By quitting as Alaska governor, Palin...

By quitting as Alaska governor, Palin likely lost the presidency

There are 250 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jul 23, 2009, titled By quitting as Alaska governor, Palin likely lost the presidency. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

W hen Sarah Palin surprised the press and public by stepping down as Alaska 's governor, she said, ''I'm not a quitter, I'm a fighter.'' In my study of women and the American presidency, two factors that significantly increase the chance of a woman president are perseverance and being governor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Disgusted

AOL

#1 Jul 23, 2009
This whole Palin episode make me sick. How can ANYONE think she is qualified for ANY job anywhere???

Palin has got to be the most unqualified, least intelligent and most poorly educated person ever nominated for either president or vice president this nation has ever seen. I mean, when someone is so bad they make George W. Bush or Dan Quale look like an intellectual, THAT'S BAD!!!!!!!!!!
I miss Zima

Slatington, PA

#3 Jul 23, 2009
Like she had a chance anyway!
snowman allentown PA

United States

#4 Jul 23, 2009
Disgusted wrote:
This whole Palin episode make me sick. How can ANYONE think she is qualified for ANY job anywhere???
Palin has got to be the most unqualified, least intelligent and most poorly educated person ever nominated for either president or vice president this nation has ever seen. I mean, when someone is so bad they make George W. Bush or Dan Quale look like an intellectual, THAT'S BAD!!!!!!!!!!
You forgot to mention big mouth, no brains biden. Going to college does NOT give you an education. Further who wants a liar like hillary in any office?
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

#5 Jul 23, 2009
Palin is bright, beautiful, respected, and has common sense and American values. She would make an outstanding President. Much better than Romney.
Allentownian

Allentown, PA

#6 Jul 23, 2009
Sarah Palin will only run for president to up her price to pose for playboy. "Well golly gee these thar perty boobies were nearly presidential donchaknow"
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

#7 Jul 23, 2009
What has this woman done to deserve the level of animosity shown by the liberal media and liberal idiots? I bet you all would have freed Barrabus.
Sarahs Hot Michelles Not

United States

#8 Jul 23, 2009
Obama bombs last night in trying to sell a health care plan that he didn't even read so what does the MC post this morning,,,,Palin likely lost the presidency.
ERGH

Macungie, PA

#9 Jul 23, 2009
Pretty darn rare a QUITTER is called "bright and respected or having common sense" Is quitting an Amercian value?
Curtis Lowe wrote:
Palin is bright, beautiful, respected, and has common sense and American values. She would make an outstanding President. Much better than Romney.
Floons

Allentown, PA

#10 Jul 23, 2009
snowman allentown PA wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to mention big mouth, no brains biden. Going to college does NOT give you an education. Further who wants a liar like hillary in any office?
"Going to college does NOT give you an education."
You can say that again! Just look at former president George W. Bush, LOL!!!
runner girl

Bethlehem, PA

#11 Jul 23, 2009
So... maybe she doesn't want to be president. If she helps get some TRUE conservatives elected to office, she can consider herself a success.
cynical

Glenolden, PA

#12 Jul 23, 2009
Curtis Lowe wrote:
What has this woman done to deserve the level of animosity shown by the liberal media and liberal idiots? I bet you all would have freed Barrabus.
Somehow people find it offensive when wannabe leaders thump their bibles while taking the high moral road, espouse 'family values' and raise a gaggle of inbred drug dealing sluts in the process.

She deserves everything she gets for all of eternity, and so does her entire family.
snowman allentown PA

United States

#13 Jul 23, 2009
Floons wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't argue with the list provided by the poster, I just added a few of my own.
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

#14 Jul 23, 2009
ERGH wrote:
Pretty darn rare a QUITTER is called "bright and respected or having common sense" Is quitting an Amercian value?
<quoted text>
Obama dropped out of Columbia.
Curtis Lowe

Montgomery, AL

#15 Jul 23, 2009
cynical wrote:
<quoted text>
Somehow people find it offensive when wannabe leaders thump their bibles while taking the high moral road, espouse 'family values' and raise a gaggle of inbred drug dealing sluts in the process.
She deserves everything she gets for all of eternity, and so does her entire family.
I don't recall her mentioning the bible on the campaign trail. I don't recall her espousing family values. I don't recall her children being accused of dealing drugs. You have issues. The Palins look like a very nice family.
AJM

Bethlehem, PA

#16 Jul 23, 2009
Sara Palin is no Hillary Clinton......thank god. By removing herslf from the governorship, she freed herself up from the endless accusations she and the state had to defend. These charges were never going to stop, as the hard left is ruthless and george soros has unlimited funds to keep these petty fights alive.
She is now free to openly strike back, countercharge, and will be the biggest fund raiser the party has known since Reagan.
She may not seek the top spot immediately, in fact, it is in her best interests to just seek the counsel she needs to tweek her resume and also build her personal finanaces to keep her above personal blackmail from the left.
She could seek the second spot as early as 2012, but that might be an early move....she'll know if the time is right for her.
Hillary Clinton proved a woman can occupy the top spot in all the polls and still blow it with bravado and hubris.....neither of which are traits of Palin.
The left fears Palin because she represents most American women's values, and she is a Conservative.....the left's biggest nitemare.
I think Sara will make a run and the time and place of her decision is in her hands....not the pundits.
Marilyn

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Jul 23, 2009
I would have loved to see her enact some of the common-sense ideas she had for this country. The established politicians in both parties are heading this country down the tubes. I wouldn't blame her if she quit politics forever. What do you think would have happened if the media wouild have come down on Obama's family the way they did on hers? Can't anyone see fairness anymore? I'm completely disgusted by the embarrasing way this great nations people are reacting to anyone who has a different opinion than theirs. TOO BAD!!! I would never vote again. This is a sick society.
AJM

Bethlehem, PA

#19 Jul 23, 2009
Floons wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeh....ha,ha,ha....Bush had a higher cumulative at Yale than John Kerry....ha,ha,ha
Obama won't even release his college transcripts..must be ashamed of something. Oh yeh, he only took classes that had cocaine in them.
The truth is out there

Alexandria, VA

#20 Jul 23, 2009
Palin is and always has been more experienced than our currently media-elected president. Obama,s resume is frightening, his policies are frightening, and the fact that he was elected by the media is the most frightening. This is another MCall non-story. One person's opininion does not speak for the true American public. See you jerk---s in 2012.
taksavillage

Kintnersville, PA

#21 Jul 23, 2009
Disgusted wrote:
YOU forgot OBAMA.
From street activist to 100 days in office as a state rep to Pres with NO accomplishments except that he was an Alinsky instructor! Give me a break!
demforlife

Norristown, PA

#22 Jul 23, 2009
The truth is out there wrote:
Palin is and always has been more experienced than our currently media-elected president. Obama,s resume is frightening, his policies are frightening, and the fact that he was elected by the media is the most frightening. This is another MCall non-story. One person's opininion does not speak for the true American public. See you jerk---s in 2012.
Well, I guess it's better to be elected through the efforts of media supplied information rather than just stealing it as Bush and his war mongering cronies did in 2000. Regarding Palin, give me a break. That woman represents American values just as well as the C Street group and her cohort, Mark Sanford. Give me a break. What a stupid non-book but then it's written by another communications major. I guess they watch each other's back. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alaska Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama paints doomsday scene of global warming i... (Sep '15) Jul 30 Go Blue Forever 15
News Members of 'Alaskan Bush People' serve time on ... Apr '16 Ann Marie 1
News Billy Brown and Joshua Brown of 'Alaskan Bush P... (Jan '16) Feb '16 Jacqueline 3
News Fire, Explosions Claim Several Homes After Alas... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Pres 1
News Sawyer's family relieved by arrest (Mar '06) Jan '16 Janice Dolby 18
News A moose-hunter and his hovercraft tell the Supr... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 1
News Starvation suspected in massive die-off of Alas... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Birds Dropping 1
More from around the web