Colonel Reb ballot initiative withers

Colonel Reb ballot initiative withers

There are 7 comments on the The Clarion-Ledger story from Jun 15, 2012, titled Colonel Reb ballot initiative withers. In it, The Clarion-Ledger reports that:

Ole Miss introduced a new mascot, Rebel Black Bear, in 2010 to replace Colonel Reb , the goateed old gentlemen who'd been banned from the sidelines since 2003 / File/The Associated Press An effort to enshrine an Old South university mascot into the Mississippi Constitution is a lost cause - at least for now.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Clarion-Ledger.

spartacus

Mobile, AL

#1 Jul 26, 2012
The black bear is a good mascot. The only people who want the colonel, are those who know the colonel and other confederate symbols make it difficult for Ole Miss to recruit black athletes and project a negative image to the rest of the country. Miss State folks want the colonel back on the Ole Miss helmet. The state constitution should be for useful purposes, not to dictate mascots for universities. How about we support a constitutional amendment that MS State use Hitler as a mascot.
How do you think that would go over?
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#2 Jul 27, 2012
Though I am not into sports of any kind except rodeo, it appears the citizens of this country, white, black and others, are all searching for something to argue about. Most of it, like this bear vs. a colonel, is about as important as how old is rope. Since our freedom from England or, perhaps the Civil War, have we nothing else to belly-ache about? Hells Bells.....let it be!
Stephen

Buford, GA

#3 Jul 27, 2012
not a sports fan myself either but from the looks of it, it sounds like to me this post/forum should have had a different intro after reading that last big bang that blew me away. HA so i care nothing about this enough to not have even finish reading the forum past the title or in mind of what sport its acually be discussed, but uhh saw hells bells and let it be and i that was enough to throw some Black Sabbath in there and call it day.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#5 Jul 29, 2012
"STEPHEN"......Your above post makes no sense, at least, not to me. Believe me, I was not throwing any "Black Sabbath" anywhere, mainly because I know nothing of it's true meaning. To simplify this thing, try this from Henry Ford: "When I can't handle a situation, I let it handle itself." In other words, let the college officials run the college and let the rest of the world take a fly'n leap at roll'n doughnut!
Concerned parent

Memphis, TN

#6 Jul 30, 2012
It's sad when you go looking for cool Ole Miss gear and you can only find shirts and hats with Ole Miss, and no mascot, because noone likes it well enough to put it on a shirt or hat.
Stephen

Buford, GA

#7 Sep 2, 2012
i'm guessing you already didint see that i do not give a f09k. your just too caught up. crime fear and a dying age is what i see. where do you f==ks get the time to stay up all night and day on facebook and all that s7it anyway? am i off topic? talking about rebal ballots 2010? what? go roll'n doughnut! LIKE I SAID BLACK SABETTH
Stephen

Buford, GA

#8 Sep 2, 2012
take flyin leap off a f8cking bridge you f9ck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sports Etc. Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Act 47 looming for McKeesport? (Jan '11) 3 hr Imposter Phartse 277
News McCollum's Column: Prophecies, weird stats and ... Nov '17 AnotherPhart 2
News Rod Miller Sr. (May '11) Nov '17 Farting Captain C... 4
News GDHS Rebels get a taste of what it's like to be... (Jun '09) Oct '17 Salad Farts 7
News Father says softball team run unfairly (Apr '10) Oct '17 Did U Fart 197
News St. John's Receiver Makes Good Things Happen On... Oct '17 Fart Thrusters 2
News Remembering when horses of all types were at ho... (Feb '09) Oct '17 Mary Starling 88
More from around the web