Mass. girl, parents awarded $63M in Motrin lawsuit

Feb 14, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Journalgazette.net

Health care company Johnson & Johnson has been told to pay a teenager and her parents $63 million after she suffered a life-threatening drug reaction and lost most of her skin when she took a children's pain reliever nearly a decade ago.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Mar 30, 2013
Karissma

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Compensation may be the only consolation that claimants and their family or relatives may get from the suffering that they have gone through. I also came across some online resources, one of them was bladdermeshlawsuit.us/symptoms -of-failure/, and found that J&J is also facing a mesh lawsuit which has recently gone trial. Let's hope that the claimant also gets the compensation she deserves.
Lizzy

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

It seems that Johnson and Johnson has been facing several legal challenges lately. I found from bladderslingrecall.us that J&J has also been ordered by a New Jersey jury to pay more than $11 million to a woman who suffered injuries from one of their pelvic sling devices.
Sun Jackson

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Hopefully these successive losses of J&J would teach them a lesson. Just last month, two of their subsidiaries were asked to pay damages to the plaintiffs who were injured while using their products. DePuy was told to pay Loren Kransky for the injuries as a result of the defective hip implant. Linda Gross was awarded almost $11 million for the injuries she sustained while using the Prolift vaginal mesh of Ethicon, a subsidiary of J&J. For both products, there are still thousands of cases pending. This will involve billions and hopefully, J&J and its divisions learn a lesson. They should put more importance to the health of the patients rather than their financial objectives. Learn more about the trial of Linda Gross by checking on updates available in vaginalmeshlawsuitcenter.us/cl ass-action-lawsuits-not-advisa ble-for-vaginal-mesh-complaint s/

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••