Jan 22 CrystalT 32
Alaska men rescue moose trappped in an avalanche Jan 14 Earthquake 2day 1
Good neighbor policy, not sanctions, works for ... Jan 4 PROUD TO BE SERB 25
In Alaska Race For Governor, Democrats Try An U... Oct '14 Le Jimbo 1
Joe Miller: 'If 20 million illegals vote, you c... Oct '14 woodtick57 373
Sen. Murkowski: Alaskans deserve a fix for Obam... Oct '14 bottlecap 1
More from around the web