A year later, Trina Johnson-Finn looks back at incarceration in dis...
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Vegas Sun.
#1 Jun 22, 2010
I am married to a Surinamer who DOES read Dutch (the official language of Suriname) and has family and friends in the country. This Trina Johnson-Finn is lying. She tried to pass herself off as Toni Braxton's secretary upon initially arriving in the country. The local publicity for the show never said a word about it being some sort of tribute by an impersonator! She KNEW that the concert had been publicized as being that of Braxton herself! That is how they got away with charging what is a very hefty price for the tickets. Now she is trying to squeeze out some more bucks out of the crime. She infers that the people are so ignorant and stupid that it would have been simple to deceive its people. The population of the country is highly literate. Most of the people speak three languages (Dutch, English, and the Surinamese patois).
Can you imagine that the authorities there would have kept her for such a lengthy period in jail all because it is a simple minded poor country and they just didn't know any better! Bull shit, folks! You'll be the simple minded and stupid if you buy into that story! For shame!!!
#2 Jun 24, 2010
Jerry, perhaps you (or your wife and/or her family) should have attended the actual trial and discovered the same truth that Mrs. Johnson-Finn had asserted the entire 3 months she was held in custody until the trial began.
1) It was the promoter who passed her off as Ms. Braxton's manager (not secretary).
2) Mrs. Johnson-Finn KNEW nothing of the concert publicity (which began a month prior to her arrival in Suriname).
3) Mrs. Johnson-Finn has made no negative statements about the people of Suriname in any press reports, in fact, she has constantly expressed sadness that people were conned out of thier monies.
4) The so-called journalists who reported to Suriname people that Mrs. Johnson-Finn was the manager of Ms. Braxton were in fact on the payroll of Mr. Ventura, the promoter who received 3 years in prison for the deception.
5) The only travisty is that she was held for 3 months before receiving her day in court to expose all the lies and deceipt. So please get your facts straight before proving to everyone how "simple-minded" you yourself are.
Add your comments below
|Japanese Toyota Cars in Suriname (Jan '16)||Jan '16||caribcarib||1|
|Want Japanese Car ? (Jan '16)||Jan '16||caribcarib||1|
|Hi Suriname - Watsup (Jul '13)||Jul '15||presan||10|
|Bi whatsapp numbers suriname/dutch (Mar '14)||Jul '15||presan||4|
|yo!!! (Aug '14)||May '15||xChaytjuh_||3|
|First female Surinamese captain to pilot jet today (May '14)||Jan '15||ray||2|
|Suriname to participate in Islamic Bank Meeting... (Jun '14)||Jun '14||Francesco Sinibaldi||1|
Find what you want!
Search Paramaribo, Suriname Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC