Paragould PRIDE Band prepares for competition

Full story: Paragould Daily Press

Rookie of the year. All indications show any one of the 24 new members of the Paragould PRIDE marching band could qualify for this title.
Comments
1 - 20 of 159 Comments Last updated Oct 18, 2009
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
PHS Ram

Blytheville, AR

#1 Jul 31, 2008
Yeah PRIDE!
ANNOYED

Paragould, AR

#2 Jul 31, 2008
Paragould band stole the whole Pride slogan from GCT bands get your own slogan

Paragould, AR

#3 Jul 31, 2008
And Tech stole it from the Gay Pride parades....so what does it matter?
ANNOYED

Paragould, AR

#4 Jul 31, 2008
good come back not! That is such a school kids answer
PHS Ram

Blytheville, AR

#5 Jul 31, 2008
Pride is used in a lot of bands. gct isn't the only band using pride. Besides not only are we The Paragould PRIDE, we're also "Paragould's Best in Sight & Sound"
babyface

United States

#6 Jul 31, 2008
PHS Ram wrote:
Pride is used in a lot of bands. gct isn't the only band using pride. Besides not only are we The Paragould PRIDE, we're also "Paragould's Best in Sight & Sound"
Please, ask anyone in Paragould Arkansas which schools band is better and they will most definitely probably say Tech's. Danny Davis is an ass but he knows how to get his band where they are amazing.
PHS Ram

Blytheville, AR

#7 Jul 31, 2008
gct USED to be the better band in Paragould. Mr. Reely and Mr. Hogard are nothing compared to the new directors. Fresh ideas and great teaching! We all love the new directors and can't wait for the tech game! Then we'll see who's the better band. Mr. Davis is an old band director with old ideas.
Both Are Good

Little Rock, AR

#8 Jul 31, 2008
Paragould residents should be grateful to have two very good music programs. Davis has a good thing going at GCT, and Reely and Hogard built the Paragould program up to be as large and successful as it has been in recent years.

For as little money that is funneled to the band programs (In comparison to schools in Central Arkansas and Northwest Arkansas) both schools in Paragould have been very successful.

Paragould, AR

#9 Jul 31, 2008
babyface wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, ask anyone in Paragould Arkansas which schools band is better and they will most definitely probably say Tech's. Danny Davis is an ass but he knows how to get his band where they are amazing.
Most definitely probably? You don't sound too sure.
PHS Alum

Paragould, AR

#10 Jul 31, 2008
I was in band with Paragould's current director. He definitely knows what he is doing and he will turn the kids into an excellent band. I can't wait for the Tech game either. When I was in school that was the only game that mattered and usually it was the only one we won. lol
Scotty

Paragould, AR

#11 Jul 31, 2008
I agree. I watched the band practice the other day and they sound pretty good. I talked to Richie for awhile and he said that they were just learning and that I should come see them at the games. They will be something to see when it all comes together for them.
R Row

New Madrid, MO

#12 Aug 1, 2008
when i first saw the title of this string i was hoping for some other kind of pride march. i didnt realize it was for a marching band. can anybody else tell me where i can find information on the kind of pride march im looking for? thanx
The Original PRIDE of GCT

Paragould, AR

#13 Aug 13, 2008
Ok.....I think it's just a little retarded that yall are gonne steel our slogan, pretty much. YES....it's used by many, but do you honestly think that your new band directors only did it because "everyone uses it"? That's a bunch of bull crap, Paragould! GCT has always given you guys a run for your money, and sometimes old is wise, and not just old. Thank you very much! Danny Davis is an amazing band director, no matter how hard he works us, and YOU will never know it, and cannot argue with it! The only thing you can do is HOPE that you can live up to PRIDE standards. GCT- PRIDE!
PHS Band Member

Paragould, AR

#14 Aug 13, 2008
PHS Ram wrote:
gct USED to be the better band in Paragould. Mr. Reely and Mr. Hogard are nothing compared to the new directors. Fresh ideas and great teaching! We all love the new directors and can't wait for the tech game! Then we'll see who's the better band. Mr. Davis is an old band director with old ideas.
How can you say Mr. Reely and Mr. Hogard are nothing compared to the new directors? You obviously do NOT know what you are talking about. They were (and still are) great directors! They built the Paragould band from scratch. Everyone in the band would give up anything to have them back. What you are not aware of is how many band students are going to (and are thinking about) quiting this year. I talk with my fellow band students everyday and they all feel the same way.
PHS Band Member

Paragould, AR

#15 Aug 13, 2008
The Original PRIDE of GCT wrote:
Ok.....I think it's just a little retarded that yall are gonne steel our slogan, pretty much. YES....it's used by many, but do you honestly think that your new band directors only did it because "everyone uses it"? That's a bunch of bull crap, Paragould! GCT has always given you guys a run for your money, and sometimes old is wise, and not just old. Thank you very much! Danny Davis is an amazing band director, no matter how hard he works us, and YOU will never know it, and cannot argue with it! The only thing you can do is HOPE that you can live up to PRIDE standards. GCT- PRIDE!
Ok, we are NOT looking for an arguement. I love GCT's band and everyone I've met from GCT is awesome. You guys have a right to be mad at us, but don't take it out on our band, please. We had no say in it, it was all the director's idea. Everyone I've talked to at PHS is just as mad as you guys. We loved having the name "Ram Band", because we are Rams and we love our mascot. Speaking for our band though, I'm sorry our directors have caused such a fuss over an avoidable subject.
phs bandmember

Paragould, AR

#16 Aug 13, 2008
GO PARAGOULD YOU ROCK...... TECH CAN NEVER BE AS GOOD AS US !!!! THEY CAN TRY FOR THE REST OF THERE LIVES BUT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN !!!!!! RAM BAND IS THE BEST IN GREENE COUNTY !!!!!!!! WE WILL MISS MR.REELY AND MR.HOGARD BUT I THANK THAT MR.WILLIAMS WILL BE A GOOD TEACHER I THANK ITS TIME FOR SOME NEW JOKES LOL !!!!! THE TRUE PRIDEOF GREENE COUNTY PARAGOULD HIGH SCHOOL !!!!!!!!!!
hmm

Little Rock, AR

#17 Aug 13, 2008
When I was there from 98-01 PHS beat the shit out of tech at all the competitions. Tech didn't even make the finals of Arkansas Open.
Kiwi

Paragould, AR

#18 Aug 14, 2008
phs bandmember wrote:
GO PARAGOULD YOU ROCK...... TECH CAN NEVER BE AS GOOD AS US !!!! THEY CAN TRY FOR THE REST OF THERE LIVES BUT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN !!!!!! RAM BAND IS THE BEST IN GREENE COUNTY !!!!!!!! WE WILL MISS MR.REELY AND MR.HOGARD BUT I THANK THAT MR.WILLIAMS WILL BE A GOOD TEACHER I THANK ITS TIME FOR SOME NEW JOKES LOL !!!!! THE TRUE PRIDEOF GREENE COUNTY PARAGOULD HIGH SCHOOL !!!!!!!!!!
Who are you?? You are making our band look like we are a bunch of jerks. Due to your incompetence, I'm guessing you are a freshman. Granted, I think we have been the better band, but I'm not going to rub it in Tech's faces. Besides if we went to Tech we'd be saying that GCT has the better band, so honestly we are amounting to nothing. We all have our own opinions, so why can't we just let each other be?

*By the way it is spelled "think" not "thank".
The Original PRIDE of GCT

Paragould, AR

#19 Aug 14, 2008
Ummmmm.....LOOK! I'm not a big enough jerk to tell you who I "thank" has the better band. I'm just saying that if YOU guys are the band, YOU obviously have a say in what to call yourselves. It's stupid to let new ideas go too far, ya know? I am a little ticked that your new directors would go that far with it....I've never had a problem with Paragould at all. I have a bunch of friends from Paragould band!.....but there are ALOT of your band kids taking this way too far with comments about Tech band, our band director, AND your old band directors! Do you see that from us?
Former PHS drum major

Paragould, AR

#20 Aug 14, 2008
Where did Mr. Reely go??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vacaville Police Department's Crime Suppression... (Apr '10) 15 hr monster 59
Raiders stadium hopes at mercy of Lew Wolff, Oa... Aug 25 Reggie McWTF 30
On this Day: Krazy George Leads First Crowd 'Wave' (Oct '08) Aug 20 lol 22
Lac-Megantic: safety board says rail company ha... Aug 19 Champions For Cha... 1
Miss Texas Throws Out First Pitch And It Goes V... Aug 19 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Santa Cruz Warriors top $1 million in season ti... Aug 16 ANON 2
Former East Gaston High wrestling coach charged... Aug 13 John Lawson 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Sports Etc. People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••