Alaska gets first ever 'temporary sub...

Alaska gets first ever 'temporary substitute' lt. governor

There are 6 comments on the Juneau Empire story from Aug 3, 2009, titled Alaska gets first ever 'temporary substitute' lt. governor. In it, Juneau Empire reports that:

Alaska got a new lieutenant governor Sunday as Craig Campbell was sworn in as a the state's first ever "temporary substitute lieutenant governor." State law requires lieutenant governor appointees to be confirmed by the Legislature before taking office, but Attorney General Dan Sullivan determined that it was so important to maintain the line of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Juneau Empire.

anonymous

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Aug 8, 2009
Craig Campbell is one of those opportunistic politicians that sold what little integrity he had when after first criticizing Sarah Palin for saying she ran the Guard in Alaska during the 2008 campaign. Then he came out and defended her statement and she rewarded him with his third star. These people have little integrity and view politics as a way to gain power. What a travesty for the Alaska people.
anonymous

Pueblo, CO

#2 Aug 31, 2009
Alaska politics is the most corrupt I've ever heard about. It beats Illinois out. You have a Governor with all these ethics violations who appoints a Lt.Gov . who is even worse and even had fraud problems with the Air Force as reported by a retired Lt. Col. Then he retaliates against honest Guardsmen and caters to despicable cronies. He awards two loser Generals while neglecting the troops who fought in Iraq,etc. This could go on and on. Someone is asleep at the wheel. This is a democracy where integrity doesn't matter and bribery is the new name of the game. This guy Campbell would have been booted during my time but then those were days of honor. I fought in Korea with honorable men who didn't sit behind a desk figuring out who gets screwed next.
anonymous

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Sep 23, 2009
Obviously there is a new world order and corrupt politicians seem to be in charge. Are we in a stupor and have given up? We must demand integrity in our officials. In Alaska, there apparently are no elections by the people just apppointees by a flippant Governor who main concern is herself and her ambitions. She appoints a Lt. Gov. who has many ethical problems himself.
Sam

Colorado Springs, CO

#4 Nov 11, 2009
Alaska has my sympathy. Craig Campbell was a pathetic leader in the Guard and a big lap dog of Sarah Palin's. He will "screw" the state if it benefits himself. Why hasn't he been investigated for ethics violations? Is Palin protecting him OR Parnell? Wake up ALaska!!!
anonymous

Pueblo, CO

#6 Nov 25, 2009
A vote for Craig Campbell is a vote for: cronyism, lack of integrity, ineptness, vindictiveness,continue to screw the National Guard, keep the Guard at a low morale, throw out investigations against his coherts, keep inferior people as they don't pose a threat to his ineptness, resort to any means to get what he wants if it means lying, distorting facts, fraudulence, etc. stabbing those in the back who defy him, etc. This man? has a litany of illicit activities.
anonymous

Colorado Springs, CO

#7 Dec 13, 2009
Craig Campbell is Sarah Palin's lap dog and cares only about promoting himself. Why hasn't he been investigated for ethics violations or is Alaska politics beyond corruptness and answering to the people. This man is a despicable liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alaska Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Last Blockbuster stores stay open in Alaska Apr '17 Shirvell s Shrivel 3
News With Walker's blessing, former Gov. Murkowski w... Apr '17 John 1
News Alaska underwater gas leak continues, 2nd group... Feb '17 cannot trust em a... 1
News Alaskans dive into 0-degree water, some dressed... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Spotted Girl 3
News Alaska is Now Purple (Oct '16) Oct '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News Let's talk, not litigate, over Indian country i... (Aug '16) Sep '16 Sneaky Pete 2
News Obama paints doomsday scene of global warming i... (Sep '15) Jul '16 Go Blue Forever 15
More from around the web