UPDATE 2-Jury awards $3.35 mln in vag...

UPDATE 2-Jury awards $3.35 mln in vaginal mesh case against J&J

There are 3 comments on the Reuters story from Feb 25, 2013, titled UPDATE 2-Jury awards $3.35 mln in vaginal mesh case against J&J. In it, Reuters reports that:

A jury on Monday said Johnson & Johnson should pay a South Dakota woman $3.35 million for failing to adequately warn her doctor of the potential dangers of a vaginal mesh implant made by the company's Ethicon subsidiary, and for misrepresenting the product in brochures.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Helen G

Paradise Valley, AZ

#1 Mar 4, 2013
There was an update on this. I read an article on the net that the plaintiff was also awarded more than $7M in punitive damages by the jury. Try searching bladderslingrecall.us, the site may have more info.
Cara Laney

San Jose, CA

#2 Mar 15, 2013
It is indeed good news that Linda Gross was awarded compensatory damages for her ordeal. The actual damages have reached $11.1 million after punitive damages were awarded. This development has been welcomed by the thousands of women who suffered as a result of these devices. For more information and updates, you may want to check on http://www.vaginalmeshlawsuitcenter.us/vagina...
Kate

United States

#3 Jun 9, 2013
Serious complications and deadly health issues were linked to these meshes. As a matter of fact, there are lots of vaginal mesh lawsuits filed by patients of these faulty devices in the US. But the downside is that still there are many of these devices available in the market today. You may want to check this article http://lindashealthblog.blog.com/2013/06/08/c...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Startups Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News At gay pride parades, a year to weave sorrow an... 8 hr chokesontranniesu... 6
News Talk Angela App "Kidnapper Behind the Camera" (Feb '14) 12 hr Brady 250
News Straight or gay? Your boss wants to know 14 hr Roscoe 7
News Jony Ive received an honorary degree from the U... Sun kelly 2
News Potential SolarCity-Tesla Pairing Should Terrif... Sat Solarman 1
News Mayor, NAACP call for calm during shooting inve... Jun 24 This is Mine 11
News The Latest: House GOP says electronic devices s... Jun 23 payme 2
More from around the web