16-year-old girl 'gang raped' at rave, photos posted to Facebook: RCMP

Sep 16, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Winnipeg Free Press

A 16-year-old girl was drugged and raped repeatedly by partygoers at a weekend rave near Vancouver as onlookers snapped photos that have since found their way onto Facebook, the RCMP said Thursday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of132
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
striver

Etobicoke, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 18, 2010
 

Judged:

4

2

2

Girls should try to be safe in numbers and with guy friends to protect them. The men and boys who did this cannot get girl friends, and they're cowards. No girl deserves this - and a 16 yr old is a child.
May

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 18, 2010
 

Judged:

6

2

2

What happened is unspeakable. No girl deserves this, no matter who they are or what kind of lifestyle they have. Sure, we could think of alternatives of how this girl should have acted, etc.. but in the end, these young punks made it impossible for her to use her better judgment when they drugged her. Shame on these boys and their parents. Couldn't they have been raised to at least be decent human beings? What a waste of life. They deserve what is coming to them in terms of both legal justice and street justice.
woman who knows different

Bradford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 18, 2010
 

Judged:

16

12

11

Ok the investigators need to look more into it because i KNOW that this girl was doing drugs all night and willingly went with him to have sex! They didnt even have sex he went down on her and some guys took pics of them in the field to make fun of her because shes a person who sleeps around, they didnt evem think that it would be child porn. Didnt even think of it. When her parents saw the photos she claimed rape. It wasnt a gang rape it was a girl all high like most ppl in maple ridge/ pitt meadows. Who wanted to get laid. The police need to look into more.
You_Know_NOTHING

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 18, 2010
 

Judged:

11

6

3

Hey woman who knows different. You're full of crap. I'm sure the girl has injuries from guys "going down on her" as you put it. She was gang raped by 7 cowardly little piss ants. It doesn't matter if the girl was promiscuous or not. She still doesn't deserve to be raped by 7 guys. Did she use poor judgement and put herself in a bad position? Absolutely! What 16 year old hasn't used poor judgement.
Grew up in Pitt Meadows

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 18, 2010
 

Judged:

11

4

4

What happened to this poor girl is absolutely terrible!!! I cannot believe people are "justifying" this. How terrible. I hope the police capture and prosecute ANYONE involved, all picture takers, everyone who thinks it was "ok" to have them happen to this girl. Maybe if it happened to "them" they would think differently. Anyone that knows who these culprits are and does not come forward ARE COWARDS!! Nobody deserves what she went through. I have daughters who attend her school and she has dropped out because of this. How sad is that?
Disgusted

Langley, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 18, 2010
 

Judged:

11

9

4

woman who knows different wrote:
Ok the investigators need to look more into it because i KNOW that this girl was doing drugs all night and willingly went with him to have sex! They didnt even have sex he went down on her and some guys took pics of them in the field to make fun of her because shes a person who sleeps around, they didnt evem think that it would be child porn. Didnt even think of it. When her parents saw the photos she claimed rape. It wasnt a gang rape it was a girl all high like most ppl in maple ridge/ pitt meadows. Who wanted to get laid. The police need to look into more.
Are you nuts!... Tell you what, no matter how much you sleep around and how much you've had to drink or drug that night you still don't deserve to be gang raped! Especially given the fact that she had passed out. And what about those lovely kids all standing around and watching? What I would love to see is for them all to be put into a maximum security prison to see what they all think when they become someones jail bitch! Oh and without the need for the date rape, booz and other drugs.
Here lies the problem with socity today, comments like your's implying that she deserved it are so typical of morons who just don't get it. I'd love to hear you comments about the planting of the the photo's on Facebook. I figure you'd think that's cool also and besides she and her family probably deserved it. Our social and moral values have reached a new low.
Oh by the way you should think seriously about changing your tag name from "women who knows better" to something else like "child who knows nothing".
Loser.
Ridge Meadows Mom

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 18, 2010
 

Judged:

8

7

3

There is ABSOLUTELY NO JUSTIFICATION for what has happened to that poor girl. I don't care if she WAS drinking, doing drugs, looking for attention etc. It is NOT POSSIBLE for a sixteen year old girl in that condition to consent to anything. Even IF those young 'men' were under the impression that she was consenting - and I seriously doubt that - what is wrong with them that they think having anonymous group sex with an incapacitated underage girl is, on any level, acceptable, moral, or legal? It not the victim and her family who should be feeling shame - but the perpatrators who should be held up to puplic censure and ridicule. We can only hope that the pathetic individuals who were involved in this morally bankrupt/criminal act are as widely publicized as their victim's identity has been. Parents - take this opportunity to talk to your kids about the consequences of their choices when participating in out of control parties and sex with strangers. Even in 'consensual' circumstances the repercussions can be far reaching and literally affect the rest of their lives. My heart goes out to this girl and her family and I can only hope that our community rallies around them in unconditional, non-judgemental support.
Disgusted

Langley, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 18, 2010
 

Judged:

5

4

4

Ridge Meadows Mom wrote:
There is ABSOLUTELY NO JUSTIFICATION for what has happened to that poor girl. I don't care if she WAS drinking, doing drugs, looking for attention etc. It is NOT POSSIBLE for a sixteen year old girl in that condition to consent to anything. Even IF those young 'men' were under the impression that she was consenting - and I seriously doubt that - what is wrong with them that they think having anonymous group sex with an incapacitated underage girl is, on any level, acceptable, moral, or legal? It not the victim and her family who should be feeling shame - but the perpatrators who should be held up to puplic censure and ridicule. We can only hope that the pathetic individuals who were involved in this morally bankrupt/criminal act are as widely publicized as their victim's identity has been. Parents - take this opportunity to talk to your kids about the consequences of their choices when participating in out of control parties and sex with strangers. Even in 'consensual' circumstances the repercussions can be far reaching and literally affect the rest of their lives. My heart goes out to this girl and her family and I can only hope that our community rallies around them in unconditional, non-judgemental support.
Have you read some of the other posts on this site! I can't believe it or frankly i can given some kids today. Anyway great post I couldn't have said it better.
Disgusted

Langley, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 18, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

1

neil wrote:
LOL I just want to see the pictures LOL
Hey Neil! how old are you? In fact it doesn't really matter cause what ever age you are you need to have a serious look at yourself in the mirror and then perhaps some counseling.
kidsthesedays

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 18, 2010
 

Judged:

8

2

1

Found these videos from someones cam posted of the rave that happened. Don't worry no bad stuff in there, but gives you an idea of the kind
event this was.

http://tinyurl.com/327gl76
http://tinyurl.com/35oawf5
http://tinyurl.com/327gl76
Shelly

Thunder Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 18, 2010
 

Judged:

6

4

4

I cannot believe that in this day and age a woman is still blamed for the cause of an attack against her body. SO what if she was promiscuous, does this mean that every person in the world who is no longer a virgin should be raped? Like really people some of you need to give your head a shake. No means no, no matter what. So what if she was doing drugs at a party. Does this give others the right to attack her person just because she was intoxicated. This is a tragic incident. People should not be so cruel to another human being. What has been done to this child is inhumane and should not be tolerated. This incident has probably changed this young lady forever. It has most likely taken away her RIGHT to feel safe and secure when she is out in public. People need to remember this is another human being. What if this happened to your daughter, mother, sister, aunt, friend. Would you be saying these cruel things?
Doug

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 19, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

1

Would you want to "just see the pictures LOL" if it was your sister who got gang raped? Slugs like you are a disgrace to real men everywhere. I guess being a voyeur, its difficult to respect women when the only "women" in your life are the inflatable kind. You make me sick!!!
hagumi

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 19, 2010
 

Judged:

5

4

3

No one should even be trying to justify this PERIOD.

I can't believe kids think this is actually funny because they heard a rumor that she sleeps around.

So what if it's true?

STILL NO EXCUSE for her to be raped. Are you saying all women who are promiscuous should be raped? Are you saying a woman who wears mini skirts, goes to parties, likes sleeping with people, should be raped? If I "looked" like i was hungry, does it make it right for someone to shove a burger in my mouth? What the heck children, use your BRAINS. No means no. The girl wasn't even in a state to give consent. Even if she was taking drugs, that most CERTAINLY does not justify males raping her.

Given any other circumstances (ie. not being raped), someone videotaping it and then posting it online itself is ALREADY criminal. It's child pornography.

Those that are still distributing these photos are sick f___s. Grow up please. I can't believe there are some kids out there who still think this is okay. It gives me the creeps. Kids never used to be like this back then.
hagumi

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 19, 2010
 

Judged:

5

5

4

People should be more concerned about the state of our society. Some kids nowadays have really warped ideas about what is good and bad. What is actually "bad" is made "acceptable" through media. Friends laughing about it makes it "ok". Think of those 7 males that raped the defenseless girl. The people who laced her drink with the drug. These are the people who are PART OF YOUR SOCIETY. The society you as a human being are PART OF. A society your own CHILDREN will be a part of. Rapists and drug dealers and people who think it's fine to take advantage of others.

Are these the people you want to live amongst? Disregard the truth behind that night for a sec (whatever the truth may even be), those are not the people who I want to ever interact with.

People who think this is okay and justifying it, you are hurting others and yourself by encouraging criminals.
Jon

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 19, 2010
 

Judged:

12

10

9

May wrote:
What happened is unspeakable. No girl deserves this, no matter who they are or what kind of lifestyle they have. Sure, we could think of alternatives of how this girl should have acted, etc.. but in the end, these young punks made it impossible for her to use her better judgment when they drugged her. Shame on these boys and their parents. Couldn't they have been raised to at least be decent human beings? What a waste of life. They deserve what is coming to them in terms of both legal justice and street justice.
are you not paying attention? You should really wake up and dedicate yourself to reality, and not this foggy follower kind of attitude you seem to be living your life by. This girl was a slut. Period. She got high and did what thousands of other girls are doing RIGHT NOW. Then when the buzz wore off she realized what she had done. Her ego couldn't take it so she came up with a story to justify it. END OF STORY. Enough time has already been wasted giving undeserving sympathy to this. Lets move on to something of essence and relevance now ok??
Jon

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 19, 2010
 

Judged:

12

8

8

hagumi wrote:
No one should even be trying to justify this PERIOD.
I can't believe kids think this is actually funny because they heard a rumor that she sleeps around.
So what if it's true?
STILL NO EXCUSE for her to be raped. Are you saying all women who are promiscuous should be raped? Are you saying a woman who wears mini skirts, goes to parties, likes sleeping with people, should be raped? If I "looked" like i was hungry, does it make it right for someone to shove a burger in my mouth? What the heck children, use your BRAINS. No means no. The girl wasn't even in a state to give consent. Even if she was taking drugs, that most CERTAINLY does not justify males raping her.
Given any other circumstances (ie. not being raped), someone videotaping it and then posting it online itself is ALREADY criminal. It's child pornography.
Those that are still distributing these photos are sick f___s. Grow up please. I can't believe there are some kids out there who still think this is okay. It gives me the creeps. Kids never used to be like this back then.
your a tool. She wasn't raped idiot. She cried rape. Unbelievable how quickly you are to invest yourself in a lie.
What a sheep.
cantrapethewilli ng

Oakville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Sep 19, 2010
 

Judged:

13

10

9

u ppl listen too much of wat ya here ...do u know how many girls claim rape when they look like total sluts or there parents find out or watever the reason the girl was prolly a slut and got treated like one that night ,,,,lil slut prolly loved it ,,,if ya guys wanna make out some one to be the bad guy how about her parents for even letteing her out in thoes kinds of situations ,,,,16 yo should be home at 9 pm ,,
Betsy

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Sep 19, 2010
 

Judged:

6

3

3

You_Know_NOTHING wrote:
Hey woman who knows different. You're full of crap. I'm sure the girl has injuries from guys "going down on her" as you put it. She was gang raped by 7 cowardly little piss ants. It doesn't matter if the girl was promiscuous or not. She still doesn't deserve to be raped by 7 guys. Did she use poor judgement and put herself in a bad position? Absolutely! What 16 year old hasn't used poor judgement.


Well said...she is a precious human being and we do not treat others that way ever, ever, ever no matter what. Let's wake up and realize that our youth (read society) needs help.
ben

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Sep 19, 2010
 

Judged:

7

3

3

Hey Jon, how about stating some evidence of what you know since you sound COMPLETELY sure of yourself? Do you know the girl personally? Are you generalizing? That girls who are sluts get high? Or girls that have sex and then regret it then cry rape?

Yes, you are generalizing. Unless you know her personally, there is no way that you are not.

@ cantrapethewilli ng,

Yeah, you can't rape the willing. Only we don't know if she was WILLING or not. The articles say that she may have been given a drug like GHB. Now I'm not claiming I know if she was doing drugs or even what type of drugs she's doing. But how can you say that this person, no matter what age she is, is in the right mind of state to give consent?

"u ppl listen too much of wat ya here ...do u know how many girls claim rape when they look like total sluts"

So how do you go about distinguishing who actually got raped and who is just lying? Based on the people who claim she is a slut, the only evidence i hear for this argument is that: "she is a slut". I rather trust the medical reports that say the injuries are consistent to a rape case. That is far more convincing than some internet people, who may just be some 14 year old kid going LOLOLRAPAGEPWNED or people who act like they got the inside scope to all.

Peace out.
GTA_student

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Sep 19, 2010
 

Judged:

6

6

4

Jon,

By law, you can't give consent when you are under the influence of alcohol/drugs. BY LAW. She may be a slut, she may have said yes at one point (assumption), but that isn't consent.

Sadly, no one gives a shit about the truth or the law.

This girl is a victim. May be she made wrong choices and her parents shouldn't have let her gone to a party such as this. May be she shouldn't have drank so much.

Does this give others the right to take advantage of her? No. Do people do this anyway? A real man wouldn't. There are a lot of bad people out there though. Why are we even sticking up for the bad guys? I don't even need to hear both sides of the story to say that these guys are wrong. She's ***king underage.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of132
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••